£100m: Jan/summer squad additions.

dev1l

I can expect the rumoure to just continue to flow.

here's another one....

Michael Carrick 'to be offered back to Spurs' as United prepare £100m spree
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to be handed a £100million warchest next year, marking the end of out-of-favour midfielder Michael Carrick's career at Old Trafford as he is set to be offered back to old club Spurs
Harry Redknapp has declared Bale is not for sale at any price, although Ferguson could try to tempt the north Londoners into parting with their most-prized asset with a bumper offer of more than £30million, plus Carrick.
:lol:

Read more: Michael Carrick 'to be offered back to Spurs' as Manchester United prepare £100m spree | Metro.co.uk

What did a move to United do for his career??? Ask BigSpursFan from Stevenage????
Errrrrrr, 3 league titles, 1 Champions league title, 1 Carling cup, 1 community shield!!!!:devil:
I'm lovin' the way the Spurs fans are suddenly becoming big-time charlie's!!
If United want Bale they will sign him - end of!!! And Spurs will go back to being a UEFA League team!!

Read more: Michael Carrick 'to be offered back to Spurs' as Manchester United prepare £100m spree | Metro.co.uk

buckooo1978

I like the cut of your jib, Sir.

Although replace DC with either Pastore or Sanchez.

Outs: VDS (retire), Neville (retire), Carrick, Park, Owen.
Park has had a poor season by his standards but I can't see him leaving - he's a genuinely good squad player

dev1l

Manchester United Interested In Making Move For Manchester City's Shay Given Next Summer After He Was Offered In Part-Exchange For Wayne Rooney
Veteran goalkeeper told he can leave Eastlands next summer

Manchester United have expressed an interest in making a move for Shay Given at the end of the season, Goal.com UK can reveal.

Manchester City were willing to offer the experienced goalkeeper in part-exchange to help smooth through the transfer of Wayne Rooney before his anticipated switch to the City of Manchester Stadium collapsed last week.

But United are ready to re-ignite their interest in Given, 34, when manager Sir Alex Ferguson completely overhauls his squad next summer.

Current No.1 Edwin van der Sar is widely expected to retire at the end of the season and Ferguson is believed to be willing to listen to offers for the Dutchman’s understudy Tomasz Kuszczak.

City have told the Republic of Ireland keeper that they want to keep him as back up for Joe Hart until the end of the season and will not stand in his way if he wants to leave the club he joined from Newcastle United during the 2009 January transfer window.
“City want two top goalkeepers until the end of the season and have told Given that they want him to stay and will then help him find a new club,” a City source told Goal.com UK. “They like him a lot but Hart is the undisputed No.1 now and Given is aware that his opportunities are likely to be limited. He wants regular first-team football and at his age does not want to be sitting on the bench every week.

“City were willing to offer him to United to smooth through the transfer of Rooney, and would have let him go in January in those unique set of circumstances. But now they are adamant that he stays as quality back-up until the summer window.”

Although City were unwilling to sell the likes of Micah Richards and Craig Bellamy to Champions League rivals Tottenham last summer, they are ready to make an exception for Given, whose £90,000-a-week wages will be a problem for any clubs outside the top six.

Fulham enquired about taking Given on loan at the end of August but pulled out after medical checks revealed he had not fully recovered from the dislocated shoulder he suffered at the end of last season.

Ferguson wants to bring two top-class goalkeepers to Old Trafford next summer and has been assured by the Glazer family that he will have a transfer kitty of £50 million plus whatever he makes from player sales.

Among the goalkeepers he has been linked with are Ajax’s Maarten Stekelenburg, Schalke’s Manuel Neuer and Atletico Madrid’s David de Gea.
Manchester United Interested In Making Move For Manchester City's Shay Given Next Summer After He Was Offered In Part-Exchange For Wayne Rooney - Goal.com

Doevle

Please God no, horrible goalkeeper. At least when he moves more than a couple of inches out from the goal line.

Hellboy

We should have signed Bale for £7m when he was still playing at Southampton, it's too late now, too expensive.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So if you sign Bale you are just going to drop Valencia?

Effectively a waste of his 18 million transfer fee.
There'd be rotation but that's not even the point. We're well stocked on wings, well we could use one back-up player there if Obertan isn't going to get any playing time, but Nani and Valencia are a very good pair of wingers and we have bigger problems elsewhere on the pitch.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Given :lol:

Not fussed about Bale. He's not worth 20m let alone 30m.

Schweinsteiger and/or Banega please.

Amir

So 8 of our first team are leaving and we're bringing in 4 players?
Not really interested in discussing names, but I have to say that some departures are inevitable. Aside from the fact our squad is slightly too big (somewhat do to the age and fitness problems of some players), some of the younger ones will get to the age where we have to register them in order for them to play in the league.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I'm sure Houllier will make a move for Owen. Can't dispute that Owen will move on, it's just a matter of when. Gibson too most likely.

Karel_Poborsky

Rotation, we lack strength on depth.

Look at the Chelsea, Barca, City, R. Madrid squads. They dont just have 11 players.
Yeh but an 18 million pound sub.

My point is that SAF missed a massive trick. He should have known Nani was better on the right, and bought a LW instead of Valencia.

Blair

I'm sure Houllier will make a move for Owen. Can't dispute that Owen will move on, it's just a matter of when. Gibson too most likely.
That would be a good move for all parties. If we could get a few million for him then fantastic. And it would still be good to see Owen doing well, albeit not with us.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

My point is that SAF missed a massive trick. He should have known Nani was better on the right, and bought a LW instead of Valencia.
It's a bit of a myth that Nani is better on the right to be fair.

Blair

Yes it's a lot of money, but we'd not be the only club with £18m+ players waiting to come on.

Think of the options we'd have on the wings with Nani, Bale, Valencia and Obertan/Bebe.

towcester_red

We have had more expensive subs than that before.

Bit harsh to say we could have signed someone else instead of Valencia when he was probably our second best player last year?

Id like to see Bale in a Utd shirt, but Tottenham would probably quite rightly demand a ridiculous fee that we cannot afford.

hungrywing

SAF knew it. We all knew it. But remember, at that point Nani still had a few (or depending on who you asked, would never make it at the club) question marks hanging over his head. The Valencia buy was not without its "well, just to be on the safe side..."-ness.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So if you sign Bale you are just going to drop Valencia?

Effectively a waste of his 18 million transfer fee.
He may not be the same player after such a bad injury. Besides, Nani plays best on the right, makes sense to invest in a winger for the left.

In a realistic world, Bale at United would be fantastic. But in all honesty, I can't see it happening.

Mojo_pin

Nani tends to operate on the right, left, and through the middle so it is not much of a concern if someone like Bale joins us. If he keeps maturing, you just find a place for him in the side(a la Ronaldo).

Crustanoid

Carrick + PIG = Reina? Would make sense for the Scousers as Carrick is better than anyone in CM there bar Gerrard, plus PIG gets to be number one at a club his level. I actually think Roy's a nice enough man to make this happen