“Fan Journalists”

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm sort of glad I don't know who some grown adult calling themselves "Flex" is.

Frank White

Convinced some of Goldbridges "fans" would sell their soul for a shout out, he gets 10's of thousands of people who would rather watch him then the game. Caught a transfer video of theirs recently and he genuinely got a donation that read something along the line of "shout out to you Mark for making my day after the death of my father and dog" like wtf is that? He's basically running a cult at this point.

flameinthesun

Now granted not all fan channels are equal, but this video is a perfect example of why people like Flex (and KG) and why the united view channel is well liked. Someone asked why would somebody watch a video like this or follow a channel like this... well i'd much rather have this on in the background than a talksport, sky sports, soccer am etc where its clear that even the united pundits don't really have a clue what the fan sentiment is.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think he knows that he gets more hits by "raging" when United lose and just plays into it. I find him entertaining sometimes but I don't really take what he says seriously. It's a performance.

Try Tifo Football. They've a YouTube channel that was bought by the Athletic and some of their stuff is very good. They've also got a weird sense of humour which I love.
It's a fresher breath of air and I appreciate the effort but sometimes feels like just the same stuff in a fancy package. A month before Lampard got sacked they had some video on his amazing tactics and why it works. I feel like they draw some images, deliver it in a certain way and make it sound more convincing than what it really is.

Oranges038

I think they are all great.

I especially love the watchalongs. So more better than going to a game.

UtdAgain08

I can't stand people The United Stand, the character Goldbridge that's been created is honestly one of the worst things things to happen to United, created to spread negativity for his own profit, the same for people like Flex and a few others on social media getting cash from pushing negativity around United, the AFTV model. I don't mind Stretford Paddock they seem like a decent bunch, apart from Steven Howson, seems a bit up his own arse.

Lewnited

Now granted not all fan channels are equal, but this video is a perfect example of why people like Flex (and KG) and why the united view channel is well liked. Someone asked why would somebody watch a video like this or follow a channel like this... well i'd much rather have this on in the background than a talksport, sky sports, soccer am etc where its clear that even the united pundits don't really have a clue what the fan sentiment is.
Literally came in here to post this :lol: Love Flex's commitment to providing authentic and enjoyable content at a time like this when the fanbase is so heated.

ReallyUSA

Convinced some of Goldbridges "fans" would sell their soul for a shout out, he gets 10's of thousands of people who would rather watch him then the game. Caught a transfer video of theirs recently and he genuinely got a donation that read something along the line of "shout out to you Mark for making my day after the death of my father and dog" like wtf is that? He's basically running a cult at this point.
Not everyone has the capabilities to watch the game Frenk(ie). If you see some of the super chats, they come in across the globe.He updates people on the current situation, and a lot of people’s emotions in-line with his.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
One of the things you'll notice always about fan journalists is that they tend to give viewers exactly what they want and don't question their beliefs like traditional journalists might.

At the moment that means people like Goldbridge tapping into the negativity that surrounds United for his own attention - which is largely why I find him an unbearable hack.

Like seriously, this was him today:

The guy's an absolute thunderc*nt.

b82REZ

So what? Why does it bother you that other people enjoy his content?

I personally find him extremely grating, even if some of his Partridge-isms have made me smile. But I don't get angry that others enjoy his content.

He just responds to market trends. If the fanbase is positive he seems to echo their sentiments then as much as the negativity.

Tyrion

It's a fresher breath of air and I appreciate the effort but sometimes feels like just the same stuff in a fancy package. A month before Lampard got sacked they had some video on his amazing tactics and why it works. I feel like they draw some images, deliver it in a certain way and make it sound more convincing than what it really is.
True. I think there are times where they are just wrong and sometimes, like people like Michael Cox and Jonathan Wilson, they look at certain stats so much they can lose sight of the overall picture.

I'll still love them for explaining why clubs can't sell unwanted players with an analogy about a lemonade stand being burned down for insurance money.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
True. I think there are times where they are just wrong and sometimes, like people like Michael Cox and Jonathan Wilson, they look at certain stats so much they can lose sight of the overall picture.

I'll still love them for explaining why clubs can't sell unwanted players with an analogy about a lemonade stand being burned down for insurance money.
Yeah. I mean the bar around is so low in terms of journalism they come out ahead

Frank White

Not everyone has the capabilities to watch the game Frenk(ie). If you see some of the super chats, they come in across the globe.He updates people on the current situation, and a lot of people’s emotions in-line with his.
Huh? You have access to watch a watch-a-long but can't find a stream? Sorry but it'll never be not be weird to me to see thousands of people watch a tiny man shout in front of a green screen rather than the game. If you do, more power to you.

Frank White

So what? Why does it bother you that other people enjoy his content?

I personally find him extremely grating, even if some of his Partridge-isms have made me smile. But I don't get angry that others enjoy his content.

He just responds to market trends. If the fanbase is positive he seems to echo their sentiments then as much as the negativity.
Personally couldn't care less but just find it a bit weird how he's managed to get such a following, then again same could be said for Kim K etc. You've changed your tune though, thought he wasn't even a United fan and a WUM?

SAFMUTD

Ideally you'd have "fan journalist" such as Ibai Llanos who clearly has contact with football players and can access undisclosed information without the usual TV restrictions. But the reality is there are a bunch of "Mark Goldbridge journalist" which are just sensationalists. The clickbait titles in the videos, the incendiary statements on twitter, etc those is just for show. He's feeding off the fan base anger without any actual analysis or insight at all.

I wouldn't call people like Goldbrigde "fan journalist" he's more of a "fan celebrity".

cyberman

You need to look up free online radio stations buddy.

b82REZ

Personally couldn't care less but just find it a bit weird how he's managed to get such a following, then again same could be said for Kim K etc. You've changed your tune though, thought he wasn't even a United fan and a WUM?
I do think he wums but I'm happy to admit I fell for the false narrative on him being a Forest supporter.

I've seen him on a few things when he's not being the Goldbridge character and he's actually fairly level headed.

Zoo

It’s become a big circlejerk between the major media and these contributors all in the name of clicks. Goldbridge on Talksport. Flex on Sky. United in crisis is gold for them.

ReallyUSA

Huh? You have access to watch a watch-a-long but can't find a stream? Sorry but it'll never be not be weird to me to see thousands of people watch a tiny man shout in front of a green screen rather than the game. If you do, more power to you.
I have more than enough. I am not speaking for me, I am speaking for those who might not have the ability. Nonetheless, cheers

EngimaMK

I used to be subscribed to the two big ones but realised there really isn't the time to watch both channels. Unsubscribed from United Stand and only watch the Paddock. They at least seem genuine fans and I really like tall Joe and Jay Motty. Howson is okay at times but an insufferable cnut at other times.
They also have some good banter that isn't all outrage and that was part of what turned me off of united stand. The guys on the Paddock sometimes make light of our predicament, united stand makes rage.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Most of his fans are under the age of 14.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I used to be subscribed to the two big ones but realised there really isn't the time to watch both channels. Unsubscribed from United Stand and only watch the Paddock. They at least seem genuine fans and I really like tall Joe and Jay Motty. Howson is okay at times but an insufferable cnut at other times.
They also have some good banter that isn't all outrage and that was part of what turned me off of united stand. The guys on the Paddock sometimes make light of our predicament, united stand makes rage.
Agreed. They're lifelong reds. Can't say the same about some of the other channels.

Amarsdd

Pretty much the reason why that is the only fan channel I listen to these days. Just lads bantering who happen to be United fans and sometimes talk about United.

Strootman's Finger

One of the things you'll notice always about fan journalists is that they tend to give viewers exactly what they want and don't question their beliefs like traditional journalists might.

At the moment that means people like Goldbridge tapping into the negativity that surrounds United for his own attention - which is largely why I find him an unbearable hack.

Like seriously, this was him today:

What's incorrect or wrong about his tweet?

Bosws87

After howson got caught trying to sell fans a match day tour where they took them to the pubs and sang songs for a price, i filed him with goldbridge and co.

Strootman's Finger

After howson got caught trying to sell fans a match day tour where they took them to the pubs and sang songs for a price, i filed him with goldbridge and co.
Did you know he's friends with Rio Ferdinand? If not, wait 5 mins, he'll tell you.

EngimaMK

Did you know he's friends with Rio Ferdinand? If not, wait 5 mins, he'll tell you.
Ha ha... Yeah, that is a awful character trait of his.

Did you know he used to be in the army?

I once watched one where he was meant to be talking about some defender we could be in for and he spent 20 minutes sharing his fitness regime and boasting about his athletic achievements. Bizarre.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He doesn't like the messenger. Now if a proper fan like one of the Red Army came out and said that, it'd make complete sense.

These people are so transparent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s entitled bollox that’s what. Fans support the team. That’s our job. You don’t reserve your support until they reach some nebulous milestone where you might decide to lower yourself to showing the club a bit of support.

We all need to get behind the team and hope for improvement. You don’t wait for improvement and only then decide to get behind the team. Classic modern “fan” gloryhunting bullshit.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Watching a Goldbridge 'Partridge' rant after United concede is one of my guilty pleasures.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Watching a Goldbridge 'Partridge' rant after United concede is one of my guilty pleasures.
I love seeing it for other teams especially our rivals but can't stand it for united . Saeed is the only guy where it's made me laugh, that guy is unintentional comedy

Bosws87

I love seeing it for other teams especially our rivals but can't stand it for united . Saeed is the only guy where it's made me laugh, that guy is unintentional comedy
Everytime i see that bloke i just see that kid from Hey arnold.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's 100s on redcafe alone who are half watching the game, but ranting on the forum at the same time.
So it takes all sorts :lol:

saivet

Cheers for sharing, really enjoyed that video and will subscribe if only for this pre-season tour.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I also have a very low opinion of journalists, what passes for journalism these days is a joke and must piss off actual journalists. Everything I seem to come across is a 'freelance journalist' who just copy/pasted 3 tweets that have a similar viewpoint, wrote 4 brief sentences of their own in between saying something like 'one person even said this' and titled it 'The Internet is in uproar about XYZ', 'The Internet is losing its mind about 123'.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ha ha... Yeah, that is a awful character trait of his.

Did you know he used to be in the army?

I once watched one where he was meant to be talking about some defender we could be in for and he spent 20 minutes sharing his fitness regime and boasting about his athletic achievements. Bizarre.
Howson?
Who the hell is going to follow his "fitness regime" for goodness sake?!

R'hllor

Give me fan channel any day of the week vs mainstream media, even if its dog shit channel, also dont like how mainstream media and journos look down at those channels, for example reaction of journos when Flex got first time seat to press conference ( not to mention his questions are more often than not better than theirs), AFTV vs Talksport shit etc. feck them imo, imagine thinking Flex is beneath you but cnut Custis and The Sun, they are in your club.

All hate for Goldbrige is kinda funny, he is just there, not worth of such attention, dont mind him, not watching him so its what ever for me, then again its not surprising when Padock is highly regarded, only worth a damn just like Flex is McKola, what remains is one obnoxious bellend and rest are delusional muppets on high horses thinking they are level headed lul.

What i also respect, Flex is going out there always was, even when he was under United Stand, goes to Belgrade, ultras open their stand gate for him to shoot pre match stuff, goes to away games regardless where it is, goes to pre season games, makes vods about it etc. Paddocks barelly leave that room during a season, show up in front of OT sometimes even after away PL game, which is funny chasing some randoms on a sidewalk with a mic.

Mainoldo

Give me fan channel any day of the week vs mainstream media, even if its dog shit channel, also dont like how mainstream media and journos look down at those channels, for example reaction of journos when Flex got first time seat to press conference ( not to mention his questions are more often than not better than theirs), AFTV vs Talksport shit etc. feck them imo, imagine thinking Flex is beneath you but cnut Custis and The Sun, they are in your club.

All hate for Goldbrige is kinda funny, he is just there, not worth of such attention, dont mind him, not watching him so its what ever for me, then again its not surprising when Padock is highly regarded, only worth a damn just like Flex is McKola, what remains is one obnoxious bellend and rest are delusional muppets on high horses thinking they are level headed lul.

What i also respect, Flex is going out there always was, even when he was under United Stand, goes to Belgrade, ultras open their stand gate for him to shoot pre match stuff, goes to away games regardless where it is, goes to pre season games, makes vods about it etc. Paddocks barelly leave that room during a season, show up in front of OT sometimes even after away PL game, which is funny chasing some randoms on a sidewalk with a mic.
It’s funny isn’t it. Paddock actually bothered to fly out this time. Probably because Flex started his own channel and they thought they could take most of the content.

McKola’s a good guy but the rest of them. Bunch of pr&ts I’d hate to share a taxi with. Not my type of banter.