Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeky_backheel

This would be like doing a favour to Athletico Madrid and Costsa. I would be happy with such a deal only if they agree to sell Griezmann to us in January.
I am interested in what is best for United, Costa and/or Atletico gaining or losing along the way is a lesser concern

crackers0seven

Serious lack of options for us when it comes to buying striker. All of them over priced and gambles. Lukaku seems the most solid purchase as he's premiership proven. But he seems London bound. I hope I'm wrong but I feel if we buy Morata for Big money that in six months time the caf will be complaining about how we were robbed and that he's not good enough. I miss the days when 20 plus million got you a RVN,RVP or even a Tevez

el3mel

He was fine with Mourinho for 1 season and he wasnt the only player that screwed up in Mourinho's last season. Costa also wasnt at Leceister when a similar scenario went down. To me those are simply a reflection of the board giving too much power to players. If player knew they would be sold (or relegated to the reserves) and not the manager being fired, they wouldnt act out as much. Clubs like Madrid and Chelsea are orime examples.'

I really dont see the damage that Costa could do within a 6 months loan that would outweigh the potential contribution of a striker of his quality.
He had a fine season with Jose but that's what he did for this season as well. Started it brilliantly and scored lot's of goals, Jan came with that Chinese offer and then he had a quarrel with Conte and after he became terrible for the rest of the season with his number of goals scored massively dropped. He wasn't the only one who screwed up Mourinho's last season, but he's actually the only one and the first to turn on Conte as well once things didn't go his way. Since he did it twice, I can't really trust him to be that faithful here. You said that was the problem of the board giving too much power for players, but if he's used to that atmosphere at Chelsea I doubt he'll withstand being in United where the manager is everything.

Marzo

Morata, Morata, what's the matter?
Should he stay?
Or should he go?
Man United have to pay......
It's the only way......
Red Cafe would rather buy hay....
But hey, transfer window doesn't end in June?
Look out your window, let's buy the Moon!
One small step for man, one giant leap for Manchester....
Oh, no Antoine , it doesn't matter,we will sign Morata....
Woody's money really doesn't matter.
Moody muppets is really what matters.

Sorry, I'm really bored.

prtk0811

What has Costa done that is so horrible? Dont remember any reports of him strangling a newborn child.

Look at Suarez, for all his issues at Liverpool, he has been "mary poppins" at Barca.

Costa has his issues but I am willing to bear it for 6 months in which he is not first choice and probably eager for an opportunity to stick a fork in Conte.

I just want to see the look on Conte's face when Costa scores a winner against Chelsea or sends them packing out of CL for Atletico
To stick a fork in conte, with mourinho in charge of him?

cheeky_backheel

He had a fine season with Jose but that's what he did for this season as well. Started it brilliantly and scored lot's of goals, Jan came with that Chinese offer and then he had a quarrel with Conte and after he became terrible for the rest of the season with his number of goals scored massively dropped. He wasn't the only one who screwed up Mourinho's last season, but he's actually the only one and the first to turn on Conte as well once things didn't go his way. Since he did it twice, I can't really trust him to be that faithful here. You said that was the problem of the board giving too much power for players, but if he's used to that atmosphere at Chelsea I doubt he'll withstand being in United where the manager is everything.
His version is that Chelsea wanted to sell him to China against his wish. If that is true, I have no problem with him being upset.

SirScholes

:lol: True, but there's multiple ways to save money. If Ibra and Rooney leave this summer as expected, that's probably close to 700k a week saved in wages (36m a year).

Edit: There's also the sales of Depay, Schneiderlin, and Schweinsteiger in January.

Edit 2: I meant 600k, which is around 31m a year.
I don't disagree, I'm hardly an old school footy fan but I find it hard to justify the prices going these days for players who aren't even at the top of their game or shown zero consistency.

but, this is why I' going to stop giving a F***

cheeky_backheel

If that what he wants, why did his form drop after he stayed at the club as he wished ?
Should he have still been working his arse off for them after they tried to sell him off to China after all he had done for them in the first half of the season. Still, he contributed his fair share of goals even after the China saga. Even against United, he was still their most threatening player.

prtk0811

Should he have still been working his arse off for them after they tried to sell him off to China after all he had done for them in the first half of the season. Still, he contributed his fair share of goals even after the China saga. Even against United, he was still their most threatening player.
Defending Costa? That's a new low.

el3mel

But what he wanted happened at the end he didn't get sold. I can't link this with the quarrel that happened between him and Conte at this time :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-China-manager-Antonio-Conte-furious-row.html

cheeky_backheel

But what he wanted happened at the end he didn't get sold. I can't link this with the quarrel that happened between him and Conte at this time :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-China-manager-Antonio-Conte-furious-row.html
The link is that Chelsea and Conte have not been saints in the entire saga.

If Conte was willing to let Costa go to China in January, then it was not the text exchange that led to him no longer being in Conte's plan. That decision was likely made very early in Conte's tenure by all indications, and they were just looking for the right opportunity and timing to offload him.

el3mel

The link is that Chelsea and Conte have not been saints in the entire saga.

If Conte was willing to let Costa go to China in January, then it was not the text exchange that led to him no longer being in Conte's plan. That decision was likely made very early in Conte's tenure by all indications, and they were just looking for the right opportunity and timing to offload him.
That's what I agree on with. Conte hasn't been a saint either and actually the way he sent him a message like this was a terrible idea, but it won't excuse Costa, though, as it's the second time for him to fell with a manager.

I think Conte was fine with him till that Jan and then he decided to withstand him till the end of the season as no better striker was available to hold the team, and once the summer came he immediately sent him the message. They fell with each other at half of the season I believe.

ChaddyP

So is this happening. Havent been paying much attention to this thread. Im excited if hes coming

Mr PG

So is this happening. Havent been paying much attention to this thread. Im excited if hes coming
We should do loan deal. Suits both clubs and the player whom I'm sure doesn't want to leave Madrid for good.

Klopp_De_Klown

We should do loan deal. Suits both clubs and the player whom I'm sure doesn't want to leave Madrid for good.
His desire to play far outweighs his longing to stay in Madrid. Who you may remember, Real want to pay €400M on a one hit wonder. Tell me, as he does not play this season against 2 auld fellas ahead of him and the new kid on the block Asensio also now ahead of him. So what happens when Mbappe comes?

Even as expected Benzema maybe leaves, he is still third choice at best and most likely 4th choice once Mbappe arrives.

Why would he stay just because its Madrid?

manutddjw

He is a good player but that price is ridiculous. I'm aware it's the going rate, but he doesn't seem to want to leave Madrid which makes the transfer a huge risk. This has shades of the Fabregas saga where they threaten to leave just to get more game time.

Jaybomb

They offer 60m for the worlds best goalkeeper and now they're demanding 80m for their backup striker. Am I the only one that finds this insulting?

I don't think we should do business with them. I am open to Rodriguez joining if he really wants to force a move to us but that's about it.

There's better strikers than Morata for that price. What is Lukaku, Cavani, Lacazette worth? Those guys would suit us more. Morata is just gonna be sulking that Madrid got rid of him. He's not a United player.

Pace Abuser

I fully trust Jose to buy players who will aspire to play with heart and he will ascertain this before sanctioning a transfer.

Morata might want to stay at Madrid, but if push comes to shove, I don't think he'll be sulking for the next 10 years. I admire his ambition, but once he's booted out, that's that. He'll get over it. He's made for Jose.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
I don't want Costa at all, one of the few points I disagree on you with I think, with Perisic. :D Because I agree completely on your view of Morata and James.
This is a joke right? I can't think of any Manchester United fan that would be ok with Diego Costa (and his flopping) being in a United kit. He should go to Barcelona and play with the other front line floppers.

Hell, I don't like Lukaku as a striker and I'd much rather have him than Diego Costa.

cheeky_backheel

This is a joke right? I can't think of any Manchester United fan that would be ok with Diego Costa (and his flopping) being in a United kit. He should go to Barcelona and play with the other front line floppers.

Hell, I don't like Lukaku as a striker and I'd much rather have him than Diego Costa.
So what should we do with Rashford after his dive?

cheeky_backheel

You think ManUtd fans don't like Costa because he dives?
I just dont see the relevance of tagging a player or team for flopping when it has (sadly) become so prevalent in the game even at the youth ranks. Players dive at Chelsea, Barcelona, United and probably every other club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I just dont see the relevance of tagging a player or team for flopping when it has (sadly) become so prevalent in the game even at the youth ranks. Players dive at Chelsea, Barcelona, United and probably every other club.
It's not just diving with Costa.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think Morata will do the business. I've never seen him being amazing but he never plays badly and i really think he'll be quite prolific as he gets older. A front four of Morata, Rashford, Costa, and Martial would be a massive step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.