Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

It's a done deal again? Nice. I eagerly await tomorrows news that we've offered €70m and Real want €80-90m

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't want to derail this thread too much, but people would really prefer Isco to 4 years younger Delli Alli who just had a season where he scored 18 goals and had 7 assists in the league alone? Well, like I said, each to their own really.
I admit that I haven't seen much of Delli Alli but I'd love to see a comparison of their stats per minute played. (not only goals & assists)

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
I admit that I haven't seen much of Delli Alli but I'd love to see a comparison of their stats per minute played. (not only goals & assists)
Why is the character size going full retard sometimes when posting from my phone like in that post? Anyone know?

Dave46

This thread is so full of overhyping of Real Madrid's squad.

Surely players like DDG, Courtois, Diego Costa, Sanchez, Hazard, Kante, Valencia, Harry Kane, Vertonghen, Walker could somehow sneak into their starting lineup. At the same time their starting players like Assensio/Carvajal, Isco, Keylor Navas, Benzema, Pepe, Varane would struggle to find a starting berth at Spurs. So what?
Yes, too much Real love here.

RedCurry

I find that the per 90 stat isn't really useful unless a player has played a good number of minutes for the team(about 2500) which Isco hasn't from what I know.

Andersons Dietician

I don't want to derail this thread too much, but people would really prefer Isco to 4 years younger Delli Alli who just had a season where he scored 18 goals and had 7 assists in the league alone? Well, like I said, each to their own really.
It would be a tough call but Isco at the back end of the season was the best player in the world. He was incredible.

MarkC

Think this will be a good signing that will work out well. Assume this is what Mourinho meant by realistic attainable signings rather than going after unrealistic targets. A lot of people are turning their nose up at him but I remember a few years back when Robben, Sneijder etc left Real and there was mixed opinion on going for Real Madrid rejects. Worked out pretty well for the clubs that got one iirc Mourinho took Sneijder to Inter and won the CL with him.

Also one for the muppets a private plane flew into Manchester at about 15.30 from Ibiza. Believe Rooney is out there as well so could be him but not a usual business destination.

Z_Wolf

There isn't a single player (bar De Gea and Courtois) in the PL that would displace any Madrid player. Madrid B team would easily finish in the top 2 in the PL.

Dave46

There isn't a single player (bar De Gea and Courtois) in the PL that would displace any Madrid player. Madrid B team would easily finish in the top 2 in the PL.
Bullshit for your last sentence.

BigCaine

Kane, Aguero, Zlatan and even Lukaku are much better than Benzema, Matic, Kante, Dembele are better than Casemiro, If you have to pick between two of Pogba, Modric and Kroos, it won't be Pogba who would be benched, Both spurs cb's are better than varane. They are a great team but you are way overrating them.

beingshe7don

I'm gonna be optimistic and assume that Morata is a done deal. Should we also go for Lacazette? He would cost us 40m max. With Morata/ Rashford/ Lacazette/ Martial/ Mhikitaryan as options, we shouldn't be struggling to score goals. PS: Would also help to snatch him off Arsenal.

Kidders

I'm gonna be optimistic and assume that Morata is a done deal. Should we also go for Lacazette? He would cost us 40m max. With Morata/ Rashford/ Lacazette/ Martial/ Mhikitaryan as options, we shouldn't be struggling to score goals. PS: Would also help to snatch him off Arsenal.
Even with Morata I think we need another forward/striker, Lacazette? Why not ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which specific part of my comments did you exactly get wound up by? ;)
I'm not wound up, just amused. In theory it's fairly simple and straightforward to find PL players that could/would be in Madrid's XI but you somehow managed to make it funny by mentioning players who were clearly inferior.

The non exhaustive answer is Courtois and De Gea for the goalkeepers not Lloris because of his kicking game and for the midfielders Kanté, Fernandinho, maybe Herrera because they are mobile and defensively good enough to compete with Casemiro.
The rest of the league have no chance because they would have to compete with arguably the best players in their positions Carvajal, Marcelo, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema*, Ramos, Varane, Modric, Kroos.

* For example Benzema in CL scored 51 goals in 95 games, you are not going to take his spot easily.

vodrake

40m max? Arsenal have supposedly already bid 45m + extras, and lyon want to hold out for close to 57m which they supposedly had agreed with athletico before the transfer ban

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yes, too much Real love here.
There isn't much love for Real here I think. That is telling how good they are.

Would take only De Gea and someone already mentioned Bailly over Varane. And that last one is more subjective maybe. Kane would get some starts also.

They are just ridiculously good at this moment, feck'em!

Edit: seen JPRouve post, Herrera over Casemiro.

RedCurry

I'm not wound up, just amused. In theory it's fairly simple and straightforward to find PL players that could/would be in Madrid's XI but you somehow managed to make it funny by mentioning players who were clearly inferior.

The non exhaustive answer is Courtois and De Gea for the goalkeepers not Lloris because of his kicking game and for the midfielders Kanté, Fernandinho, maybe Herrera because they are mobile and defensively good enough to compete with Casemiro.
The rest of the league have no chance because they would have to compete with arguably the best players in their positions Carvajal, Marcelo, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema*, Ramos, Varane, Modric, Kroos.

* For example Benzema in CL scored 51 goals in 95 games, you are not going to take his spot easily.
Jan Vertonghen is better than Varane at just about everything. I'd squawka it for you if I actually believed in football stats.

Alli vs Isco is debatable but former has scored 18 goals in the league for Spurs at the age of 21 so at least it's definitely worth a debate so I don't see how that is funny/WUMish or whatever.

If both Benzema and Kane were available on free transfer today, who'd you go for?

Remember I wasn't disagreeing with 'players can't walk into Real's team'. No manager in their right mind would want to screw with the winning formula. I was just ridiculing the fact that people actually keep bringing that up as if it matters.

Revan

Assumptionman
Vertonghen for Varane IMO. De Gea, Courtuis and probably Lloris for Navas. Maybe Hazard for Bale/Isco. And that pretty much is it.

JPRouve

Scout
Jan Vertonghen is better than Varane at just about everything. I'd squawka it for you if I actually believed in football stats.

Alli vs Isco is debatable but former has scored 18 goals in the league for Spurs at the age of 21 so at least it's definitely worth a debate so I don't see how that is funny/WUMish or whatever.

If both Benzema and Kane were available on free transfer today, who'd you go for?

Remember I wasn't disagreeing with 'players can't walk into Real's team'. No manager in their right mind would want to screw with the winning formula. I was just ridiculing the fact that people actually keep bringing that up as if it matters.
Isco isn't a starter though, Bale was injured. And Today, I would take Kane for free because he is younger and I would buy Benzema to start ahead of Kane.

Revan

Assumptionman

Isco vs Alli isn't a debate. Isco is so much better. He is an Iniesta type of player who makes things tick without scoring much. And to be fair, he isn't even a starter when Bale is fit.

Kane is better than Benzema but Benzema suits Ronaldo so much and his all round game is better than Kane's. Kane cannot play as good that role.

pacifictheme

Kane, Aguero, Zlatan and even Lukaku are much better than Benzema, Matic, Kante, Dembele are better than Casemiro, If you have to pick between two of Pogba, Modric and Kroos, it won't be Pogba who would be benched, Both spurs cb's are better than varane. They are a great team but you are way overrating them.
I would take benzema over zlatan.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
I find that the per 90 stat isn't really useful unless a player has played a good number of minutes for the team(about 2500) which Isco hasn't from what I know.
But surely it's more accurate than the total number when both players haven't played the same amount of time?

JPRouve

Scout
Isco vs Alli isn't a debate. Isco is so much better. He is an Iniesta type of player who makes things tick without scoring much. And to be fair, he isn't even a starter when Bale is fit.

Kane is better than Benzema but Benzema suits Ronaldo so much and his all round game is better than Kane's. Kane cannot play as good that role.
That comparison is interesting because while I like Kane a lot, Benzema is a far better goalscorer on the big stage and his all round game is also far superior.. Kane's stats in the PL are great but can it really be that significant when he fails to translate it to CL and International football?

RedCurry

Isco isn't a starter though, Bale was injured. And Today, I would take Kane for free because he is younger and I would buy Benzema to start ahead of Kane.
To be honest, you can't blame me for considering Isco as a starter ahead of Bale when Isco actually played more league minutes than Bale. Alli would look a whole lot better compared to Bale than Isco if last season is anything to go by.

Benzema might have an edge over Kane in terms of his linking up ability but overall Kane is just a better striker and a lot younger. For me, it wouldn't be even a debate about which one of the two I would want at United.
Goals in football are irreplaceable though. So yea it is in fact debatable.

Revan

Assumptionman
That comparison is interesting because while I like Kane a lot, Benzema is a far better goalscorer on the big stage and his all round game is also far superior.. Kane's stats in the PL are great but can it really be that significant when he fails to translate it to CL and International football?
To be fair, he played like 6 games in UCL and while he flopped, it is a small sample. For England, it doesn't count. Better players than him like Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes looked shit there.

I think that Kane is a better player and would choose him for United, but Benzema suits Real so much more. He does the dirty job for Ronaldo and has a good relationship with him in the pitch. Kane's all round game is nowhere as good and I doubt that he could fit with Ronaldo that well.

RedCurry

But surely it's more accurate than the total number when both players haven't played the same amount of time?
It gets exponentially harder to maintain those numbers over time though. It's not scalable as people would think. But I checked and Isco's numbers are indeed better than Alli's on per 90 minute basis. Also by the same metric, Kane's numbers are better than Ronaldo's although you and I both know that Ronaldo is the best player in the world and no stats are going to change that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely this is the worst prediction anyone's ever had on the Caf.

JPRouve

Scout
To be fair, he played like 6 games in UCL and while he flopped, it is a small sample. For England, it doesn't count. Better players than him like Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes looked shit there.

I think that Kane is a better player and would choose him for United, but Benzema suits Real so much more. He does the dirty job for Ronaldo and has a good relationship with him in the pitch. Kane's all round game is nowhere as good and I doubt that he could fit with Ronaldo that well.
I can give you that but I think that Benzema's stats in CL are telling. He is the 7th all time goalscorer tied with Henry and he is 29, people grossly underrate Benzema.

RedCurry

Were Gerrard and Lampard better players than Zidane and Iniesta? They scored so much more.
No but Alli may go on to be better than both Gerrard and Lampard while Isco will never reach Iniesta and Zidane level. So let's not compare apples and oranges. Anyway, I've hijacked this thread enough.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Kane because he's younger and worth more, but that doesn't make him a better player.

Neymar is also worth more than Messi due to his age, but that doesn't make him the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.