Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxii

Paad
People saying he's too old, he's got a proper athletes body like Ronaldo. Someone like him could stay at the top of his game years longer than someone like Rooney could. He would be a bloody amazing signing right now. I don't think it'll happen of course, but I'd take him in a heartbeat if we could.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Except he's far from shit. He's 34 and very much on his game.
I'll only be convinced when I see him firing for us. So far I've watched 3 top strikers struggle to perform in LVG's United, so forgive me for not being as confident as you that he'll suddenly turn up and start banging them in.

stevoc

I wouldn't be surprised if a 34 year old Ibra is still better than 30 year old Rooney
You shouldn't be surprised if Zlatan is better than Rooney right now (he is) considering Rooney is in very poor form as he often is very early in a season.

Going forward though i would rather take a chance on a 29-30 year old Rooney getting back somewhere near his best than a 34 year old Zlatan strolling about upfront.

Rooney is past it
Well time will tell, he looked good last season for a time up front. He hasn't had decent run there for 3-4 years. If in 6 months he's still playing as he is now then i would agree he's lost it. But 6 months from now he could also be playing well and scoring goals.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People saying he's too old, he's got a proper athletes body like Ronaldo. Someone like him could stay at the top of his game years longer than someone like Rooney could. He would be a bloody amazing signing right now. I don't think it'll happen of course, but I'd take him in a heartbeat if we could.
And he only runs, when he has to.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
You shouldn't be surprised if Zlatan is better than Rooney right now (he is) considering Rooney is in very poor form as he often is very early in a season.

Going forward though i would rather take a chance on a 29-30 year old Rooney getting back somewhere near his best than a 34 year old Zlatan strolling about upfront.

Well time will tell, he looked good last season for a time up front. He hasn't had decent run there for 3-4 years. If in 6 months he's still playing as he is now then i would agree he's lost it. But 6 months from now he could also be playing well and scoring goals.
For this season I would rather have Ibrahimovich coming in rather than hoping that Rooney can regain some form in a position he hasn't played in years at a good standard. Waiting 6 months to see how he does is how you fall behind in a title race.

He has zero competition upfront and Ibra would displace him from the side and give him a kick up the arse. He would be a good signing.

Cathy Ferguson

Sir Alex would buy Zlatan and get 1-2 good years out of him. LvG? Probably not.

Zlatan would be an improvement over Rooney. Not much pace and mobility, but phenomenal strength and technical ability.

stevoc

For this season I would rather have Ibrahimovich coming in rather than hoping that Rooney can regain some form in a position he hasn't played in years at a good standard. Waiting 6 months to see how he does is how you fall behind in a title race.

He has zero competition upfront and Ibra would displace him from the side and give him a kick up the arse. He would be a good signing.

Well i would certainly hope Rooney would return to some sort of form before 6 months from now. I should have said let's revisit it in 6 months to see how he's doing.

On Zlatan he would be a shrewd signing on a 1 year contract, but i think he would want a 2-3 year deal. In which case i don't see United agreeing to a deal to pay Ibrahimovic megabucks until he is 37 years of age, nor would i want them to.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Well i would certainly hope Rooney would return to some sort of form before 6 months from now. I should have said let's revisit it in 6 months to see how he's doing.

On Zlatan he would be a shrewd signing on a 1 year contract, but i think he would want a 2-3 year deal. In which case i don't see United agreeing to a deal to pay Ibrahimovic megabucks until he is 37 years of age, nor would i want them to.
Yeah me neither. But a one year deal could be fantastic. He might just take it so he can have a chance to win the PL and then go off to the MLS or something

stevoc

Yeah me neither. But a one year deal could be fantastic. He might just take it so he can have a chance to win the PL and then go off to the MLS or something
Yeah would be great, but we don't even seem to be in for him. Can't remember us being linked to him this year.

fatboy

He's never relied on speed that much anyway, so his age won't matter so much. His excellent technique, and the built and strength to hold the ball is not going to go away anytime soon. Worth a two year contract, and I'd probably play him ahead of Rooney right away.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Theres no foundation to the thought that he'll come here, so I don't know why everyone is talking about it.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Thing with Zlatan is; he wins you the league but not the CL. I'd love him here for a season or two. Can't rely on Rooney.
Let's sign him and not register him for CL. Remember when Milan won CL with Fat Ronaldo.

santeria13

Sublemon
Theres no foundation to the thought that he'll come here, so I don't know why everyone is talking about it.
Most people on the past 3 pages are acknowledging that fact but are saying how much they would love it to happen anyway. How dare they! Besides theres no foundation for half the threads unless you consider Twitter ITK's a 'foundation'

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Most people on the past 3 pages are acknowledging that fact but are saying how much they would love it to happen anyway. How dare they! Besides theres no foundation for half the threads unless you consider Twitter ITK's a 'foundation'
Theres about 80 posts of "I would love him here" but no indication that he will or even a rumour so it just seems kind of pointless to me.

Red_toad

United wouldn't offer him a 2 or 3 year deal, he'd still cost a fee from PSG & would be on big wages. So he'll be off to China, Saudi or US I'd say.

Rake

Zlatan could potentially be great but he alsa can be a great disruptive force. It seems to me that there is good atmosphere in the dressing room and Zlatan could totally ruin that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'll only be convinced when I see him firing for us. So far I've watched 3 top strikers struggle to perform in LVG's United, so forgive me for not being as confident as you that he'll suddenly turn up and start banging them in.
He's far more suited to LvG's setup though, at least when his team are on the ball - off the ball he'd probably be a bit of a weak link, but not in a huge way. The biggest issue our strikers have had is that Rooney and van Persie inexplicably lost their strength and ability to hold off defenders, and as a consequence their hold-up play was well below par and they struggled to retain the limited amount of ball they received.

That's a critical part of a striker's game in any team but particularly in this team because we use our forwards to beat the press. We are a possession team so we'll invite teams onto us and have to withstand the press for most of the game, and while we're getting better at it we're clearly not filled with a host of technically excellent players right across the pitch, so having that option up front to relieve the pressure is important. At the moment we don't really have that and we surrender far too easily in those situations.

You can guarantee Ibrahimovic won't struggle to hold off defenders and when he gets the ball he tends to do something progressive with it.

Last edited:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You're right but when he did that interview with that lady, didn't it strike you odd she was asking about United? Maybe she was a United fan or maybe he asked her to ask specifically? Not sure why she would ask if he would work again under LVG? Don't really make sense unless there was a reason for it. So I think we might be interested because he's another personality. We might not though and I think that'd be a shame, because he would offer us a very strong focal point.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think he would be brilliant, really has a winners mentality but some people think he is past it. Don't care either way, just the novelty factor alone would make him worth it. Imagine Diego Costa trying his usual bullshit... Zlatan will kick him into the middle of next season :lol:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
When we played PSG in preseason, the United Facebook page put up a picture of him. The first time I'd seen them do that for a non United player.

Lever

Would be incredible interesting to have Zlatan for a season at United, but it's not going to happen. He's either going to stay at PSG, move to Milan or head over-seas to some MLS team. Personally I think he will pull on the Milan-shirt again.

Mali_Zeus

Ibra for one season? Why the hell not.
We would need to cross our fingers for him and LVG not to kill each other but other than that it would be a brilliant signing.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
10M? Get him! Even if it is for 1 season, it will be worth it...We have too many sissy boys in our team. A Zlatan is what we need :drool:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Last thing is want is that idiot. Good player but would cause massive issues and we have plenty already.
What massive issues has he caused throughout his career? He's a bit of a limelight character, but it's not like he's Balotelli.

Eriku

Not getting my hopes up, but boy would I welcome him. He's very strong and hard to knock off the ball, as creative as any player you could care to mention, good at both scoring and setting up other players, and has top notch technique.

His age is a non-issue, he's been consistently great for some time now. Yes, he brings the circus to town, but I'd say he's worth it.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Imagine what would happen if he was asked to train with the reserves to get match fitnes, the mutiny that would ensue with Zlatan and Valdes would be unbelievable.

Tosicsleftpeg

Von Mistelroum

I know he's a nutter, I know he's old too, but man, what a player! I love watching him and would be really excited to see him here. One of my all-time favourite players.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
So he's always up for a fight. Plenty of players like that everywhere. Most of the time those incidents are easily sorted in the locker room. By massive issues I meant serious rows where manager/player has to leave the club or lengthy bans. Things that can really affect the outcome of a season. Players scuffling is probably rather frequent in this kind of environment. When a player is very good, you tend to think his skill clearly outweighs those nuisances unless they're extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.