İlkay Gündoğan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
That's what you get for being a greedy bastard.

LilRicky

not that bothered about him resigning, had an idea he would. His injuries have been a concern as well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's what you get for being a greedy bastard.
It was the best option in the first place, staying in a good club, earning decent money and eventually move next season.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Ffs, yet another player using us. This is getting tedious. Just come here for fecks sake we're better then dortmund you'll enjoy it more.

ottosec

I imagine this fecker was asking for a fortune if none of the top clubs were willing to take a chance with him...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So the rumors about hum beung a greedy cnut were true?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ffs, yet another player using us. This is getting tedious. Just come here for fecks sake we're better then dortmund you'll enjoy it more.
With a 1 year extension? He didn't used anyone, he just failed in his quest for a new club.

vodrake

This is one where it seems he wasn't actually using us. Signing a new contract was a last resort for him as everybody else turned down the wages he was asking for.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
People have now just decided that every time something like this happens it will just be a case of a player using us even though that clearly isn't the case here. If Gundogan had actually got a great contract after using us then why the feck would Dortmund make him sign only one year extension. It's obvious that he thought that his value would be great but in the real market no club was ready to pay much to a player with such a bad injury record .In the end Dortmund and him have reached a kind of a compromise where they keep him for another year and see how things develop next summer

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Disappointed about this one :( Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger will soften the blow though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
People have now just decided that every time something like this happens it will just be a case of a player using us even though that clearly isn't the case here. If Gundogan had actually got a great contract after using us then why the feck would Dortmund make him sign only one year extension. It's obvious that he thought that his value would be great but in the real market no club was ready to pay much to a player with such a bad injury record .In the end Dortmund and him have reached a kind of a compromise where they keep him for another year and see how things develop next summer
Its a lazy stereotype that people seem to always clutch at.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Is it me or is gundogan always wearing that grey t shirt?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So the rumors about hum beung a greedy cnut were true?
If clubs really wanted him and were serious he would be gone by now

How does him failing to gain a big money move to accept his immediate future is at Dortmund make him greedy?

If anything he is doing Dortmund a huge favour. We have loads moaning in the DDG thread that he should have extended his contract so we can get a bigger fee. Well if Gundogan finds his form again there will be no shortage of takers in 12 months willing to fork out a lot of cash

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
completely lost interest when seeing how little he'd played for ages.

signing a 1 year deal just smacks of him keeping his options open.
imagine if De Gea ends up doing this!

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
It's a win-win, seeing as (presumably) no club wanted to take a risk on him given his injury record and (so far) underwhelming comeback. He gets to stay around for another year at Dortmund to prove his worth, without them taking the risk of losing him for nothing by keeping him another season.

vodrake

Rumours about us agreeing a deal or being interested in some player, player signs a new deal.

Conclusion: He is using us.....
Pretty lazy conclusion. Why on Earth would he use us, Barca and Bayern, whom would be a step up and pay better wages, just to get a one year extention on his current contract at Dortmund at the age of 24?

Mali_Zeus

Pretty lazy conclusion. Why on Earth would he use us, Barca and Bayern, all of whom would be a step up and pay better wages, just to get a one year extention on his current contract at Dortmund at the age of 24?
Its not my opinion or conclusion. I meant that I love when people have conclusions like that.

RedorDead21

completely lost interest when seeing how little he'd played for ages.

signing a 1 year deal just smacks of him keeping his options open.
imagine if De Gea ends up doing this!
Thiago hasnt played much either tho..and I'd be swarming over him...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Would be really interesting to find out what the story was. Many top clubs were linked with him but no one went ahead. There might still be some question marks regarding his back / fitness level

Flying_Heckfish

Would be really interesting to find out what the story was. Many top clubs were linked with him but no one went ahead. There might still be some question marks regarding his back / fitness level
I imagine so. Now he can prove himself again and see where it leads. The one year extension doesn't lock him in prohibitively either.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Any particular reason we didn't sign this guy? Were strong rumors at the start of the summer (Bild even "confirmed" it I think?) but all of a sudden we ended up with Schmidfield instead. Surely the money wasn't an issue. He's looked very good the last 3-4 games, hopefully he's left his back problems behind him. Him and Reus have been my muppet signings since 12/13. :drool:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Any particular reason we didn't sign this guy? Were strong rumors at the start of the summer (Bild even "confirmed" it I think?) but all of a sudden we ended up with Schmidfield instead. Surely the money wasn't an issue. He's looked very good the last 3-4 games, hopefully he's left his back problems behind him. Him and Reus have been my muppet signings since 12/13. :drool:
Think you answered your own question there. I suppose that's exactly why other clubs haven't been in for him as well, Bayerns, Barcelonas and all that. I guess Ilkay he's been the most's favourite since that BVB campaign against Bayern and in the CL but his injuries will always make the buyers think twice. Same goes for Reus who I rate very highly but I'd be scared to buy him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think we were definitely interested, however he had just returned from a long term injury and the wages he/his agent were demanding didn't justify the perceived risk. I have a feeling we had essentially agreed a fee of about £25mil for him.

Bwuk

Hope we are in for him next season to replace Carrick.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There was a local paper that was adamant we had a deal with him. They are known to be reliable. The rumour is we pulled out once we saw Schweinsteiger as a possibility. Put that is true, I can see him coming here. If he's form goes as expected, Barca will be in for him next year.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Think you answered your own question there. I suppose that's exactly why other clubs haven't been in for him as well, Bayerns, Barcelonas and all that. I guess Ilkay he's been the most's favourite since that BVB campaign against Bayern and in the CL but his injuries will always make the buyers think twice. Same goes for Reus who I rate very highly but I'd be scared to buy him.
He had just 1, very long, injury. And there are no problem at all anymore since he was operated. And that's a year ago already. The only concern the clubs had was if he is able to get back to his best in terms of form or not. And right now it seems he will.

Will be another muppet story in the summer. Really stupid that he extended his contract for only 1 year. He could do well in Dortmund on the longterm together with the likes of Reus, Hummels and Tuchel. But however he's going to leave next summer, if Barca, Real or Bayern want him he will join them for sure, if not he will probably end up in the BPL.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm not too sure what to make of him. The way they sold it to the press he's happy to stay at Dortmund but he also has a couple of clubs (probably Real, Barca, Bayern) he really wants to play for. I think there were already reports about Bayern being interested this summer, but someone there had doubts about him and they supposedly wanted to rip off Dortmund, which apparently the player ruled out.
Still I think if one of those three clubs shows interest he'll most likely leave, but if that doesn't happen things might be a little bit more open than they seem and a lot may depend on whether or not Dortmund can keep their other stars and how this season goes.

worldinmotion66

I'm not too sure what to make of him. The way they sold it to the press he's happy to stay at Dortmund but he also has a couple of clubs (probably Real, Barca, Bayern) he really wants to play for. I think there were already reports about Bayern being interested this summer, but someone there had doubts about him and they supposedly wanted to rip off Dortmund, which apparently the player ruled out.
Still I think if one of those three clubs shows interest he'll most likely leave, but if that doesn't happen things might be a little bit more open than they seem and a lot may depend on whether or not Dortmund can keep their other stars and how this season goes.
It seems to me that a number of Dortmund's star players have decided to give the club another year, another chance to prove that they are an elite club after such a disastrous season. If Dortmund continue to pull up trees under Tuchel, I can see Gundogan, Reus and Hummels all staying, they seem a tight knit, loyal group.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It seems to me that a number of Dortmund's star players have decided to give the club another year, another chance to prove that they are an elite club after such a disastrous season. If Dortmund continue to pull up trees under Tuchel, I can see Gundogan, Reus and Hummels all staying, they seem a tight knit, loyal group.
I think it's more likely Gundogan didn't get the move he was after. After another year of proving his fitness and form to potential suitors I expect he'll move on. I think Dortmund having a good season will make that more likely, not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.