0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

ArjenIsM3

It is not rightly so at all.

Literally the opposite of rightly so.
Wow fans are angry because 2 footballers made a simple post after getting shit loads of abuse for months and in Lingard case years. Shame they are not robots.
Not the first time and just because there's shitty fans out there doesn't excuse posts like this that are Mourinho-esque. "Look at how good I am". To do that after playing crap for half the season is beyond stupid.

JoaquinJoaquin

Anyway, at the end of the day, I would imagine they’re feeling pretty defensive when thousands of twats respond to ever single thing they post on social media by straight up character assassination.

In that context posting “0.012%” on their Instagram story is an extremely mild mannered response. So it’s as depressing as is predictable that aforementioned thousands of twats respond by increasing the levels of outrage and abuse. Sterling work, gents. Well done to one and all.
I think the criticising of the clothes is uncalled for, but this is the 3rd post in the last week from Lingard. First was the 'we are the new generation, embrace' rubbish, then the brand logo on the Manchester tribute, now this. Of course there are a lot of a-hole fans of ours, but Lingard entices alot of negative reactions with his attitude. This coming off the back of a horrendous season he played, in a team that quite frankly have been an embarrassment. Why can't he just knuckle down and not entice people? Is he that immature at 27?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Lingards like the football version of a reality TV "star".

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I must be the only one not getting riled up by these two and doubt they don't care.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Under Fergie it was not enough to make it to the Premier League or into the United first XI even. Until you won the title you weren't considered to have made it. I love Lingard and Rashford but if this is their response to the criticism it shows how much standards have dropped. Just brings me back to Evra's interview with Red Nev a few weeks back. Paddy said when he signed Fergie explained to him that he had to be ready to win every game, that a draw would be treated as a disaster. I just don't see the current lot being able to function under that kind of pressure. The mentality of our dressing room has totally changed.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Those hats are atrocious.
*shoots JLingz©®*

fergiesarmy1

Has anyone on here bought of any of rap/gangster/footballer/out and out bad boy/j to the l Lingz stuff from his fashion empire out of interest?

Sterling Archer

Under Fergie it was not enough to make it to the Premier League or into the United first XI even. Until you won the title you weren't considered to have made it. I love Lingard and Rashford but if this is their response to the criticism it shows how much standards have dropped. Just brings me back to Evra's interview with Red Nev a few weeks back. Paddy said when he signed Fergie explained to him that he had to be ready to win every game, that a draw would be treated as a disaster. I just don't see the current lot being able to function under that kind of pressure. The mentality of our dressing room has totally changed.
It's across the board. Outside football too I mean. There is an entitlement factor amongst that is real.

LARulz

I think the hate for these 2 is WAY over the top - they are the two players who care more about the club than almost all the rest of the team combined. Came through the youth ranks and have lived United all their life.

As much as I have defended Lingard as a player (still think he's very useful), I can see why he is annoying to many. I have no issue with players doing clothes or whatever but always felt that's something that comes out of being the best. He unfortunately isn't. But whatever, let him do what he wants, as long as football is still most important.

He does though have those annoying Griezmann like qualities. He's a big kid, but at least Griezmann is protected by the fact he's one of the best in the world.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
To all the guys who convinced themselves that Lingard is bad influence on Rashford, what if Rashford is just a kid who likes playing on social media and who likes to wear who he deems to be fancy clothes ?
By saying this you're making Lingard to be a master manipulator and Rashford a brainless sheep ? That's way too ridiculous of a criticism
Have you seen them interacting in videos? Rashy tends be a bit self-effacing until JLingz goes all 'beans' on him. Seems pretty obvious who influences who.

Le Red

It means one thing: MUFC players believe that the mere fact they have a contract with the club means they "made it".
They don't have to win anything or play well, they just have to collect their paychecks. That's disgusting.
I expected it from Lingard already but I'm very disappointed to see Rashford go the same way. He has the potential to be a formidable striker but if he thinks he made it already he'll just be a let down who'll sit on West Ham's bench by the time he's 24.

fergiesarmy1

It means one thing: MUFC players believe that the mere fact they have a contract with the club means they "made it".
They don't have to win anything or play well, they just have to collect their paychecks. That's disgusting.
I expected it from Lingard already but I'm very disappointed to see Rashford go the same way. He has the potential to be a formidable striker but if he thinks he made it already he'll just be a let down who'll sit on West Ham's bench by the time he's 24.
Exactly well said, there seems to be a few on here wanting to defend the indefensible, for what end I don’t know - top red?

Jibbs

Extremely lucky to be wearing United jersey, and because of that starting for England as well. Otherwise Lingard's standard is Championship and Rashford is Everton level at best.

Member 93275

I'm fascinated by how they dressed at the Bayern game, and before.

You know, personally I don't mind and care how young men of that age dress, I think the fashion is ill-advised, I might be wrong about that, but in any case it goes with the age and I have looked ridiculous myself. For all I care, when they go out on a Saturday night, wear a Big Bird suit or whatever.

But how to dress when you are attending a work related event, one in which image building is very important. Here we have this amazingly rich club build among others on fast marketing and branding knowledge, and no one prevented them to dress like that, and realizing it makes them look unsympathetic in the context. Do that on your night out, but at such an event either wear the club costume or just fan clothing like shirts with each other's name for a funny touch or the names of their favorite legends on the field, and you're golden. But no, these guys and the whole marketing apparatus went amateur.

fergiesarmy1

The bright white trainers with the suits also looked fantastic - anyone got a link to his website?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The percentage really puts it all in perspective. Most kids who come out of United's academy will not have the career of Rashford or Lingard.

fergiesarmy1

The percentage really puts it all in perspective. Most kids who come out of United's academy will not have the career of Rashford or Lingard.
That’s why it’s more frustrating to see them piss it away as seems the case with at least one of the 2 we seem to keep referring too