“All or Nothing” Man City Documentary Series on Amazon Prime

Kita

I enjoyed the Juventus one on Netflix. No reason to watch this. I would enjoy watching most other clubs though.

SirAF

Ageist
Why the feck would any United fan with any sort of self respect want to watch that propaganda nonsense?
This.

Only interaction I had with this documentary is when they blocked up The Printworks promoting that garbage a few days ago, having to go the long way round just to enter the cinema :lol:

Do wonder what it looked like when we beat them at the Etihad (if they even showed anything). Or if it got any video of the scuffle following their win at Old Trafford.
Nah, United didn't allow the camera team inside OT :D

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I only watched a couple of episodes (even then I fast forwarded through). I just wanted to see the team talks from pep, which was quite interesting to see. He really had them motivated.

But mostly it was just city hyperbole, like when they beat united at OT, they narrative was "attacking football beats parking the bus" and city pundits waxing lyrical about them (as you would expect!).

All in all I'd say skip most of it except the pep team talks.
Pretty much what I'm looking to do.

Schneckerl

I looked for that episode straight away, too. I might put myself through that hour but can't be arsed with the rest.

For those that aren't aware, there are a few other series of this following teams in different sports, too.
I watched most of the other episodes too - there are a few interesting parts, but most of it is too much off a pro-City commercial.

prateik

So they are still going on about wanting the quadruple? Nothing it is then..

JMack1234

It's slick and well directed. Obviously designed to try and get City some more fans, a proper documentary would be asking questions about the ethics of the City project and where that money is coming from but no. It's insufferable propaganda although seeing how Pep works is reasonably interesting.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Watched a few more episodes and it's been a good watch. Some of their players were on the end of some nasty challenges last season.

I love seeing how Guardiola works, and how scared he was of our front three. :lol:

Shiva87

Anyone know why Jose said that the movie lacks class? Clips that I can watch would be great. Don't think I will watch the whole thing by any chance!

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Anyone know why Jose said that the movie lacks class? Clips that I can watch would be great. Don't think I will watch the whole thing by any chance!
He didn't say it lacked class, he said you can make a great documentary and you can buy players but you'll never buy class.

Tyrion

It's slick and well directed. Obviously designed to try and get City some more fans, a proper documentary would be asking questions about the ethics of the City project and where that money is coming from but no. It's insufferable propaganda although seeing how Pep works is reasonably interesting.
Agreed. Pep would be an interesting subject for a documentary but if it's about the club, which is just a PR front for the owners, then there's no real value in it imo.

Shiva87

He didn't say it lacked class, he said you can make a great documentary and you can buy players but you'll never buy class.
Aah, ok. But that's an odd statement to make and I'd read it as implying that the movie lacks class. He specifically mentioned it in the context of you can make a movie being respectful to others, or something of that sort

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Aah, ok. But that's an odd statement to make and I'd read it as implying that the movie lacks class. He specifically mentioned it in the context of you can make a movie being respectful to others, or something of that sort
Well, that bit was referring to them having constant digs at United and Mourinho I think.

kps88

There's a lot of moaning about injuries and ref decisions.

The segment when we beat them 3-2 is worth watching for the comedy value -

- It starts off with a meeting before the game on how to prevent a possible pitch invasion if they won the the game.
- We get a bunch of City fan interviews before the game getting all giddy at the thought of beating us for the league.
- Crying City fans interviewed at HT getting emotional about winning.
- Inspirational Pep HT team talk.
- Miserable FT dressing room.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
These things are done very well. Can’t wait to watch Pep behind the scenes. Sounds like a great watch

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Is it all of the episode, or could you give me a specific point in the episode I can watch just to see some juicy misery ?

First 8 minutes is us beating them in the UCL first leg. After that it's about you and them till 30 minute mark when it's about us vs them in the 2nd leg.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Mourinho talking about class is quite funny considering his track record

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Really enjoyed that - I thought the NFL ones they did on the Cardinals, Rams and Cowboys were excellent - and loved the All Blacks one as well.

I love seeing the behind the scenes docs - would of course prefer to watch a United one but that doesn’t stop me being able to watch things about rival clubs.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How bittersweet it must be for City fans these days, knowing that your club is being used as nothing more than a branding vehicle for the Abu Dhabi regime.

This documentary is just another way for your parasitic owners to launder their image through your clubs once proud name.

L1nk

They follow NFL teams every season and film them, they've done ''All or Nothing" for NFL, college NFL, Rugby and now Football, they are a very good watch if you are interested in the sport regardless of the team you support. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do this with other football teams now, possibly in a season by season basis

Mr. Ant

That trailer looks like they won the treble ffs :lol:

I get it, City won the league in a great fashion but really? High budget documentary just because they won the league?

Who knocked them out of the CL by 5 goals to 1? It's just embarrassing, just like Jose said you can't buy class.

Reactions: SteveJ

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Really enjoyed that.

Why the feck would any United fan with any sort of self respect want to watch that propaganda nonsense?
Yeah but, seriously guys, it’s just, like, really super interesting seeing such new and unique behind the scenes things that we’ve never ever seen before, like....team talks.

It’s basically just watching a rival team’s season review for no other reason than it’s shot well... feck that noise.

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
That trailer looks like they won the treble ffs :lol:

I get it, City won the league in a great fashion but really? High budget documentary just because they won the league?

Who knocked them out of the CL by 5 goals to 1? It's just embarrassing, just like Jose said you can't buy class.
Tbf, if someone would want to make a documentary about a premier league team, why not the one with the highest points total ever.

It‘s just a bit embarassing that they put Wonderwall in the trailer.