Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybomb

I wouldn't have any of Madrid's cast offs tbh.

Unless we can get James for 35m or something like that.

ti vu

If Madrid want Mbappe then they will get him. People getting ahead of themselves because we beat them for Pogba. Pogba had a connection with the club. Mbappe by the looks of it is a Madrid fan. One of the reasons I think Madrid refused to pay big money for Pogba is because he's a centre midfielder. Perez won't have that hesitation for attackers.
The thing is Real Madrid no longer has it as easy to fund their transfer (often borrow). Ever since FIFA & UEFA got investigated, coincidentally their Galaticos signings stopped. Unless it's a player who has only a year or couple left in his contract, and his club were forced to sell at reasonable price, Real Madrid no longer has the edge in bidding war for world record fee.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
It is a clear leak by Madrid to get the bidding for morata going as they will need to raise funds to buy de gea/hazard/mbappe. I am very sure these are usual tactics of madrid to entice bidding for a player they do not want. It did not work with jamez, but i think conte likes morata and costa may leave so that + arsenal might need a striker. Ibra's injury is a good excuse to link us to an unwanted player.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Actually I think Griezmann can efficiently play in nearly all attacking positions. Yes he's at his best at 9.5 position but he'll be a great 9 as well. He got intelligent movements, headers and clinical finishing.

Morata isn't bad but his record of goal scoring isn't that of a starter tbf. He scored only 12 goals in 47 matches his last season with Juve, including 7 goals only in the league. Unreal.
But do we want a starter or a power sharer with Rashford as a Griezmann scores the most goals...... ? Regardless though I see him replacing Diego Cista at Chelsea next summer.

RedDevil@84

Would Real even trade with us, unless for ridiculous money or De Gea on the table

Fracture90

I was thinking about Morata as a player swap option earlier, if we are selling De Gea to Real Madrid. Morata ticks a lot of boxes for Mourinho, and he has done well for Real this season in limited minutes. With Zlatan likely out of the picture next season, a striker like Morata makes sense as a replacement who can be rotated with Rashford.
Considering that from the reports DDG has no buyout clause, we should squeeze the maximum from Madrid.

Same thing Juventus did when Madrid was asking around for Dybala.

Slap crazy price or few class players we can use.

He can do everything else but score goals. No thanks.
He is more clinical than Benzema actually. 17 goals as a backup striker isn't a bad return at all.

prarek

My biggest criticism of Morata was that he doesn't score many goals. And a striker's main job is to score goals. However this season it seems he's stepped up a notch. He started slow but has been great since around November. He's been their second top scorer only behind Ronaldo despite not being first choice. Without his goals Real Madrid would be in 3rd position right now. So let's see if he has truly stepped up his level or is just a temporary form thing.

Decomposing In Paris

Honestly feel this was probably leaked by Real Madrid. They're a slightly strange club.

"Real Madrid reserve is desperately wanted by all the top teams outside Spain, because he's better than what they've got, and we've got better than him because we're the bestest ever"... is just part of the narrative.

He's a good striker, don't get me wrong... but he won't come cheap, and if we have the chance to sign someone like Griezmann, or Mbappe we need to take it. Lets not sign Morata for £60m and see Real grab one of the other two I mentioned for a fraction more.

wythyred

I really rate him. His goal record isn't brilliant but I think in the right side he will score for fun.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
His goals/minute ratio is the best of all Madrid players this season, he averages almost 1 goal per 90 minutes. Higher average than Suarez and Griezmann, almost on par with Lewandowski.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For me it's not about GPM. How clinical is he under pressure, how often does he convert when the team actually need the goal?

Infra-red

His goals/minute ratio is the best of all Madrid players this season, he averages almost 1 goal per 90 minutes. Higher average than Suarez and Griezmann, almost on par with Lewandowski.
Non-penalty goals per 90 minutes this season:

Messi, Aubameyang, Mbappe, Morata - 1
Suarez - 0.9
Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao, Higuain, Dzeko, Mertens, Belotti - 0.8

(whoscored.com - top 5 European league players with greater than 1000 mins).

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Non-penalty goals per 90 minutes this season:

Messi, Aubameyang, Mbappe, Morata - 1
Suarez - 0.9
Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao, Higuain, Dzeko, Mertens, Belotti - 0.8

(whoscored.com - top 5 European league players with greater than 1000 mins).
Ah, so even better from open play. I don't necessarily expect him to keep up this rate as a starter for a different team, but he should be a reliable scorer.

For me it's not about GPM. How clinical is he under pressure, how often does he convert when the team actually need the goal?
He had several clutch time winners this season (Sporting, Bilbao, Villareal, also finished off the game against Napoli). In the 14/15 CL knockouts he scored in each of the 5 games against Dortmund, Real and Barca (the latter two duels being the semis and the final). I think he has that Real Madrid mentality.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What horrible club to be burdened with their castoffs ehh ?

Aye imagine we got Sneijder and Robben from them. Would have been disastrous for our club. :houllier: :lol:

Nickosaur

I really like him, but at the same time not sure he's the answer. But at a good price, an excellent option.

Inter Yer Nan

I rate him highly. I don't necessarily see him as our main man so to speak but if he's playing with Griezmann (maybe) or fighting it out with Martial or Rashford for a place I'm all for it if he can come at a reasonable price. Has played at massive clubs and played well and I think Mourinho can get the best out of him. A goal a game average is good but not sure how many have been when the games already over as a contest. He does offer a lot more than just goals though.

Red_toad

If Jose is interested brining him to the club, then I'd assume he'll be a good signing. Not sure if he'd be a prolific scorer but he does have a very good all round game.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I like him a lot. He is very competitive. If he plays he will not go unnoticed, for better or for worse. He has a decent control of the ball, very good with the head and fairly fast. This year Zidane has been a bit unfair to him. He should have played more. When he did, he almost always scored.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I hope we keep him and sell Benzema, who has too many games where he adds absolutely nothing.

Blind

If he's trusted as the main number 9 there's no reason why he couldn't reach Kane or Lukaku numbers because he's definitely got the ability.

Inter Yer Nan

Judging by his numbers, overall game and application he has what it takes to be a 1 in 2 striker I believe. When you factor in let's say he plays 30 league games and 15 across other competitions around 20 goals a season that's not bad for a player not yet in his prime. He has scored a few important goals in big games too. When you factor that in and if you get it for, say 4 seasons or so well worth a punt around $50m or so.

Also the more of Dave's international amigos we can attract hopefully can convince him to stay. Or is that wishful thinking?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he's trusted as the main number 9 there's no reason why he couldn't reach Kane or Lukaku numbers because he's definitely got the ability.
Agreed. He's got a lot more goals in him than what he's demonstrated so far imo.

JG3001

Got to agree with others, better options that we need to push for anyway, and the price will be extortionate as Real always try and rip other teams off, even more so the case if we get involved.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Only time I watched him closely was Euro's as I done him top scorer. I think he scored 3 but was utter shit. I believe he even got dropped as the tournament progressed.

zeekey

Any ex-Mourinho player who isn't get a regular game will get linked here this summer.

Wouldn't be against it personally.

(I like that this thread has the textbook comparison to Welbeck, Greizmann discussion etc :lol:).

gaucho_10

I hope we keep him and sell Benzema, who has too many games where he adds absolutely nothing.
Benzema this season, I'm honestly lost for words. Professional footballer just can't be that bad, that slow, that shit.

SER19

A definite no if it were up to me...which of course it isn't.

ovoxo

Morata and Varane for De Gea would be a good deal. Maybe Morata £30 and Varane at £40m? £70m for the best keeper in the world, at the age he is at, isn't too far fetched. Provided we bring in Griezmann, a CM and obviously a De Gea replacement.

I like Morata to be honest, he'd be a good option to rotate with Rashford. We'll have two main strikers who have different skill sets and be used for different games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.