İlkay Gündoğan Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/24/manch...issing-out-on-cesc-fabregas-transfer-3896953/

Manchester United are ready to turn to Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan after missing out on Cesc Fabregas.
United boss David Moyes had made Fabregas his top target this summer, but after seeing three successive bids turned down, he is ready to look elsewhere.
Everton powerhouse Maraoune Fellaini remains an option, but it’s now thought that Germany international Gundogan could move to Old Trafford instead.
The 22-year-old had two years left on his Dortmund contract, and despite talk over an extension in recent weeks, United are increasingly confident they could land him for around £20million.
Gundogan has been given a glowing reference by his former team-mate Shinji Kagawa, who is now a key part of Moyes’ plans at United.
It’s thought that the pair could be reunited before the end of the window, even if Dortmund decide to dig their heels in and try and force him to stay.
Gundogan represents everything that Moyes has been looking for, with an excellent passing range and ability to control a midfield battle.
The player has previously admitted his interest in the Premier League, where he has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea.
Barcelona were also keen on him earlier this month, but their interest has since cooled.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That article doesn't even have any made up "sources". It's such a tedious time of the year this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If I ever get a Beagle, I'm going to name it An in his honour.

Siorac

Gündogan will end up at Bayern or Real Madrid the next year or the year after that.

devilish

I wouldn't mind the guy. He's an excellent midfielder who had already played with Kagawa. He should fit in our wage structure + he's easier to get then Fab

NoLogo

Well if we try that it will be our next transfer failure. Watzke already stated they aren't going to sell anyone this summer. Especially not for 20m.

Hate to disappointing you Muppets but it smells like nothing but press gossip.

Cina

It's like Moyes and Woodward are reading the Caf and looking at which players we wank the most over and saying "feck yeah, let's try that one next. Bid 20m there will you?"

Carl

I wouldn't mind the guy. He's an excellent midfielder who had already played with Kagawa. He should fit in our wage structure + he's easier to get then Fab
Is he? Dortmund have absolutely no reason to sell and he hasn't given any indication he wants to leave.

He'll remain there for another year at least.

Carl

:lol: Mods have had their Sugarpuffs this morning.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Surely if we went after this fellow with the same intent as Fabregas he would be far more gettable

Just fecking sign someone I am getting concerned you cnuts

Cina

Surely if we went after this fellow with the same intent as Fabregas he would be far more gettable

Just fecking sign someone I am getting concerned you cnuts
The same intent, as in, bidding unrealistic amounts for a player who's club have absolutely no intention of selling because they've already sold their best young player to Bayern?

Sounds familiar.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I didn't believe any of the PR nonsense that has been posted, but its just twigged now. After 5 years of trying to sign a midfielder quietly, the Gill and Fergie way, failing and listening to people moan about our midfield.

We're doing it publicly so at the end of the window we can release a statement saying: "There. Are you fecking happy now? THAT is why we haven't bought a midfielder in 5 fecking years."

NoLogo

It's like Moyes and Woodward are reading the Caf and looking at which players we wank the most over and saying "feck yeah, let's try that one next. Bid 20m there will you?"

I think it's more likely the press is reading the Caf and thinking "How can we get some clicks from Manchester Uniteds transfer Muppets this morning, let's have a look on who is popular on the caf. Ah that Gündogan chap is seems a fan favoirte, let's do a story then."

Cina

Dortmund are at the end of the day a selling club and will never keep hold of their best players
Whether they're a selling club is very debatable, what are you basing that on exactly? Gotze? He's no different to Thiago, Bayern triggered his release clause and that was that. if anything their refusal to let Lewandowski leave and run down his contract only proves how unwilling they are to sell their best players.

There's no way they'll sell Gundogan.

NoLogo

Why "surely" ? Based on what ?

Well the PL is a higher reputation league and Manchester United is a higher reputation club as Dortmund so if we bid for their players they will of course be unsettled and have to be placed on the transfer list where we can just snatch them up, that's how it works right? Oh no wait I confused FM with reality for a minute, sorry.

LR7

Dortmund are at the end of the day a selling club and will never keep hold of their best players
They're digging their heels in with Lewandowski, letting him go on a free next season when they could get 20+million for him this, I don't see why they'd sell Gundogan with 3 years left on his contract. He wants to stay and they don't want/need to sell. Not going to happen. Even less likely than Cesc imo.

devilish

Why "surely" ? Based on what ?

Dortmund will never be able to retain their players. When they did, they ended up with a player whose staying for a year just to join their rivals on free.

Godfather

Will never? Really? Much can change and if Dortmund continue to have success in the coming years I don't see why not.
Anyway, in contrast to Fabregas, Gündogan already came out in this window and said that there was no way he would leave this club.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Whether they're a selling club is very debatable, what are you basing that on exactly? Gotze? He's no different to Thiago, Bayern triggered his release clause and that was that. if anything their refusal to let Lewandowski leave and run down his contract only proves how unwilling they are to sell their best players.

There's no way they'll sell Gundogan.
I personally don't think they're unwilling to sell Lewandowski. It would be financial suicide.

The player has set his heart on Bayern, and in turn they are not willing to pay Dortmund much money knowing they'll get him in 12 Months with just having to pay his signing on fee. It suits both Bayern and the player to let the contract run down. Dortmund would sell in an instant to a buyer if the player was willing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It'd be wise to look at each situation individually and not draw conclusions from the sales of the likes of Gotze. Besides, we wouldn't be the only ones interested in him and when it comes to that United isn't among the most attractive clubs (in terms of wages specially) anymore.

Well the PL is a higher reputation league and Manchester United is a higher reputation club as Dortmund so if we bid for their players they will of course be unsettled and have to be placed on the transfer list where we can just snatch them up, that's how it works right? Oh no wait I confused FM with reality for a minutes, sorry.
Must be that 'surely' :lol:

NoLogo

Here is the simple truth. A Dortmund player who is a starter and who doesn't has a buyout clause in his contract or has more then one year left on his contract and not expressed the intent that he does not want to renew his contract will not be sold, unless a club will throw crazy money at them and we are talking about and let's be honest we are not the club to throw crazy money at any club.

Now let's make the check on Gündogan. He has two years renaming on his contract and expressed no intent to leave the club. He also has no buyout clause afaik and his father is currently in talks with Dortmund to renew his contract until 2017.

So please by all means cling on to the hope that he will be signed this summer but I'm telling you right now you will be disappointed.

On top of that we don't even know there really is some interest from our side or if it's just tabloid gossip.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Should have been way earlier in the season to even think about prizing him away from Dortmund. And Dortmund have no need to sell either. Unless, Ilkay wants to move to PL or yearn for more money, there is not much reason for him to move away. They have got a quality team there.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It'd be wise to look at each situation individually and not draw conclusions from the sales of the likes of Gotze. Besides, we wouldn't be the only ones interested in him and when it comes to that United isn't among the most attractive clubs (in terms of wages specially) anymore.

Must be that 'surely' :lol:
No need to take the piss, Im never one who thinks the PL or Utd is the ultimate dream for every player. But to me he does seem a more realistic target right now than Fabregas.

Art

Art the artist
I like how they call it 'Ilkay Gundogan Transfer Thread' implying that there might be a possiblity of a transfer. Such a tease.

Commadus

The longer it goes on we fail in our attempts to sign a midfielder the more appetising the thought becomes of signing Fellaini. There are quite a few clubs now with money and a few with money and history - our allure for players hasn't diminished its just that other clubs have improved theirs.

soapythecat

If you didn't support United, you would be laughing at our so called pursuit of midfielders. The paper make the club look like transfer market idiots. Quality player but just as unlikely to move, or want to move, as Fabregas.

Brightonian

If you didn't support United, you would be laughing at our so called pursuit of midfielders.
I still don't understand this point of view. The club could do with a midfielder, so they're pursuing some of the best. As ever with the top players at the top clubs, it's difficult to make the move happen.

How is any of that funny?

soapythecat

I still don't understand this point of view. The club could do with a midfielder, so they're pursuing some of the best. As ever with the top players at the top clubs, it's difficult to make the move happen.

Where did I say it was funny to me? If you supported one of our rivals, you would find it very amusing that we failed with Thiago, openly chasing Fabregas who, for me, looks very unlikely to want to leave Barca and then, the constant paper speculation about this midfielder and that - you're telling me, that other fans wouldn't find it funny?

Cina

I wouldn't say it's funny, but you have to admit, based on the way the club has conducted transfers in the past, it's been a very odd Summer in the way we've gone about things.

We've turned Moyes from "I never openly say anything about players" to "I want Fibreglass!".

Brightonian

Where did I say it was funny to me? If you supported one of our rivals, you would find it very amusing that we failed with Thiago, openly chasing Fabregas who, for me, looks very unlikely to want to leave Barca and then, the constant paper speculation about this midfielder and that - you're telling me, that other fans wouldn't find it funny?
Um... no? This is what top clubs have always done: pursued the best players, sometimes got them and sometimes not. Chelsea were linked with both Falcao and Cavani as strongly as we were with Thiago and they haven't got either. Arsenal just missed out on Higuain and now they're throwing themselves at a brick wall with Suarez. How is it funny?

Brightonian

I wouldn't say it's funny, but you have to admit, based on the way the club has conducted transfers in the past, it's been a very odd Summer in the way we've gone about things.

We've turned Moyes from "I never openly say anything about players" to "I want Fibreglass!".
It's odd for us, yes - very. But I really don't get why everyone is suddenly acting like it's embarrassing. Pretty much every top club around has been doing this for years. All that's happened is that we've caught up in terms of letting everything be public knowledge.

soapythecat

Um... no? This is what top clubs have always done: pursued the best players, sometimes got them and sometimes not. Chelsea were linked with both Falcao and Cavani as strongly as we were with Thiago and they haven't got either. Arsenal just missed out on Higuain and now they're throwing themselves at a brick wall with Suarez. How is it funny?
Eeer, ok then!

Status
Not open for further replies.