İlkay Gündoğan

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldinmotion66

I think it's more likely Gundogan didn't get the move he was after. After another year of proving his fitness and form to potential suitors I expect he'll move on. I think Dortmund having a good season will make that more likely, not less.
Yeah I think that too, and he's most likely already got a move lined up to Barca subject to a good season. However, I could still potentially see him stay in Dortmund. The point that I was making is that the three stars I named were all expected to move o at one point or another last season, and all have stayed. It's unlikely but not impossible that it could happen again next summer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It seems to me that a number of Dortmund's star players have decided to give the club another year, another chance to prove that they are an elite club after such a disastrous season. If Dortmund continue to pull up trees under Tuchel, I can see Gundogan, Reus and Hummels all staying, they seem a tight knit, loyal group.
Gundogan will still be gone next season if he shows glimpses of good form this year. I guess Barcelona were reluctant now because of his previous fitness issues and the fact that he didn't exactly perform for about 2 years.

I think it will be either Barca or Bayern.

Lyricist

Yeah I think that too, and he's most likely already got a move lined up to Barca subject to a good season. However, I could still potentially see him stay in Dortmund. The point that I was making is that the three stars I named were all expected to move o at one point or another last season, and all have stayed. It's unlikely but not impossible that it could happen again next summer.
Gundogan will still be gone next season if he shows glimpses of good form this year. I guess Barcelona were reluctant now because of his previous fitness issues and the fact that he didn't exactly perform for about 2 years.

I think Reus and Hummels are extremely likely to stay whereas Gündogan is likely to leave if there are good offers. Reus and Hummels have said multiple times that they signed long contracts because they want to stay at the club whereas Gündogan has been pretty open about it being 50/50. I think him not being at his best and the injury related reluctance of the top clubs led to him extending his contract for another year. He might extend again but he may just as well be looking to make the next step in his career after this season.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Bayern looks unlikely to me after the extension of Thiago (who basically plays his role at Bayern) and the signing of Vidal. They might have taken them as a free agent, but this was ruled out by Gündogan himself. With Gündogan´s appearant salary demands I don´t know how attractive he would seem to them.

With Barcelona a lot will rest on their hunt after Pogba. If they bring the French in as the big signing of the Summer, I could see Gündogan being reluctant to join them.

I would not rule out United at this point. I don´t think there would be such extensive talks between the two clubs over the Summer and a definite offer by United (which was turned down by Gündogan), if Gündogan would not have signaled interest in joining them. There he could be the main creative force of the midfield and they could definitively offer him the money he would want.

Devil may care

I would not rule out United at this point. I don´t think there would be such extensive talks between the two clubs over the Summer and a definite offer by United (which was turned down by Gündogan), if Gündogan would not have signaled interest in joining them. There he could be the main creative force of the midfield and they could definitively offer him the money he would want.
So we did actually make a bid for him or just offer him personal terms that he turned down?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So we did actually make a bid for him or just offer him personal terms that he turned down?
The rumour is that we had a deal agreed but he changed the goal posts when Barca and Bayern expressed interest.

Anyone reckon LVG might try and get rid of Herrera for this guy next summer?

Question234

The rumour is that we had a deal agreed but he changed the goal posts when Barca and Bayern expressed interest.

Anyone reckon LVG might try and get rid of Herrera for this guy next summer?
Nah, the same report said that lvg and woody shut down all negotiations when gundogan tried demand higer wages due to interest expressed from barca/bayern.

the only cm barca will sign next season is pogba. Bayern dont need him that badly either.

Status
Not open for further replies.