Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just a reminder that milan haven't signed him, that Laudisa is the only guy who came out with the news that a deal is close, and that he's a journo that mostly covers juventus and is not very reliable when it comes to other clubs

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Glad that he is supposedly going to Milan and not Chelsea.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I hope our relationship with real/barcelona will getting worse. I dont like how they buy ronaldo and we need to protect our best player like pogba/martial/rashford in the future from them.

Still angry how they buy ronaldo
Zidane: Should we buy Pogba?
Perez: Nah, we don't like Manchester United now.

Seriously, I can't figure out the logic behind this

beingshe7don

Milan have splashed so much cash in this window.... it's crazy. Morata is a quality player. We should continue trying for him and send Martial out on loan to a Champions League playing club in a lower league. Morata, Rashford and Lukaku would be a formidable strike force. Unfortunately, this may not happen. God knows, who our No. 10 and No. 7 will be this season?

hobbers

I hope our relationship with real/barcelona will getting worse. I dont like how they buy ronaldo and we need to protect our best player like pogba/martial/rashford in the future from them.

Still angry how they buy ronaldo
The only thing that will stop that is if our players start to look down their noses at Madrid.

Which I think has already happened with De Gea. I reckon he's disgusted with them procrastinating and fecking up the deal by going in at the very last second. They showed him no respect. Which is why there's been no rumblings coming out of De Gea's camp since.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Milan have splashed so much cash in this window.... it's crazy. Morata is a quality player. We should continue trying for him and send Martial out on loan to a Champions League playing club in a lower league. Morata, Rashford and Lukaku would be a formidable strike force. Unfortunately, this may not happen. God knows, who our No. 10 and No. 7 will be this season?
So you would have loan out a winger/IF and buy a #9 who wants to play every week as an out and out striker to play him as a winger/IF. Brilliant logic there!

DevilRed

Im really hoping madrid end up with a feck all fee for morata. In fact I hope they arent able to sell him and he ends up staying. As a bonus maybe he kicks up a fuss.

Dont want them with any cash to chase De Gea.

RDCR07

Im really hoping madrid end up with a feck all fee for morata. In fact I hope they arent able to sell him and he ends up staying. As a bonus maybe he kicks up a fuss.

Dont want them with any cash to chase De Gea.
Honestly if they wanted to pay 80m for DDG, they wouldnt have a problem.

Kapardin

The only thing that will stop that is if our players start to look down their noses at Madrid.

Which I think has already happened with De Gea. I reckon he's disgusted with them procrastinating and fecking up the deal by going in at the very last second. They showed him no respect. Which is why there's been no rumblings coming out of De Gea's camp since.
De Gea still wants to go to Madrid. Its' only the fact that Navas is still soldiering on and Zidane is not one who makes excessive buys when he has sufficient tools to work with, that has prevented him from clamoring for a move. That, and the fact that Mourinho won 2 trophies and has steered us to the CL, which means he is happy to bide his time until Madrid come for him (Navas leaves/Zidane sacked, or whatever).

He's being tactical and pragmatic. Always remains non-committal in his interviews, not ruling out a move to Madrid, but at the same time stating his happiness to be a United player.

Regarding Morata, I would be happy if he didn't sign for a PL rival. I actually think he would become dangerous in Conte's system, and his link-up with Hazard would be terrific. So, better he goes to Milan.

RDCR07

He's being tactical and pragmatic. Always remains non-committal in his interviews, not ruling out a move to Madrid, but at the same time stating his happiness to be a United player.
So you choose to conveniently ignore the fact that he said he wants to be a United legend and play here long term?

Kapardin

So you choose to conveniently ignore the fact that he said he wants to be a United legend and play here long term?
And in his latest interview on the subject:

The future, nobody knows. The future is the future,” De Gea said.

“But I'm very happy here, it's a great club. In England, football is enjoyed a lot."
Clearly non-committal. Compare that to Herrera downplaying Barca's interest. Of course he would be off if Madrid came with a bid.

Which is why I have never felt attached to him like so many of his fans. So long as he's professional about his job, that's ok. But apologies for derailing the Morata thread with De Gea transfer speculations, will not post anymore on this.

RDCR07

And in his latest interview on the subject:

Clearly non-committal. Compare that to Herrera downplaying Barca's interest. Of course he would be off if Madrid came with a bid.

Which is why I have never felt attached to him like so many of his fans. So long as he's professional about his job, that's ok. But apologies for derailing the Morata thread with De Gea transfer speculations, will not post anymore on this.
Oh boo-hoo! Look a United player MIGHT want to play for another club. Off with his head then! Players dont think like fans. So dont create this image in your head that every fecking big player wants and should only play for United.

SATA

I thought Morata himself said he couldn't play for any team in Serie A anymore after his stint with Juventus? Looks like the poor guy has to go back on his word, all because of his current club who screwed him over

beingshe7don

So you would have loan out a winger/IF and buy a #9 who wants to play every week as an out and out striker to play him as a winger/IF. Brilliant logic there!
The logic stems from the fact if we are truly considering working with a 3-5-2 formation, you would need 2 strikers on the field and a third for backup. Morata is a better striker than Martial and we're even getting Perisic to play in left part of midfield which would limit Martial's chances as well. So does that sounds logical to you now?

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Lets see if they actually sell him, Real would need to bring in another forward if they did, surely? and Mbappe seems to prefer another year in Monaco.

RedCurry

60m including add-ons is just about the right price for Morata. Still on the higher side though.

RDCR07

The logic stems from the fact if we are truly considering working with a 3-5-2 formation, you would need 2 strikers on the field and a third for backup. Morata is a better striker than Martial and we're even getting Perisic to play in left part of midfield which would limit Martial's chances as well. So does that sounds logical to you now?
If we are moving to a 3-5-2, clearly we would have bought two strikers cause you need to have at least 4 to make it work. There is no evidence we are moving to that system. Sure we tried it a couple of times but its not a long term solution. Getting Perisic wont limit Martial's chances. You seriously think Perisic is that much better than Martial? The latter is going to have a good season and Perisic if anything is going to be back up to Martial.

beingshe7don

If we are moving to a 3-5-2, clearly we would have bought two strikers cause you need to have at least 4 to make it work. There is no evidence we are moving to that system. Sure we tried it a couple of times but its not a long term solution. Getting Perisic wont limit Martial's chances. You seriously think Perisic is that much better than Martial? The latter is going to have a good season and Perisic if anything is going to be back up to Martial.
I said we are considering working with a 3-5-2 based on the LA Galaxy game. And whose to say that Jose is not in the market for 2 strikers? It's only been 17 days since the transfer window opened. As for Perisic, he may not be as good as Martial if we match skill for skill or talent for talent but it's about being productive in the games and fitting the system when it matters most and that's what Jose sees at the end of the day.
For instance, Lingard and Fellaini featuring in quite a lot of games last season does not make them better than Martial/ Depay and Schweinsteger/ Schneiderlin respectively. If Martial was doing what Jose wanted him to on a consistent basis, Perisic wouldn't need to be bought. Just saying.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Real don't need to sell unless Milan offer acceptable money. Benzema isn't getting younger.

AshRK

Bet he will go for less money to Chelsea than what perez wanted. Sad. I thought we could with both lukaku and morata. Was I too selfish?

But anyways if he ends up at Chelsea then we better not sell de gea to them.

Devil may care

If Chelsea get him it would rub salt into the wounds, I was hoping he's stay at Real Madrid or go to Milan.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Personally would've preferred Belotti if we're planning on playing a lone striker.

Z_Wolf

Marca recently updated what Madrid want for him from €90m to €65m-€70m, so it's safe to say Chelsea will get him for less than what United had offered. Really hope Chelsea don't get him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good signing for Chelsea. Will be interesting what would be the transfer fee.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Really suits them tbh, all three available strikers(lacazette, morata, lukaku) fit perfectly with their team's style of play. It will be an exciting season with no misfits.

gr3yham3

Marca recently updated what Madrid want for him from €90m to €65m-€70m, so it's safe to say Chelsea will get him for less than what United had offered. Really hope Chelsea don't get him.
If it is really so, Real have offered that price to both Milan and Chelsea apparently. It will be wishful thinking, but I would rather pay 70m for him than 50m for Perisic. Think the 2 up top, either in a 352 or 4132, is the way to go in the future.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So were we. 'Done in the next 48 hours' for about two weeks.

When I see him wearing a Chelsea shirt I'll believe it.
It was the Spanish press tbh, morata returning from honeymoon early, dying his hair red, agent meeting perez umpteenth time to tell them that he wants to leave and all bla bla. When Dimarzio comes out like this, generally it means it will go through.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good for them. We still got the goalscorer.
We don't know that yet. He hasn't played in the CL, Morata has for two top clubs. Lukaku is going to have to produce there. If we go out in the group stages we will look right mugs. Morata will have great players round him, I still think we need more quality in our team, otherwise we will just be the same team with someone who can score against the little teams, but without Ibra for the goals in the big games. Rashford and Mhki have looked good, still not entirely sure about Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.