Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

POF

I don't know. Nothing says "big club" like having a player of ADM's quality on your books and binning him off for half his value. Big clubs over-pay for players from small clubs, while discarding them for less than they are worth.
That's just United. Real got over £100m for Ozil and Di Maria, both of whom were unwanted. Chelsea also get big money for their cast offs.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Angel Di Maria, one of the best players in the world has been let go after one fecking season. Just let that sink in. I honestly thought he'd at least stay another season.

We also better have somebody lined up. I'm not sure that Pedro is the answer.
Mentally the burglary thing affected him quite a lot and when sportspeople are done mentally they are not much chop.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Louis knows exactly where he is and has been since day one. The smear PR campaign is cheap, tacky and tasteless. Any fans that believe that are naive at best. There are other ways to save face in the media and disguise a transfer - this was a very poor and shameful approach quite frankly.

Selling a player who has the attributes we need is infuriating - pace, creativity, versatility and left footed to boot.

Now moving on from my first bit of negativity toward LVG and getting over my bitterness of this - £44.2m is decent, Chelsea would have got better I feel. Pedro, if he comes will be a welcome replacement but I'd still like a proper striker - Benzema, Cavani etc as Rooney is capable but can be bettered.
:lol: yea, none of this is Di Marias fault.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Angel Di Maria, one of the best players in the world has been let go after one fecking season. Just let that sink in. I honestly thought he'd at least stay another season.

We also better have somebody lined up. I'm not sure that Pedro is the answer.
It's Di Maria's fault, 100%. He played like crap last season and I was all for him staying for another season but he obviously wanted to leave. So feck him.

It stinks but nothing can be done except signing a new no.7 to replace him.

pauldyson1uk

Louis knows exactly where he is and has been since day one. The smear PR campaign is cheap, tacky and tasteless. Any fans that believe that are naive at best. There are other ways to save face in the media and disguise a transfer - this was a very poor and shameful approach quite frankly.

Selling a player who has the attributes we need is infuriating - pace, creativity, versatility and left footed to boot.

Now moving on from my first bit of negativity toward LVG and getting over my bitterness of this - £44.2m is decent, Chelsea would have got better I feel. Pedro, if he comes will be a welcome replacement but I'd still like a proper striker - Benzema, Cavani etc as Rooney is capable but can be bettered.
Have you prove of this or just your thoughts?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wait, so first LVG would namedrop him, get him, play him and then a year later do all the black-PR shit just to sell him at a loss?

Yea, that makes perfect sense. Poor ADM. Bet it was Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal himself who robbed his house and then he sent him a wrong plane ticket so he can later claim that he doesn't know where di Maria is.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don't understand why he has gone awol - it doesn't make sense to me that he is angling for a move as the club seem to be willing to sell him and our pursuit of Pedro supports this as well. All he is doing is pissing off United and driving the price down.

is there a possibility that it is United driving the sale and that ADM is pissed off at being offered to clubs?

at the start of the Summer Di Maria himself said he was disappointed in his performances and wanted to fight for his place. Just a thought - either way the guy is a prick for behaving in this manner, massively disrespectful even ignoring the huge wages he's picked up in return for his shite performances

hopefully this is resolved soon
I think you have a point. If he wants to leave, then you'd look back to how LvG has always spoke about letting players go if they're not committed to the cause and how he wouldn't force unhappy players to stay. In which case, if ADM asked to leave, we wouldn't be so bitter about it, and LvG wouldn't address the AWOL questions in the manner that he has. Moreover, di Maria would have no excuse to skip pre-season, he's still employed by MUFC, after all.

I've always felt that we don't want him here and that we're trying to rid a player, who LvG believes doesn't fit into his plans. Maybe we are pushing him out. It would make sense, too. We have a club willing to pay a lot of money for a player deemed surplus to requirements, to which the player has responded by striking.

If he wants out, and we're willing to let him go, then why strike?

“I’m always like that. When you see my history – that’s part of my philosophy. A player is not just a man who kicks the ball from A to B. Also, his environment is influencing him."

“So, I shall always be open for that conversation but I know also the commercial interests of the club and we have to respect that. You cannot give a lot of money for a player and then next season put him out of your selection."

Revan

Assumptionman
That's just United. Real got over £100m for Ozil and Di Maria, both of whom were unwanted. Chelsea also get big money for their cast offs.
The difference is that Madrid sold them when they were actually quite good (were performing great). United has a history of not selling playerswhen they are good, but try desperately to make them play better (next season for Anderson). If we don't sell AdM now and he performs next season as bad as in the last one, then we would be lucky to get 20m for him next summer.

Just look at Nani's case. The right time to sell him was summer of 2012 when we would have gone 20m or so. But instead we didn't do that and in the next 2 seasons be barely played and now we sold him for peanuts. Similarily, if we ever plan to sell Young/Fellaini * then the right time is this summer after they had a good season and are in the up. Next season their value will decrease.

* Obviously, it depends if the manager thinks if those positions need to be upgraded or not.

Mali_Zeus

I think you have a point. If he wants to leave, then you'd look back to how LvG has always spoke about letting players go if they're not committed to the cause and how he wouldn't force unhappy players to stay. In which case, if ADM asked to leave, we wouldn't be so bitter about it, and LvG wouldn't address the AWOL questions in the manner that he has. Moreover, di Maria would have no excuse to skip pre-season, he's still employed by MUFC, after all.

I've always felt that we don't want him here and that we're trying to rid a player, who LvG believes doesn't fit into his plans. Maybe we are pushing him out. It would make sense, too. We have a club willing to pay a lot of money for a player deemed surplus to requirements, to which the player has responded by striking.

If he wants out, and we're willing to let him go, then why strike?

“I’m always like that. When you see my history – that’s part of my philosophy. A player is not just a man who kicks the ball from A to B. Also, his environment is influencing him."

“So, I shall always be open for that conversation but I know also the commercial interests of the club and we have to respect that. You cannot give a lot of money for a player and then next season put him out of your selection."
So it seems he is on strike after all. I think we had a convo about not knowing where he is exactly. :)

POF

And take an even big hit in the future? You don't think by making him rot in the reserves he'll see the error of his ways, knuckle down and become world class for us in a years time do you?
Absolutely not but the signs earlier in the window were: Real come in with a derogatory bid for our player - we go after their captain. United at last seemed a player who could compete with a club of Real Madrid's stature. That looks like it will end badly with United's "you won't get De Gea unless we get Ramos" stance being all hot air.

Now, a player decides he wants to move to PSG who make a disgracefully low bid. United have huge financial resources. They need to use them to show any player who does this will not get what he wants. If that bid is true, I would happily sell him elsewhere for a loss but refuse to sell to PSG. United are a laughing stock in the transfer market paying a premium on every player and selling every player (old or young, long or short contracts) for absolute peanuts. That needs to change and Woodward needs to make a statement.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
44m is fair value for him I feel. We got stung by paying 60m but that was coming off a great season.

No doubt he will go and be excellent for PSG, but I'm just as excited for pereira to shine to be honest.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Are people seriously blaming the club and LVG for this? Wow...
I blame the club for signing him in the first place. Its been rumoured since day 1 we were never his ideal destination but the club wanted a big name at at any cost

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
PSG can feck off if they can have him for a low fee. I'd rather we keep him and use him as a squad player. If he wants so badly to join them he shouldn't have signed a contract here.

Spoony

The People's President
Good let's get this wrapped up so we can reinvest the money back into the squad.

As for Di Maria, I saw him queuing up for a Big Mac in Broughton yesterday.

dasty

So it's now all LVG's fault and Di Maria has nothing to do with it?

Sometimes this place is a bit... RAWKish :lol::lol::lol:

IwatUwat

He was a great signing the exact player we needed, he just didnt deliver or LVG didnt make it work. Either way Im sad to see him go. He's truly world class and showed it multiple seasons at Real and for Argentina, odd times at Utd but we couldnt get enough out of him.

Shame though when we are judging him when he played in a side plagued by injuries, with a new manager, and very inconsistent, not really fair to judge a player after a yr like that. Although we have with Falcao too (slightly different with a striker).

BUT one assumes that its all down to his own view that he wants to leave and if thats the case then wish him off cos we dont want players who dont want to be here......apart from De Gea.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Hurry up and feck him off out of here. You would think that after a down year most of the top players would be looking forwards to a new year so they can work hard and show the manager and the fans that they are good enough.

But not this guy, little bit of pressure and he goes missing until he can run off to a weaker league. Not the sort of player i want at this club.

DiceRoller

Players are available if the right amount of money is offered.
What players and what money? You offer Bayern €100m for Muller and they'll shoot it down. It's a no brainer. Offer €150m and it's the same. What good is the money to them when players of his quality aren't out there to replace him with? No point us having him and them having a bigger bank account; I can't say I ever remember Bayern working that way.

Who else? Bale? Are we going to throw €200m to get him? That's not the right money, that's just insanity.

Aside from Reus, I don't know who is actually available where we 1) wouldn't be a financial laughing stock to get him; 2)could get the owners to agree to such ludicrous fees; 3)is of the calibre to make a real different to the team.

Annahnomoss

Not too surprised to see him leave. If you are a player of his quality you don't want to sit on the bench during your few peak years and if you think the manager and you have too differing ideas on how to play football then there isn't any other way than out.

He'll probably be great for PSG but it would be silly for us to not sell him considering Young kept him on the bench last season and I doubt he'll be more motivated to change his ways this time around.

Woodzy

Isn't he a record signing for the league, as well as our club? It's absolutely pathetic that it has come to this after a year and doesn't look good for us. What a contrast compared to the feeling when we signed him.

POF

The difference is that Madrid sold them when they were actually quite good (were performing great). United has a history of not selling playerswhen they are good, but try desperately to make them play better (next season for Anderson). If we don't sell AdM now and he performs next season as bad as in the last one, then we would be lucky to get 20m for him next summer.

Just look at Nani's case. The right time to sell him was summer of 2012 when we would have gone 20m or so. But instead we didn't do that and in the next 2 seasons be barely played and now we sold him for peanuts. Similarily, if we ever plan to sell Young/Fellaini * then the right time is this summer after they had a good season and are in the up. Next season their value will decrease.

* Obviously, it depends if the manager thinks if those positions need to be upgraded or not.
I disagree. Nani had an excellent season in Portugal and had some impressive performances in the Champions League. United got nothing for him because they gave him a bumper contract, decided they didn't want him and then had to get him off the wage bill at any cost. Everyone knew they wanted rid so knew he'd be available for peanuts. RVP appeared to have been paraded by Fenerbahce before the clubs even agreed a fee.

Look at Mata. He wasn't getting in the Chelsea team and they still found some mugs to pay almost £40m for him.

Some clubs are just better in the transfer market and (even with players who are clearly surplus to requirements) can get good value. United are just really really bad.

Sir A1ex

Ozil was £42m, which is the sort of amount being talked about for ADM. ADM himself was more... because he was being bought by a big club!

buckooo1978

we'd be fools not to court a bit more interest in him either....

there's no way PSG are the only side interested surely at 45 million

if we are selling lets get an auction going

Cina

we'd be fools not to court a bit more interest in him either....

there's no way PSG are the only side interested surely at 45 million

if we are selling lets get an auction going
what other non PL club would pay 45m for him? Real won't take him back, Barca don't need him. Bayern Maybe? Even then that'd be a club record fee for them. Our options are very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.