£100m: Jan/summer squad additions.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think Nani had started to look very effective on the left when Valencia's injury forced him across. If he's confident he can play either side comfortably. When he's having an off day playing on the right affords him the opportunity of moving the ball quickly and getting crosses in which don't give the defender as much of an opportunity to stop him.

Jaap

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
We wont get Bale for £25m, if Tottenham sell him to us at all, they will demand more than they did for Berbatov at £30,75m... Probably more like £35m... Is he really worth that? I'd bet we get Juan Mata for less... But if we sign Bale, we know what we get, I am almost positive he wont flop as he is used to the English game. It is always preferable to sign domestic players.
Obviously crap sarcasm and parody doesn't work in this forum. I was taking the piss and you edited my white text out of your quote.

I don't want to be associated with this idiotic game.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Schweinsteiger would be the perfect replacement for Scholes. Sadly, it's not going to happen.
I really think it could happen because this is not the first time Scheweinsteiger has been linked with us. And now that Sneijder is going to sign a new contract and Hamsik has already signed a new contract until 2015, he might be one of the few midfielders left that can just walk into our team.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
I really think it could happen because this is not the first time Scheweinsteiger has been linked with us. And now that Sneijder is going to sign a new contract and Hamsik has already signed a new contract until 2015, he might be one of the few midfielders left that can just walk into our team.
Most players have been linked with us at least once in their career, however short that is.

It's been happening for as long as I can remember. United's name in an article sells newspapers.

Devil may care

If Schweinsteiger only has a year left on his contract come this summer I see no reason why we can't leverage a deal.

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
So if you sign Bale you are just going to drop Valencia?

Effectively a waste of his 18 million transfer fee.
That is just absurd thinking. There are 70 matches a year and noone can play every one. And, competition for the places are just healthy. The problem with todays squad, is that both Nani and Valencia is best on the right hand side... We have no left footed wingers and that is a problem. Bale would be a brilliant signing.

kietotheworld

Carrick + PIG = Reina? Would make sense for the Scousers as Carrick is better than anyone in CM there bar Gerrard, plus PIG gets to be number one at a club his level. I actually think Roy's a nice enough man to make this happen
We are not signing Reina, and Carrick is better in CM than Gerrard if you play him in the correct role. I sincerely doubt Reina would ever sign for us.

''Sir Alex interested in Schweinsteiger'', the headline today on Sport1.de | Sport | News | Ergebnisse | Live Ticker | Tabelle | Bundesliga | Startseite | SPORT1.de - also stating that the Sir wants ''Schweini'' as a replacement for Paul Scholes.

He is contracted until 2012 and should he leave Bayern, United would need to invest around 30m Euros for the midfielder.
€30m for a player with one year left on his contract, assuming we'd be signing him next summer? Not a realistic price for him at all. Maybe for Tevez or Sneijder that would be a fair price.

RDCR07

€30m for a player with one year left on his contract, assuming we'd be signing him next summer? Not a realistic price for him at all. Maybe for Tevez or Sneijder that would be a fair price.
That is the thing with Schweinsteigner. He is going to cost 30M if we get him in the winter but if we get him in the summer, he is definitely not going to cost 30M. He will be around 15-20M, which is still pretty high but I think it'll be worth it for a player of his quality.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I thought it was accepted that Schweinsteiger was a bit like Klose in the respect that he is fantastic for his national team but somewhat inconsistant for his club?

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
January?

How about January, there are a lot of focus on your Sneijder's and Schweinstenger's whom probably won't happen at all, but guaranteed won't happen in January. Huge names will not happen in January as they are so much more pricy in that window, we need to get some of the smaller guns.

As we have lost Valencia, probably for the remainder of this season; as well as it is quite thin behind him - I would dare to be arrogant enough to say that we won't win the league without improving our winger situation, whom probably were the weakest link in the first place.

At the end of the summer window we were linked to Deportivo La Coruna's; Andrés Guardado, saw him in the world cup and a few la liga matches and he really is a talented winger. We probably could get him as a decent price, I bet he would cost less than €20m in Janury. A friend of mine suggested Charles N'Zongbia, obviously not a good enough choice as a first choice man, but a decent reserve between Nani and Valencia when he comes back? I bet he could do decent in a good club... Again I don't think he would cost a fortune, this would probably give Cleverley more playing time in Wigan too. Not a man I would love us signing, but he would probably increase our chances of winning the league and he is only 24, and a experienced Premier League player. He was on his way to Birmingham for £12m in the summer, if that price stands, he might a good January signing?

As well as Jordan Henderson linked, if this would happen now, I bet Danny Welbeck would go to Sunderland as make-weight. Steve Bruce seems to rate him above Asamoah Gyan whom seems impressive. I also hope there is something in the rumors about Steven Defour, he seems like a really talented player, rumored for only £12m. Carrick really has not been him self lately, doing tons of mistakes. I really did not expect our defense to fail us, because that has been the best in the world for years now IMO. Do we need to sign someone in January to help plug it up, either (defensive)midfielder or defenders?

RDCR07

How about January, there are a lot of focus on your Sneijder's and Schweinstenger's whom probably won't happen at all, but guaranteed won't happen in January. Huge names will not happen in January as they are so much more pricy in that window, we need to get some of the smaller guns.

As we have lost Valencia, probably for the remainder of this season; as well as it is quite thin behind him - I would dare to be arrogant enough to say that we won't win the league without improving our winger situation, whom probably were the weakest link in the first place.

At the end of the summer window we were linked to Deportivo La Coruna's; Andrés Guardado, saw him in the world cup and a few la liga matches and he really is a talented winger. We probably could get him as a decent price, I bet he would cost less than €20m in Janury. A friend of mine suggested Charles N'Zongbia, obviously not a good enough choice as a first choice man, but a decent reserve between Nani and Valencia when he comes back? I bet he could do decent in a good club... Again I don't think he would cost a fortune, this would probably give Cleverley more playing time in Wigan too. Not a man I would love us signing, but he would probably increase our chances of winning the league and he is only 24, and a experienced Premier League player. He was on his way to Birmingham for £12m in the summer, if that price stands, he might a good January signing?

As well as Jordan Henderson linked, if this would happen now, I bet Danny Welbeck would go to Sunderland as make-weight. Steve Bruce seems to rate him above Asamoah Gyan whom seems impressive. I also hope there is something in the rumors about Steven Defour, he seems like a really talented player, rumored for only £12m. Carrick really has not been him self lately, doing tons of mistakes. I really did not expect our defense to fail us, because that has been the best in the world for years now IMO. Do we need to sign someone in January to help plug it up, either (defensive)midfielder or defenders?
No offense Georgie. I have been reading your posts in THIS thread and they have been pretty shitty.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Schweinsteiger?? Now we're talking!

dev1l

O'Shea hits the jackpot
JOHN O'SHEA is the latest player ready to commit to Old Trafford - with a £16.5m deal
Published: 2010-10-27

ALEX FERGUSON has stepped up his plan to get Manchester United stars to commit to Old Trafford by offering John O'Shea a £16.5million contract.

The United boss followed Wayne Rooney's deal by getting Patrice Evra to agree to a big contract as revealed exclusively in yesterday's SunSport.

Now defender O'Shea is being tied down.

His £80,000-a-week four-year deal is modest compared with Rooney's £250,000 and it trails Evra's £100,000.

But O'Shea, 29, will have no complaints. This third contract deal also lets United fans know the club will do all it can to fight off any raids from Manchester City.

Old Trafford chief executive David Gill said: "We have a policy that wages should be 50 per cent or less of turnover.

"We believe we can do that and still retain and attract the stars we need. That's a sensible model. Clubs have other models. Each to their own."

Ferguson moved as O'Shea had just one year left of his contract.

As well as Rooney, Evra and O'Shea, Anderson will also be getting a new deal.

prateik

highly doubt he will be on 80k a week
versatile .. essential player in the 18 man squad at all times if fit
love him . delighted that he might be staying on

yamo123x

I'll have my muppet say

To compete with likes of inter, city,real and barca Would love alexis sanchez, schweinsteiger(replacing scholes) and bale ( replacing giggs).

Problem is city will be after everyone we are interested in--dzeko is class but city will get him, i hope we dont move for defour, ive watched him quite a bit since he come back from injury and he is no better than we have at the mo, we need world class players to compete.

Berlinknives

Didn't Berbatov only have one year left on his contract at Tottenham?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
highly doubt he will be on 80k a week
versatile .. essential player in the 18 man squad at all times if fit
love him . delighted that he might be staying on
A very important player in the squad. Having him on the bench essentially covers the entire defensive line as well as an emergency CM.

That naturally allows us to put more attacking talent on the bench. He often gets critised on here, but I love O'Shea, great squad player for us.

Commadus

Sheesy wont be anywhere near £80k. United were nealry going to let Brown go and he is no on £50k which is where sheesy will be around. Fletcher not long ago was on £30k and only this year has Vidic moved on from about £40-50k to about £80-£90k.

Berlinknives

Sheesy wont be anywhere near £80k. United were nealry going to let Brown go and he is no on £50k which is where sheesy will be around. Fletcher not long ago was on £30k and only this year has Vidic moved on from about £40-50k to about £80-£90k.
I think Man City made a bid.

Longlivekeano

100 Million Pounds

(If I were Fergie)

GK: Van De Gea (Atletico Madrid-30 million pounds)

MF: Javier Pastore (Palermo, Argentina-35 million pounds)

Winger: Promote Ravel Morrison from Reserves/Return Danny Welbeck from loan

Striker: Antonion Cassano (Sampdoria, Italy, 30 million pounds)

+/-5 million pounds for bargaining difficult deals

Blair

100 Million Pounds

(If I were Fergie)

Cassano? feck no.

And Van De Gea would never cost £30m. £30m could probably buy you Casillas!

Blair

If I had the chioce with £100m:

De Gea - £15m
Defour - £15
Bale - £30m
Benzema - £20m
Hamsik - £25m

Out with: Carrick, Gibson, Park, Owen. Retire: Neville, VDS.

Enigma_87

You know who
100 Million Pounds

(If I were Fergie)

no white text?

buckooo1978

100 Million Pounds

(If I were Fergie)

do you really think we would have to pay 30 million pounds for a very good but relatively inexperienced de gea?

Cassano can be magic but not sure what he adds to a squad with 3 main strikers (rooney/berbatov/hernandez) and thats not taking into account the young players (macheda/welbeck/diouf)

Pastore would be a good signing from what i hear but along with the likes of him and a goalkeeper (for a decent price) we'd need to be bringing in another central midfielder like Sneijder, Schweinsteiger (dream scenrio) or Rodwell etc..

we also need more quality on the left of midfield - Bale would be too expensive so I can really see us going in for a european player - shame alex sanchez seems to play on the right - ashley young is a realistic target - his contract was the same as rooney's so he can buy himself out in the summer

towcester_red

100 Million Pounds

(If I were Fergie)

What????

Berlinknives

Would this £100 million include the combined £70 million + in the contracts of Vidic, Rooney, Evra, O'Shea and Anderson?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I thought it was accepted that Schweinsteiger was a bit like Klose in the respect that he is fantastic for his national team but somewhat inconsistant for his club?
Felt he was generally very good in the Champions League last year.