£80m Ronaldo Bid accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feedingseagulls

:lol: Priceless

You were arguing there were no 'wrongs' before...
When you claimed he'd stated he was 'wrong' for example - my rebuttal was based on accurate reflection of his own words.

When evaluating whether what he'd admitted to doing was 'wrong' - that was based on an accurate reflection of his description of those actions. I evaluated the actions he described against (almost) objective right/wrong judgements - still not judging, or being affected by an idea of, his character.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Could this get more boring?

Oops, I think it just did. Sorry.

Feedingseagulls

It wasn't an interview - I've just seen it on Spanish TV. He did a deal with the camera crews parked outside his villa to try and get them to stop them peering over the wall - 30 seconds of I don't know, I can't comment, I'll talk about it when it's official and about half a dozen sentences of much retranslated "story".
Context, as I said often last summer, is everything. :D

Not so horrific he failed to give chapter and verse about how great the fans used to be now, is it guys?

B Cantona

Desperate
Not so horrific he failed to give chapter and verse about how great the fans used to be now, is it guys?
:lol: Do you honestly think your sleep inducing ramblings have swayed anyone's opinions? You spent most of it just trying to have a pop at me!

Have you forgotten everyone scoffed at your assertion the crowd had played a factor in his leaving?

I agree with Sincher, it is becoming boring now. There's only so much arguing with someone who's wrong and refuses to admit it a person can take

Feedingseagulls

:lol: Do you honestly think your sleep inducing ramblings have swayed anyone's opinions? You spent most of it just trying to have a pop at me!

Have you forgotten everyone scoffed at your assertion the crowd had played a factor in his leaving?

I agree with Sincher, it is becoming boring now. There's only so much arguing with someone who's wrong and refuses to admit it a person can take
I provided another example of how much your reaction to press reports relies on your pre-determined view of Ronaldo's character and how little on fact - and all you can provide is ad hominem attacks - typical!

Re. fan effect - too many (I reckon) believed your misrepresentation that I was claiming the fans' reaction was the over-riding factor. Didn't it take me about 2 pages to get one guy to acknowledge that I was making a much smaller claim and to admit to there quite possibly being some effect - and not the 'no effect at all' he'd originally claimed? That's pretty characteristic of the opposition tbh.

It's a bit like Pogue getting sucked into your erroneous claims I'd been denying Ronaldo thought of leaving.

B Cantona

Desperate
Pogue's clever enough and sensible enough to construct his own thoughts FS. He read the Ronaldo thread last summer just like me. Anyone who saw it knows from the start you were claiming the idea he wanted away to Madrid was bullshit. Then at some magical point you imagined, he suddenly changed his mind. He even said he'd decided he wanted to leave before the end of the season, before 'I stay', but you just won't listen to that because it would mean admitting, right off the bat, that you were wrong. And you were FS, you got it wrong

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice you just essentially claimed the vast majority of the OT crowd has emotional failings. Funny how it's every single other person who has the problems or has it wrong, and not you, ever, isn't it?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Feedingseagulls and Brad.

feck off.

Nobody cares about your shitty, pointless argument.

Go to PM.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
:lol: What was that mate, don't think you were clear enough expressing your view!

Fair point. I'm not fecking PMing the grumpy git mind
Nothing personal, its just long pointless drawn out arguments piss me off.

And also, my girlfriend is fecking off around Europe with two of her 'guy friends' tomorrow and I want to fecking punch someone.

Sorry if I took it out on you.

Anyway, Ronaldo, yeah.

Crerand Legend

God the sooner the judas shit signs his circus contract the better,we should be concentrating on players that want to play for this club

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
They should turn this thread into a Hollywood movie, with Brad being voiced by Woody Allen and Feedingseagulls voiced by Danny De Vito. The twist at the end could be that they are actually the same person.

B Cantona

Desperate
Nothing personal, its just long pointless drawn out arguments piss me off.

And also, my girlfriend is fecking off around Europe with two of her 'guy friends' tomorrow and I want to fecking punch someone.

Sorry if I took it out on you.

Anyway, Ronaldo, yeah.
Hehe no worries mate

Can you believe they piss me off too. I just have a compulsion to argue the toss with folk who will not concede they're wrong about something even when they blatantly are!

Crerand Legend

Thankfully this Ronaldo shit is no longer polluting the Manchester United forum,he is trying to get out of here asap so why should he have anything to do with Manchester United

Dino

Pogue's clever enough and sensible enough to construct his own thoughts FS. He read the Ronaldo thread last summer just like me. Anyone who saw it knows from the start you were claiming the idea he wanted away to Madrid was bullshit. Then at some magical point you imagined, he suddenly changed his mind. He even said he'd decided he wanted to leave before the end of the season, before 'I stay', but you just won't listen to that because it would mean admitting, right off the bat, that you were wrong. And you were FS, you got it wrong

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice you just essentially claimed the vast majority of the OT crowd has emotional failings. Funny how it's every single other person who has the problems or has it wrong, and not you, ever, isn't it?
I know what you did last summer FS.lol..yup FS was claiming it was media bullshit and striker10 gave an example why we should bend over and get drilled.Ronaldo has been wanting to go to RM since last summer and its been confirmed now.Im ok with that as 80million is a lot of money and i rather we dont buy anyone too.I just want to see United play:devil:

GIT Z RED

Real Madrid Expecting 25,000 Fans At The Bernabeu For Cristiano Ronaldo Presentation
Los Blancos are reportedly preparing a galactic welcome for CR7…
24 Jun 2009 08:25:52
Cristiano Ronaldo, FIFA World Player (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Cristiano Ronaldo, FIFA World Player (PA)
Related Links
Teams

* Man Utd.
* Real Madrid

Players

* Cristiano Ronaldo

There is still no update on whether or not Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid to complete his official move to the Santiago Bernabeu, but the Spanish and global media are already anticipating all the pomp and circumstance of his formal presentation.

It has widely been reported that Los Blancos have already earmarked July 6 (Monday) as the date the club will parade their latest Ballon d’Or winner, and according to AS, they are expecting around 25,000 fans to show up in the stands of the Bernabeu to witness Ronaldo pull on the famous white shirt for the very first time.

It is believe that the ‘White House’ have already begun meetings to iron out various details of the event, but the sports paper is speculating that the presentation will be held at 20:00 CET, so that those who work during the day will be able to attend, while the television channels will also be able to broadcasts the occasion on their late news at 21:00.

Madrid’s current record attendance for a player presentation is held by Robinho, when 11,000 fans turned up in the stadium on August 26, 2005 to see the Brazilian in the flesh for the first time.

Zinedine Zidane, meanwhile, holds the record for media attendance after 400 accredited journalists were present during his unveiling. Ronaldo is expected to command about 500 reporters from over 25 countries.

KS Leong, Goal.com

Feedingseagulls

Then at some magical point you imagined, [Ronaldo] suddenly changed his mind. He even said he'd decided he wanted to leave before the end of the season, before 'I stay', but you just won't listen to that because it would mean admitting, right off the bat, that you were wrong. And you were FS, you got it wrong
No he didn't Brad - as you should remember by now - he stated clearly and many times, explicitly, that he decided after the CL. In one interview (for which he never gave the promised audio/vid) Balague claims Ronaldo says he made some decision earlier - but the nature of that decision isn't stated. On the very same day as that putative quote, Ronaldo replies to a question about a move to Madrid by saying he had not yet made a decision.

So that's about 6 definite and clear statements he decided later...

versus...

1 vague statement about a decision that did happen earlier - even though the nature of that decision is never spelled out.

Standard analysis is against you in deciding that the one ill-defined remark makes all others lies, as opposed to building an interpretation based on the majority of clear statements and interpreting the vague quote to refer to something slightly different.

Just because you'd decided he was going early on, and he later made a similar decision, doesn't mean he'd decided when you believed he did. Because it justified your early summer anger, you have to interpret an unclear remark a certain way and claim that it (& your interpretation) are true, and the many remarks that directly contradict your opinion are all false. Really, that's arguing from the conclusion to the premise, as well as being contrary to the evidence.

Feedingseagulls

I know what you did last summer FS.lol..yup FS was claiming it was media bullshit and striker10 gave an example why we should bend over and get drilled.Ronaldo has been wanting to go to RM since last summer and its been confirmed now.Im ok with that as 80million is a lot of money and i rather we dont buy anyone too.I just want to see United play:devil:
That's actually...

most of these stories are made up of media spin rather than 'facts' ...

misleading headlines and paraphrases are being used to make it look like people are saying rather different things to what is really the case...

just after the CL, I examined what evidence had been produced and printed to say he'd decided to move, and what was suggesting he was intending to stay - at that time we had better evidence that during this period he intended to stay...

he later decided to move - which happens to match all those many clear statements that he didn't decide until sometime after the CL - and of course we got to hear about it (and get the evidence) a little after that. :angel:

Whilst 'media bullshit' continued, as described above, what I claimed was significantly more than, and different to, 'it was media bullshit'. :D

B Cantona

Desperate
No he didn't Brad - as you should remember by now - he stated clearly and many times, explicitly, that he decided after the CL. In one interview (for which he never gave the promised audio/vid) Balague claims Ronaldo says he made some decision earlier - but the nature of that decision isn't stated. On the very same day as that putative quote, Ronaldo replies to a question about a move to Madrid by saying he had not yet made a decision.

So that's about 6 definite and clear statements he decided later...

versus...

1 vague statement about a decision that did happen earlier - even though the nature of that decision is never spelled out.

Standard analysis is against you in deciding that the one ill-defined remark makes all others lies, as opposed to building an interpretation based on the majority of clear statements and interpreting the vague quote to refer to something slightly different.

Just because you'd decided he was going early on, and he later made a similar decision, doesn't mean he'd decided when you believed he did. Because it justified your early summer anger, you have to interpret an unclear remark a certain way and claim that it (& your interpretation) are true, and the many remarks that directly contradict your opinion are all false. Really, that's arguing from the conclusion to the premise, as well as being contrary to the evidence.
Nobody listened to or bought your bollocks last summer FS, no-one's doing it this

The guy wanted to go, and wanted to from before the Champions League final even. Ok, why have you signed a 5 year contract just a year ago then? Why are you lying to us about it (something he's repeated this season too)? Why are you using the press to try and get this move? Many questions United fans have about his actions, and more

He's gone now, he got what he wanted. We got a deal we were happy to accept. He's a cnut, and he's not even our cnut anymore

Feedingseagulls

Nobody listened to or bought your bollocks last summer FS, no-one's doing it this

The guy wanted to go, and wanted to from before the Champions League final even. Ok, why have you signed a 5 year contract just a year ago then? Why are you lying to us about it (something he's repeated this season too)? Why are you using the press to try and get this move? Many questions United fans have about his actions, and more

He's gone now, he got what he wanted. We got a deal we were happy to accept. He's a cnut, and he's not even our cnut anymore
Emotion over rationality on your part again I see - depict all the clear evidence as false and insist the vague stuff means what you'd like - but then that's you all over really isn't it: emotion above rationality?

B Cantona

Desperate
Emotion over rationality on your part again I see - depict all the clear evidence as false and insist the vague stuff means what you'd like - but then that's you all over really isn't it: emotion above rationality?
:lol: Enjoying your little crusade to take all the emotion out of the game FS?

'Clear evidence' my arse. No one is falling for it mate

The records well and truely broken now, give it a rest. The majority just don't share your views, deal with it

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Sorry mate, no offense but you do sound like Sam Waterson in Law and Order. And reading this thread gives me an eerie feeling of sitting inside a court room than a Man Utd footie forum :confused:

Dino

That's actually...

most of these stories are made up of media spin rather than 'facts' ...

misleading headlines and paraphrases are being used to make it look like people are saying rather different things to what is really the case...

just after the CL, I examined what evidence had been produced and printed to say he'd decided to move, and what was suggesting he was intending to stay - at that time we had better evidence that during this period he intended to stay...

he later decided to move - which happens to match all those many clear statements that he didn't decide until sometime after the CL - and of course we got to hear about it (and get the evidence) a little after that. :angel:

Whilst 'media bullshit' continued, as described above, what I claimed was significantly more than, and different to, 'it was media bullshit'. :D
It wasnt media bullshit.It was the truth and everyone knows it.But i dont hate him or what because i see what he has given the club.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Paris Hilton: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Too 'Sissy' For Me

The Hollywood bombshell ditched the new Real Madrid signing because she felt he was a little on the girly side...

25 Jun 2009 01:51:32

After partying with Cristiano Ronaldo for two nights in Los Angeles, Paris Hilton revealed that she wasn't into the Portuguese superstar because he is far too feminine for her liking.

British tabloid Daily Star stated that Hilton told friends that she could never start a serious relationship with Cristiano because she prefers masculine men instead.

According to a Hollywood source, "She likes her guys to be macho and as far as she's concerned, Ronaldo turned out to be a sissy.

"Paris likes her men rugged, it's as simple as that. She thought her friends would laugh at her if she dated a guy who walks around with flowers in his hair."

As well as this, the hotel heiress explained that Cristiano "was just too uptight for her to find attractive", because he couldn't stand all the attention she had received during the two evenings they spent together at the MyHouse bar and at her luxury Beverly Hills home.

The source added, "In the end, Paris realised their relationship simply wasn't clicking. Paris got to know him and realised he's not nearly hot enough."

Paris denied claims that the two spent a night together and affirmed: "We're just good friends."

During his brief US break, Cristiano was spotted wearing tight shorts, pink shirts and other gear with flower patterns.

The winger tried to defend himself by stating, "Men wear pink these days. Okay, not many wear flowers, but it's good to be different."

Ronaldo, who is in the process of joining Real Madrid from Manchester United for a world record transfer fee, is currently enjoying his vacation in his native Portugal.
:lol::lol:

shane

To buy him will cost £1 billion

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/22257/To_buy_him_will_cost_%C2%A31_billion.aspx

Author: Ben Moss
Posted on: 25 June 2009 - 12:02
Category: Football
Comments: Be the first to comment

While Premier League clubs like Manchester City, Chelsea, and Manchester United among others try to conclude their summer transfer dealings, Cristiano Ronaldo is putting the finishing touches to his bumper contract at Real Madrid, and this morning’s reports indicate there will be a £1 billion release clause written into his deal.

The current world and European player of the year will earn a reputed £500,000 a week after image rights and add-ons, and to protect their star asset, the money men at the Bernabeu have insisted on instilling the vast sum.

Reports in the Daily Telegraph suggest should any club wish to purchase the Portugal international, bids will begin at the £1 billion mark.

Ronaldo is expected to complete his move to Madrid before the end of the month, and judging by the player’s buy-out, the £80 million sum being paid to Manchester United would appear to be a bargain.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
To buy him will cost £1 billion

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/22257/To_buy_him_will_cost_%C2%A31_billion.aspx

Author: Ben Moss
Posted on: 25 June 2009 - 12:02
Category: Football
Comments: Be the first to comment

While Premier League clubs like Manchester City, Chelsea, and Manchester United among others try to conclude their summer transfer dealings, Cristiano Ronaldo is putting the finishing touches to his bumper contract at Real Madrid, and this morning’s reports indicate there will be a £1 billion release clause written into his deal.

The current world and European player of the year will earn a reputed £500,000 a week after image rights and add-ons, and to protect their star asset, the money men at the Bernabeu have insisted on instilling the vast sum.

Reports in the Daily Telegraph suggest should any club wish to purchase the Portugal international, bids will begin at the £1 billion mark.

Ronaldo is expected to complete his move to Madrid before the end of the month, and judging by the player’s buy-out, the £80 million sum being paid to Manchester United would appear to be a bargain.

Thats just a fecking joke.

No player is worth 80 million let alone 1 billion.

Sounds like BS.

Member 5225

Official Site: Ronaldo sale set for completion

Cristiano Ronaldo's departure is all but done and dusted after Real Madrid and Manchester United finalised the agreement for his transfer on Friday evening.

The Portuguese winger was the subject of a world record £80million offer from the Spanish club on Thursday 10 June. He has since been on holiday but a return to work with new employers now beckons, with the sale set to be completed on Wednesday 1 July.

United have made no further comment, other than to confirm the finalisation.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6635217

Doogie

Ronaldo sale set for completion

Cristiano Ronaldo's departure is all but done and dusted after Real Madrid and Manchester United finalised the agreement for his transfer on Friday evening.

The Portuguese winger was the subject of a world record £80million offer from the Spanish club on Thursday 10 June. He has since been on holiday but a return to work with new employers now beckons, with the sale set to be completed on Wednesday 1 July.

United have made no further comment, other than to confirm the finalisation.
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6635217

---

That's that then.

Member 5225

Cristiano Ronaldo will complete his world record £80m move from Manchester United to Real Madrid on 1 July after agreeing a six-year deal.

United, who accepted Real's offer for the 24-year-old winger on 11 June, confirmed the finalisation of the transfer on their club website.

A statement on Real's website read: "The player will be tied to Real Madrid for the next six seasons.

"He will be presented on 6 July at the Santiago Bernabeu."

More to follow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8121951.stm

Dan

I'm glad that this was deal was done fairly early, last thing we would have wanted was a deadline day transfer and no time to spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.