Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snafu17

How do they have the nerve to call themselves journalist after "writing" that kind of rubbish.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Andy Mittens latest piece seems to suggest he thinks Morata is just using United to try to guarantee more minutes at Madrid

I know not everyone here is mad about Mitten, but he does have sources in England and Spain
All these denials about us not actually being interested in player X you wonder if we actually want to sign anyone

That's assuming you believe any of it

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Morata is the reason Real haven't been in the last 4 Champions League finals. Must remember that.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
As a journalism student, I honestly cannot fecking believe that article got published online by the Express:lol: The depths journalism has fallen to! Any jobs going there at the Express? I've got a great idea for an article plagiarizing some product reviews on Amazon!

In terms of this transfer, who knows what's really going on... If he wants to better himself he needs consistent playing time and God knows he's not going to get that at Real Madrid, that club is more political than the House of Commons...

Just bloody dying for a signing at this stage, any signing.

Cliche Guevara

I love The Express newspaper - it's my favourite ever newspaper!

I also love Nando's, iPhone 6s, BMWs and Mila Kunis.

(You never know)

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I thought that instagram post was gonna drive up muppetry, but looks like it isnt the real deal. Come on football gods, wet our transfer farms with muppet juices.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Not me for sure! That's nuts!!! :lol: Transfer time is crazy normally but this is a new level. They've just trawled the forum quoting an entire meaningless conversation we had earlier! I wish they'd quoted me on something I had a clue about!
They searched for hours but couldn't find anything.

SirScholes

I have given up caring about transfer fees now, I just don't understand them anymore so its easier this way. 50m for James who isn't played much, real wanted 70m for morata haha a back up striker? 87m for belotti who isn't exactly a worldie and over 100m for an 18yr olds first season!
I get they are decent players but they really aren't worth going close to the world record fee for, so feck it, woody do what you want I just hope our finances are sustainable

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Nope. But Bayern bought Robben a while back...
Robben never done the third (Real reserves, Juventus reserves, Real reserves). Morata is itching to try our bench too

joking but 70m for a reserve is crazy

Last edited:

Mike09

He didn't even play 40 minutes and he scored tbh..
Yes I know that but I expected a better overall play against Colombia if we need to spend 60m + on a player. If he's just 30m then I am happy with what he can offer (goals). But playing for a club with high expectation require more than just goals that's why we are willing to spend massive amount of money on Griezmann and I hope Morata's performance vs Colombia isn't his usual performance.

Mike09

Just watch Belotti's game against Uruguay and compare them both. Atleast Morata had a few good moments in the game. Belotti didn't even make a single pass. If we miss out on Morata, we will probably try to sign Belotti only.

Belotti is definitely not someone that I want us to spend money on.

Mike09

I haven't seen the Colombia match, but he's overall play isn't poor. He might have had an off day especially coming on as a sub in a meaningless game but his general play is normally very good.
I will trust you on this one. May be because he didn't play full 90 mins. I hope his overall play is better than what he showed against Colombia, otherwise 60m for someone who only good for scoring goals will indicate that Real just robbed our money.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Daily Express have managed to sink to a new low in the quality of their writing, which is impressive to be honest, I didn't think it was possible.

Hojoon

I have given up caring about transfer fees now, I just don't understand them anymore so its easier this way. 50m for James who isn't played much, real wanted 70m for morata haha a back up striker? 87m for belotti who isn't exactly a worldie and over 100m for an 18yr olds first season!
I get they are decent players but they really aren't worth going close to the world record fee for, so feck it, woody do what you want I just hope our finances are sustainable
The fees can sound ridiculous but I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that they're generally paid over the length of the contract instead of one lump sum immediately. The difference between paying 50m and 70m is only 4-5m more per year, which isn't even 1% of the club's revenue for the season.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not feeling too confident on this one for a couple of reasons. Firstly I can't see us going anywhere near €80m that they want and they won't come down too far, if at all, I don't think.

Secondly, I get the impression they think they'll get Mbappe but from what I've read that looks very unlikely. They won't leave themselves with one striker.

Noc-Z

ffs
As a journalism student, I honestly cannot fecking believe that article got published online by the Express:lol: The depths journalism has fallen to! Any jobs going there at the Express? I've got a great idea for an article plagiarizing some product reviews on Amazon!

In terms of this transfer, who knows what's really going on... If he wants to better himself he needs consistent playing time and God knows he's not going to get that at Real Madrid, that club is more political than the House of Commons...

Just bloody dying for a signing at this stage, any signing.
I know it's crazy. It was basically just thinking out loud on a forum and the Express have cut and pasted!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone that signed up a while after that article went up probably read Express. Therefore they're wankers.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

AdNani

Rooney, Martial and Rashford have not been played as first choice strikers.

The only comparison is between Morata and Ibra...Ibra is obviously better since he was our 2nd highest chance creator before he got injured while also getting lots of goals.

We will probably have to sign two players to match his contribution to the team.
James and Morata :devil:

Inter Yer Nan

Rooney, Martial and Rashford have not been played as first choice strikers.

The only comparison is between Morata and Ibra...Ibra is obviously better since he was our 2nd highest chance creator before he got injured while also getting lots of goals.

We will probably have to sign two players to match his contribution to the team.
Or simply get more out of Rashford, Martial etc;

SirScholes

The fees can sound ridiculous but I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that they're generally paid over the length of the contract instead of one lump sum immediately. The difference between paying 50m and 70m is only 4-5m more per year, which isn't even 1% of the club's revenue for the season.
Yer but if that's done for every signing then it soon adds up, just ask my credit card bill

cheeky_backheel

I believe they may think of him if they sell Batshuayi as well as Costa, otherwise no.
Morata is not going to Chelsea with Lukaku seemingly heading there as well. He would rather sit on the bench at Madrid than have to fight for a starting spot at another club.

On the other hand, I dont mind buying Morata and having Costa on loan till January.

el3mel

Morata is not going to Chelsea with Lukaku seemingly heading there as well. He would rather sit on the bench at Madrid than have to fight for a starting spot at another club.

On the other hand, I dont mind buying Morata and having Costa on loan till January.
I don't want Costa at all, one of the few points I disagree on you with I think, with Perisic. :D Because I agree completely on your view of Morata and James.

prtk0811

Costa does not deserve to wear united shirt even for 6 months.

AndyJ1985

Yer but if that's done for every signing then it soon adds up, just ask my credit card bill
But your revenues aren't over half a billion. We can easily afford Morata. The sales of Depay and Schneiderlin alone will cover 2/3 of the fee. Not renewing Zlatans contract will cover his wages twice over. £60m sounds a lot but spread over 4 or 5 years it's feck all to us.

Hojoon

:lol: True, but there's multiple ways to save money. If Ibra and Rooney leave this summer as expected, that's probably close to 700k a week saved in wages (36m a year).

Edit: There's also the sales of Depay, Schneiderlin, and Schweinsteiger in January.

Edit 2: I meant 600k, which is around 31m a year.

Last edited:

cheeky_backheel

I don't want Costa at all, one of the few points I disagree on you with I think, with Perisic. :D Because I agree completely on your view of Morata and James.
Costa does not deserve to wear united shirt even for 6 months.
What has Costa done that is so horrible? Dont remember any reports of him strangling a newborn child.

Look at Suarez, for all his issues at Liverpool, he has been "mary poppins" at Barca.

Costa has his issues but I am willing to bear it for 6 months in which he is not first choice and probably eager for an opportunity to stick a fork in Conte.

I just want to see the look on Conte's face when Costa scores a winner against Chelsea or sends them packing out of CL for Atletico

el3mel

What has Costa done that is so horrible? Dont remember any reports of him strangling a newborn child.

Look at Suarez, for all his issues at Liverpool, he has been "mary poppins" at Barca.

Costa has his issues but I am willing to bear it for 6 months in which he is not first choice and probably eager for an opportunity to stick a fork in Conte.

I just want to see the look on Conte's face when Costa scores a winner against Chelsea or sends them packing out of CL for Atletico
Costa has turned on 2 managers in 2 seasons already. Once things don't go his way, or a shiny new offer comes from other club, his performance drops immediately and his problems with the manager arise. He already said his relationship with Conte wasn't a good one, and our manager was his manager last season as well when Costa was one of the worst players in this season. He starts this season very good till China offers and his problem with Conte happened, then his performance became terrible. He's THAT kind of player.

Suarez is completely different because he always gives 100% for his teams no matter what and all his issues are ethical or outside the pitch. He never turned on a manager as Costa did, and he did it twice.

AgentP

This would be like doing a favour to Athletico Madrid and Costsa. I would be happy with such a deal only if they agree to sell Griezmann to us in January.

cheeky_backheel

Costa has turned on 2 managers in 2 seasons already. Once things don't go his way, or a shiny new offer comes from other club, his performance drops immediately and his problems with the manager arise. He already said his relationship with Conte wasn't a good one, and our manager was his manager last season as well when Costa was one of the worst players in this season. He starts this season very good till China offers and his problem with Conte happened, then his performance became terrible. He's THAT kind of player.

Suarez is completely different because he always gives 100% for his teams no matter what and all his issues are ethical or outside the pitch. He never turned on a manager as Costa did, and he did it twice.
He was fine with Mourinho for 1 season and he wasnt the only player that screwed up in Mourinho's last season. Costa also wasnt at Leceister when a similar scenario went down. To me those are simply a reflection of the board giving too much power to players. If player knew they would be sold (or relegated to the reserves) and not the manager being fired, they wouldnt act out as much. Clubs like Madrid and Chelsea are orime examples.'

I really dont see the damage that Costa could do within a 6 months loan that would outweigh the potential contribution of a striker of his quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.