Zlatan shoulder tackle

lem8sh

Look at the video again, in slow motion, after the contact, the WBA defender is out of it, shocking challenge sorry

The contrast in opinions between this and Rojo vs Everton is amazing, Rojo was an idiot but Zlatan is a hero

Will see what they say on MOTD tonight
It is borderline red no doubt about it. Anyone who believes it's a red I can understand where they are coming from, it's the higher bracket of dangerous.

ZAGREB RED

It was a bit nasty, not too over the top though. Was one of those challenges that was somewhere between a yellow and a red, if it had been later in the game, he might have been sent off.

Rick88

Look at the video again, in slow motion, after the contact, the WBA defender is out of it, shocking challenge sorry

The contrast in opinions between this and Rojo vs Everton is amazing, Rojo was an idiot but Zlatan is a hero

Will see what they say on MOTD tonight
\
I'll have some of the stuff that you're smoking. Also Delfouneso.....

ZAGREB RED

Zlatan is not a nasty player.
Yellow is fair
I would say he has a nasty streak in him in, but that is not a criticism, it's a good thing, as it means he will give as good as he gets from defenders who try and rough him up. He takes no shit from anyone.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I remember Carroll clattering into Dave a few years ago and nothing was given.

cyberman

BT are still pushing this. How many times does Howard have to say it's a yellow?

CM

Certainly no worse than Brunt's, think yellow was fair for both of them.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Commentators on MSNBC/BT immediately declared 'RED' for Zlatan's shoulder barge. In the second half though, they were defending Chris Brunt's 'need to commit the challenge' for the team and why it was an yellow while Zlatan's challenge was a clear red. Alright lads, feck off now.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
OP, you've picked the right player to name yourself after.

EyeInTheSky

I'm just waiting for our luck to turn with your threads.
:lol:

Bang on. What utter trash. I can't remember a single decent post that I have read from this clown. I bet if I look back he is one of the haters in the beginning and is now left with nothing but backhanded compliments to give... actually there was no compliment. The guy wins us the game yet again bags a couple and he chooses to start a thread about a flying header attempt.

What about a thread concerning the elbow/shoulder challenge against rashford which was even worse but because it was on the ground it was not as sensationalist. Or what about a thread concerning the slap against Rojo?

WyoManU

It was a very hard foul, and quite naughty, but I don't think it deserved a red. For those that think a red was justifiable, then the obvious excessive force shoulder challenge on Rashford when the ball was 20 yards away is every bit as much a red.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Commentators on MSNBC/BT immediately declared 'RED' for Zlatan's shoulder barge. In the second half though, they were defending Chris Brunt's 'need to commit the challenge' for the team and why it was an yellow while Zlatan's challenge was a clear red. Alright lads, feck off now.
Yep that wound me up as well.

Smithy_123

Pulis is a right bitter cnut. Saying the shoulder barge was much worse than the slap.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
It's a poor challenge. However, on the close up you can see he actually catches the player with his chest, not is shoulder.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Certainly one of those challenges you're a little worried about for a few seconds, but then quickly are re-assured!
Just a committed challenge, and when a 15 stone beast goes in like that, someone's ending up on the floor!

FattyFooty

Look at Zlatans underrated speed. He came in fast!

And no, not a red. Just a good display of how fast that big fella can get some pace. Love it!

Steven7290

The commentator said, and I quote "Why this challenge is a yellow and Zlatan's should have been a red is because they are different. My feeling is that they are different." Can't argue with that logic.