‘’Protest’’ during Brentford game

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

I didn’t think a protest could fail anymore than the Norwich one.

How wrong I was.

76th minute tonight, stadium in great voice all cheering the third goal, and a couple of lads trying to beg people to leave…

Glazers must be sitting at home … terrified :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
There's a weird sub culture of United fans mocking fans protesting the ownership of the club. Credit to them for trying.

IrishRedDevil

There's a weird sub culture of United fans mocking fans protesting the ownership of the club. Credit to them for trying.
I thought I was watching Comedy Central. The cheers literally were the loudest all game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

How wrong I was.

76th minute tonight, stadium in great voice all cheering the third goal, and a couple of lads trying to beg people to leave…

certainly not well timed after just scoring that’s for sure. if we were losing 2-0 I’d imagine there would have been a lot more traction.

Being the last home game too most people want to say goodbye.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
That'll be used as a stick to beat us with by the likes of Souness and Simon Jordan. Legitimizing the view that we only protest when things are going badly (which is genuinely not true).

Very annoying.

Barthez

Even those holding the banners up couldn’t be ar$ed to leave!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t fault the people actually protesting though can you…

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Like everything in football it’s well meaningful but very stupid and funny.

Leaving football matches that you already paid for or not buying football merch that will be consumed anyway will not get rid of the owners.

IrishRedDevil

certainly not well timed after just scoring that’s for sure. if we were losing 2-0 I’d imagine there would have been a lot more traction
What does that mean though? Most will hang around if we win?

I think that’s the point most of us make when we are against protests. If United go back to winning ways, nobody will say anything about the Glazers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I think that’s the point most of us make when we are against protests. If United go back to winning ways, nobody will say anything about the Glazers.
I suppose some don’t care if we are winning, others are more bothered about the money being drained and other facilities being left behind.

Trip721

Felt bad for the young kids being made to leave...they just want to a watch a game, but their father needs to "stick it to Glazers" and leave at the 73 minute, after buying tickets and concessions. :confused:

Tarrou

you know when you're on a night-out and you're trying to get the lads to move to another bar but it's impossible because everyones enjoying themselves

that's what that protest felt like

Pickle85

So just so I understand, you're against protests because 'if' we go back to winning ways nobody will say anything? Or is it because when we start performing, the protests fall away?

R'hllor

Customers dont protest, going to OT expecting to be around same minded folk when it comes to this is just silly.

SuperiorXI

It didn't look very organised at all... maybe just a few social media rumours etc, poorly executed and the Glazers will be laughing.

Pickle85

How wrong I was.

Sorry but this seems such a twat post...laugh at matchgoing fans trying to mobilize against something that we all agree (or should do) is an issue? Feck off.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

I don’t think that’s the case as there were plenty of protests while Fergie was here. The problem imo is fans are trying a type of consumer protest when the issue is one of property rights(Who really owns the club).

To change that would require actual politics and a fundamental restructuring of modern football and more. Something a protest can’t bring about. So people are just stuck in a repeating cycle of failed tactics.

IrishRedDevil

So just so I understand, you're against protests because 'if' we go back to winning ways nobody will say anything? Or is it because when we start performing, the protests fall away?
The protests literally failed tonight because we scored 3 goals v Brentford. Keeping in mind this season has been a total disaster and is ending without a fight for 4th, the protest still failed.

hobbers

Embarrassing to be honest.

But then any protest that involves paying for tickets is stupid in my book.

Pickle85

The protests literally failed tonight because we scored 3 goals v Brentford. Keeping in mind this season has been a total disaster and is ending without a fight for 4th, the protest still failed.
And so you're ridiculing it? Yeah, nice one.

IrishRedDevil

Sorry but this seems such a twat post...laugh at matchgoing fans trying to mobilize against something that we all agree (or should do) is an issue? Feck off.
Twat and feck off in the one post. Your poor keyboard.

With an attitude like that, I’ll tip you upside down and untwist your knickers

hp88

Only way of protesting against the Glazer is by not going to the game, all this late entry / walkout early shite doesn't work as there's 70K+ people in there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I definitely think it's a case of if we are winning we'll see a lot fewer complaints. And at this point... What is the point of the protests? There are a feck ton of changes going on. What do you want to change. The Glazers themselves aren't going anywhere, so with that in mind, what else do you want to happen? We are already having a full clear out and change behind the scenes.

Protests are meant to cause change. We are undergoing big change and there is action happening. Usually, you should stop protesting at that point basically. So now it's just complaining for something that isn't going to happen. Kinda pointless IMO.

crossy1686

career ending
Woeful, you can't protest because we're shit then not protest when we're good. Makes a massive mockery of everything. But then again, who the feck are these groups and why are they trying to tell people when to protest and how to support the team?

Pickle85

Twat and feck off in the one post. Hard man.

With an attitude like that, I’ll tip you upside down and untwist your knickers
You'd have to get over from Ireland! I'm guessing you won't be walking out of a game any time soon.

crossy1686

career ending
Only way of protesting against the Glazer is by not going to the game, all this late entry / walkout early shite doesn't work as there's 70K+ people in there.
Season tickets and tickets in general haven't risen in price in over 10 years, they hardly make any money from ticket sales, they make money elsewhere so I would say go to the games and support the team, stay off the United socials and don't buy merch

Blood Mage

A huge section of the fanbase is still okay with having the Glazers as owners. It's crazy to me but it is what it is.

SuperiorXI

Embarrassing to be honest.

But then any protest that involves paying for tickets is stupid in my book.
This... I was talking to my other half about this today, I'm a match going fan myself and don't understand the concept. It's kind of shooting yourself in the foot to spite your face.

Glazers aren't going to care unless it's some genuine action that hurts their profit margins.

IrishRedDevil

You'd have to get over from Ireland! I'm guessing you won't be walking out of a game any time soon.
It’s a 40 minute flight, not the end of the world is it? I was over last week actually. I’ll let you know next time I’m over sure, since you seem so interested.

Considering that was the last home game of the season, it might be a little while, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.