Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

Morata and Varane for De Gea would be a good deal. Maybe Morata £30 and Varane at £40m? £70m for the best keeper in the world, at the age he is at, isn't too far fetched. Provided we bring in Griezmann, a CM and obviously a De Gea replacement.

I like Morata to be honest, he'd be a good option to rotate with Rashford. We'll have two main strikers who have different skill sets and be used for different games.
Weren't Madrid trying to sell Morata for like £60m last summer? I'd take Morata and Varane for De Gea and £20m.

ovoxo

Weren't Madrid trying to sell Morata for like £60m last summer? I'd take Morata and Varane for De Gea and £20m.
Yeah but there weren't any takers. They tried to be too clever by triggering the buy out clause to try and make £30m off him. Instead no one wanted him at £60m.

I do like Morata though, he's a good striker. I do hope we try and get both Varane and Morata for De Gea, we don't need any cash, but instead try to strengthen our squad from the inevitable sale.

beingshe7don

Yeah but there weren't any takers. They tried to be too clever by triggering the buy out clause to try and make £30m off him. Instead no one wanted him at £60m.

I do like Morata though, he's a good striker. I do hope we try and get both Varane and Morata for De Gea, we don't need any cash, but instead try to strengthen our squad from the inevitable sale.
Morata is not half bad as a striker. He's tall and not exactly a pushover. The guy can dribble as well but I have my doubts as to how he would perform when facing teams like West Brom and so on that defend deep in their box. I'm not sure about his hold up play. Maybe someone on the forum can shed some light on that. In all, he's 24 and **keeping fingers crossed** Griezmann coming, we should be well equipped to replace Zlatan and Rooney. However, can some put together a comparison analysis of Belotti, Morata and Lukaku.

Inter Yer Nan

Morata is not half bad as a striker. He's tall and not exactly a pushover. The guy can dribble as well but I have my doubts as to how he would perform when facing teams like West Brom and so on that defend deep in their box. I'm not sure about his hold up play. Maybe someone on the forum can shed some light on that. In all, he's 24 and **keeping fingers crossed** Griezmann coming, we should be well equipped to replace Zlatan and Rooney. However, can some put together a comparison analysis of Belotti, Morata and Lukaku.
Games like that his aerial ability can come in handy. He does have good holdup and linkup play to his game. He's a very well rounded footballer and I think he seems to have the right mentality to make it at United. We could do much worse than Griezmann+Morata as our starting pair.

WANT.

Crashoutcassius

Morata for 40 would be better than throwing 80m at belotti if that's the rumour. Morata doesn't play for madrid, they would surely consider 40 if they were looking to make a big signing this summer. He is young and has played in lots of big games, has a style that mourinho will like, and if paired with Griezmann and Martial / mhiki then it isn't a problem if he doesn't score goals and just plays for the team to create them (although he has scored goals)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He's a good signing for £30m.
We can do much better with £60m or £70m (Lukaku, Aubameyang or even Belotti )
My thoughts exactly.
From what I know of him, he isn't good enough to replace Ibra as our No.9.
We need a top class No.9 who is capable of scoring 20+ league goals per season.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Morata for 40 would be better than throwing 80m at belotti if that's the rumour. Morata doesn't play for madrid, they would surely consider 40 if they were looking to make a big signing this summer. He is young and has played in lots of big games, has a style that mourinho will like, and if paired with Griezmann and Martial / mhiki then it isn't a problem if he doesn't score goals and just plays for the team to create them (although he has scored goals)
I'd be surprised if Real would accept 40m. Sub or not, my guess is that the potential fee will be quite similar to Belotti's or Lukaku's (who won't cost 100m), if he moves at all.

United Pro

Exactly. Oblak would be the only goalkeeper potentially available that wouldn't really be a step down from De Gea. So if we can get him, while also getting replacements for Zlatan and Rooney and other quality additions in CDM and CB, we should be set for a title challenge next season.

Jaybomb

What horrible club to be burdened with their castoffs ehh ?
If they're not good enough for Madrid, they're not good enough for us.

We need to start acting like a big club if we want to be a big club. We can be better than Real Madrid and we can do it without their mercenary cast offs.

The only Madrid players I'd want are the top ones. Not their bench warmers that they'll try and sell for a large fee because "they played for Real Madrid so they must be world class, right?"

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

We need to start acting like a big club if we want to be a big club. We can be better than Real Madrid and we can do it without their mercenary cast offs.

The only Madrid players I'd want are the top ones. Not their bench warmers that they'll try and sell for a large fee because "they played for Real Madrid so they must be world class, right?"
Right. What use could a club like United have for players like Ozil, Eto'o, Robben, Makelele, Higuain, Di Maria, Seedorf, or Cambiasso?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol:

Madrid have let more than a few players go who went on to win big trophies elsewhere.

WhoDaGOAT

Madrid have let more than a few players go who went on to win big trophies elsewhere.
I know, right?

It's not like Cambiasso, Robben, Sneijder, van der Vaart or Higuain went on to do anything after leaving.

Javi

Madrid needs to hold on to him.

Even if they shuffle BBC they will bring in an undroppable galactico so that recruitment for the Nr. 4 spot in attack won't be easy. Promising players want to play, good albeit not worldclass players are more inclined to be the main man at a tier 2 club so that you end up with players like Chicharito or Paco Alcacer and I certainely rate Morata higher than them.

Benzema will be 30 by the end of the season; they must somehow convince Morata that he will be the successor.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Madrid needs to hold on to him.

Even if they shuffle BBC they will bring in an undroppable galactico so that recruitment for the Nr. 4 spot in attack won't be easy. Promising players want to play, good albeit not worldclass players are more inclined to be the main man at a tier 2 club so that you end up with players like Chicharito or Paco Alcacer and I certainely rate Morata higher than them.

Benzema will be 30 by the end of the season; they must somehow convince Morata that he will be the successor.
I get the impression they will sign Mbappe. CR7 is his idol and he will surely want to play alongside him. That will imo free Moratta up for another transfer.

Aza Boy

Just break the bank for ISCO...we dont need Griezman if we have that little man...He is the successor of Iniesta, with additional finishing ability...ISCO for 40 million, I'll take in the heartbeat...Imagine he is giving a through pass to Martial and Rashford, OMG, slurppppp...

Jaybomb

Right. What use could a club like United have for players like Ozil, Eto'o, Robben, Makelele, Higuain, Di Maria, Seedorf, or Cambiasso?
We did just fine without those guys.

And Di Maria didn't work out here. He didnt care about the club or knew what it meant to play for Manchester United. Which exactly proves my point.

Cheekiey

Just break the bank for ISCO...we dont need Griezman if we have that little man...He is the successor of Iniesta, with additional finishing ability...ISCO for 40 million, I'll take in the heartbeat...Imagine he is giving a through pass to Martial and Rashford, OMG, slurppppp...
Griezmann and Isco?

Jaybomb

Like who? Honestly Robben is the only one I can think of. And everything he's won, we went onto win anyway. Same goes for Sneijder.

What did Di Maria, Ozil, Higuain, etc achieve after leaving Madrid? We had Di Maria and he left the first opportunity he got. We wouldn't sign Ozil cause we already have Mata and what use would Higuain be in this system? He would just stall the development of Rashford and Martial.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like my players to actually WANT to play for Manchester United cause they know what the club is about. Like it or not, Robben and Sneijder didn't want to join us so its probably best they didn't. For everyones sake.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I actually think he's pretty good as a front man, brings a lot with his game, he'd make the attack function better as a unit even if he isn't the worlds most natural goalscorer.

If we could get him for a semi-reasonable fee and Greizman I'd be pretty darn happy with our attacking options going into next season.

gaucho_10

If Lukaku is a 100 mil € player, don't know how anyone expects Perez to sell Morata for 40-50 mil €. Whoever wants a Real Madrid player, he'll have to pay up.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
If that happens need a hard working tirelessly DM brother...

Rashford

Griezman Isco Martial

DM (I wish there's a Makalele's reincarnation...)

Left Back CB CB RB
Both Griezmann and Isco have a high workrate defensively. But I don't think Isco will be available this summer.

Tarrou

He's a bit of a Giroud for me, good striker but never really gonna strike fear into the opposition when they see him starting. Compared to say a Rashford who'll give them all sorts of issues with his pace. I think if we get him we'll never be completely satisfied with him as first choice, just like Arsenal and Giroud. He'd be a good squad player but I doubt he'll be happy with that.

cheeky_backheel

He's a bit of a Giroud for me, good striker but never really gonna strike fear into the opposition when they see him starting. Compared to say a Rashford who'll give them all sorts of issues with his pace. I think if we get him we'll never be completely satisfied with him as first choice, just like Arsenal and Giroud. He'd be a good squad player but I doubt he'll be happy with that.
Giroud seriously? This kid has scored more goals than Benzema this season, and behind only CR, all while mostly coming off the bench and a few starts. He has scored in big games and against tough opposition, including Madrid and Bayern. He has a rounded game and can finish both on the ground and in the air. Defensively, he will work his behind off. He is not going to be WPOTY but any defence has to give him due respect.

cheeky_backheel

If Lukaku is a 100 mil € player, don't know how anyone expects Perez to sell Morata for 40-50 mil €. Whoever wants a Real Madrid player, he'll have to pay up.
Not always - Jese was sold for only 25m euros. Morata wants to leave and they will sell him for the best offer they can get. If there is a bidding war the price can be higher than the value.

I suspect perez would use Morata as a bargaining chip to try and secure De Gea or Courtois, as both United and Chelsea are rumored to be interested in him and Perez wants his galactico GK.

Murray3007

we really need a striker who is top notch, hes a bit below that level, takes far to many chances to score,

Infra-red

we really need a striker who is top notch, hes a bit below that level, takes far to many chances to score,
The problem will be finding one, I can't imagine Aubameyang or Lewandowski suddenly becoming available. You can raise legitimate concerns about Morata and Belotti and reasonable people can disagree about their suitability, but to my mind they are the two most archetypal 'Mourinho' strikers actually available.

GM K

:lol: Just missed an absolute sitter.

In the last few weeks, I have seen Aguero, Ronaldo, Messi, Aubameyang, Higuain, Zlatan, Costa, Lewandowski, and Hazard miss absolute sitters.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Bang average striker, especially for the fee he would cost.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Morata is awesome and would most likely rip the league up.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Morata confirmed himself recently that Chelsea tried to sign him for 60m in the Summer but Madrid wouldn't sell. Check out his interview with Sid Lowe - the guy is amazingly honest for a footballer. He talks openly and deeply about struggles with personal issues and how self doubt has impacted him.

The guy is extraordinarily talented and could go on to be a superstar with the right coach to push him.

Status
Not open for further replies.