0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

manunited1919

If George Clooney gets 20-million quid for a crap movie, I doubt he's plagued by hundreds of twats tweeting 'I spent my hard-earned money on Batman F*cks Off & Then Returns Again, Clooney!!! So quit flogging shit coffee and hanging out with Matt Damon - he's a bad influence...#you old c*nt.'

So, in short, most famous people don't 'deserve it'.
A better comparison would be if every-single-time you go to a movie because you want to see a great movie you will always be stuck with the most terrible version of George Clooney, time after time after time. And nobody, not the Producer, the Director, the movie theater or the other actors will do anything about it, they will just keep inviting George Clooney to continue the shet show movie after movie. It’s at that point that hundreds and thousands of twats ask Clooney to feck off.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
.As Neville said, theres nothing to like about this group
After all, Neville's diplomatic & cheerful personality has always made him likable to all football folk.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm not arsed really... just providing another view point to explain why fans are giving them shit. It's understandable.
Yeah, fans need place to vent.

Social media is a place to show off, I'm pretty sure fans who slate them are no different, but of course on much smaller scale. Footballers are actually disadvantaged because each post is thoroughly reviewed and they could end up in trouble more often than not. The whole point of social media is to relax and have some fun. Lingard and Rashford aren't that different.

SteveJ

Scout
A better comparison would be if every-single-time you go to a movie because you want to see a great movie you will always be stuck with the most terrible version of George Clooney, time after time after time. And nobody, not the Producer, the Director, the movie theater or the other actors will do anything about it, they will just keep inviting George Clooney to continue the shet show movie after movie. It’s at that point that hundreds and thousands of twats ask Clooney to feck off.
:lol: Touché.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sir Alex isn’t around. He got more out of average players and Lingard certainly isn’t a squad player at the moment. He plays every game and does nothing, so what’s the use of him in the squad? May as well give that spot to a reserve player.

Whole point of being a squad player is contributing. Lingard doesn’t do that as a starter, so hows he going to do with even less minutes?
It's a different role. Lingard goes through runs of form here and there, his level correlates to a squad player level. Those who can't do it every week and shouldn't be starting, but are always eager to come on and can fill in in a few different positions. That's firmly his level, but that's also the sort of player every squad needs. Asking those players to start every week usually results in this situation where people hate on them, because they can't handle higher expectations from a talent POV.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Very nicely done. :lol:

Sir Scott McToMinay

We have too many players who believe in their own hype and think they’re top class.
Wouldn’t put it past them to wear some ridiculous suits to an FA cup final, they’re the modern day spice-boys only less talented.

Meanwhile their “boring” rivals are focused on playing well and working together towards something, and are actually achieving great things on the pitch.

manunited1919

Can you imagine if this pair played for Real Madrid, where even Ronaldo gets booed for a bad performance?
There would be a mutiny or even worse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyway, at the end of the day, I would imagine they’re feeling pretty defensive when thousands of twats respond to ever single thing they post on social media by straight up character assassination.

In that context posting “0.012%” on their Instagram story is an extremely mild mannered response. So it’s as depressing as is predictable that aforementioned thousands of twats respond by increasing the levels of outrage and abuse. Sterling work, gents. Well done to one and all.

SteveJ

Scout
If this is fame, I'm glad I'm a nobody.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Those twats would still be wrong.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The one he did with Lukaku, and Jose's interview he did with Rio.
Can you provide any quotes or links?

I'm curious to know how he (whoever "he" is?) Lukaku or Jose would have said Lingard specifically doesn't try as hard in training.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can you imagine if this pair played for Real Madrid, where even Ronaldo gets booed for a bad performance?
There would be a mutiny or even worse.
I guess Read Madrid fans can count their lucky stars that they never had to suffer the disgusting sight of homegrown players, signed for nothing, failing to make the grade. The indignity of it all! Mutiny!!!

:lol: you’ve just won the thread. It desperately needed some light hearted laughter.

Heardy

Anyway, at the end of the day, I would imagine they’re feeling pretty defensive when thousands of twats respond to ever single thing they post on social media by straight up character assassination.

In that context posting “0.012%” on their Instagram story is an extremely mild mannered response. So it’s as depressing as is predictable that aforementioned thousands of twats respond by increasing the levels of outrage and abuse. Sterling work, gents. Well done to one and all.
Surely that is and always has been the price of “celebrity” status.

Surely it comes down to management of people’s perception though. Nobody would give two hoots what they did online if they were doing well in their day job.

When they are paid to play football well, and paid handsomely at that, it’s easy to see that joe public will be slightly affronted when their “brand” comes first and they do not see the potential negative connotations.

If I was performing badly at work and appeared distracted or disinterested but was parading around on social media every other thing that was taking up my time, people in my immediate circle would be concerned or have a view. It just would unlikely be raised or magnified because I’m not a celebrity.

Lentwood

Clearly you are a fan who only remembers the last dozen games. Most players who come from the academy get into the team via a lucky break..
Calling Rashford a championship players shows the lack of footballing knowledge.

When players like Zlatan, Rooney rate him highly it shows he has got something about him. Jose loved him, Van Gaal, Southgate.

I have mates who are Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea fans who would all take Rashford in their team.

The only thing I will agree on that post is that maybe the fame of everyone rating him highly has got to his head slightly. Watch him next season when he is fully fit.
The last dozen games? I imagine i've probably seen 99% of the games Rashford has played for Utd either live at OT or on TV and ive never been convinced.

Rashford lacks the basic technique required to be a top player. Its a simple as that

Can you provide any quotes or links?

I'm curious to know how he (whoever "he" is?) Lukaku or Jose would have said Lingard specifically doesn't try as hard in training.
I'm talking about Rashford. He did an interview with Lukaku, Jose spoke about Rashford's mentality and work ethic to Rio. These interviews have been posted before they're also on YouTube.

SteveJ

Scout
This thread needs more RAWK-like analogies:
It's like if your ex-girlfriend was a bloke who played for the mancs while driving a Bentley over your mum's legs and then boasted about it on Bebo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm talking about Rashford. He did an interview with Lukaku, Jose spoke about Rashford's mentality and work ethic to Rio. These interviews have been posted before they're also on YouTube.
Rashford did an interview where he said Lingard does less than him, and Jose spoke to Rio and said Lingard also works less than Rashford? That didn't happen.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a premier league player playing for Manchester United. He's already in the top 1% of the world at what he does. How he dresses... who cares? People have their own individual fashion sense. It has absolutely nothing to do with your status. Posting stories on Instagram? I post stories and pictures on snapchat and Instagram. Who gives a feck. Its social media. He's posting pictures of himself living the dream. Hating on shit like that isn't "outdated thinking", it was never even acceptable. You're literally basically saying football results decide when a player is allowed to be happy and share that with others.
I can only speak for myself, but when i shit the bed later on i don't show off or keep laughing during corporate events. Lingard is a show-off who isn't even good at this job. More humility and much better numbers on the pitch would be greatly appreciated. He's in a privileged position and represents United, it's the fans of the club and the sport who allow him to earn these obscene amounts of money, so spend time on improving rather then giddily laughing in you instagram or pushing you brand on the back of the club. In contrast to others he seems to be always online in social media.

What we need isn't to tone down on the drinking culture, but social media these days, otherwise dark times are ahead of us, IMO. Average footballers who're holding the club for ransom and the social media team of the club milking it endlessly, couldn't make it up. No wonder the club hasn't won the league in years.

You don't see top footballers do it as much as Jlingz does it.

Chris Amesbury

We have too many players who believe in their own hype and think they’re top class.
Wouldn’t put it past them to wear some ridiculous suits to an FA cup final, they’re the modern day spice-boys only less talented.

Meanwhile their “boring” rivals are focused on playing well and working together towards something, and are actually achieving great things on the pitch.
When I saw them at half time during the Legends match I thought straight away Spice Boys. Our club has turned into Liverpool of 1996.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What they off the field and specially on social media doesn't bother me at all. They are human, they have their lives.
I just hope that the attitude "me vs haters" many of them have doesn't delude them into thinking they are better footballers than they are. Some athletes thrive on hatred (Ronaldo after World Cup 06 for instance), I hope they use it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can only speak for myself, but when i shit the bed later on i don't show off or keep laughing during corporate events. Lingard is a show-off who isn't even good at this job. More humility and much better numbers on the pitch would be greatly appreciated. He's in a privileged position and represents United, it's the fans of the club and the sport who allow him to earn these obscene amounts of money, so spend time on improving rather then giddily laughing in you instagram or pushing you brand on the back of the club. In contrast to others he seems to be always online in social media.

What we need isn't to tone down on the drinking culture, but social media these days, otherwise dark times are ahead of us, IMO. Average footballers who're holding the club for ransom and the social media team of the club milking it endlessly, couldn't make it up. No wonder the club hasn't won the league in years.

You don't see top footballers do it as much as Jlingz does it.
Griezmann is as annoying and as self obsessed as anyone. Hes also massively successful in the sport over the years. It makes no difference. It has 0 impact on anything sport related. Let it go and move on because it means absolutely nothing.

Kostov

Our arch rivals are preparing themselves for the biggest game of the year and players like Salah and Mane are there two years in a row, becoming a habit. Meanwhile tossers like Lingard are lauding themselves because they made it as a pro at 27 year old, while being part of the worst 6 years of the club's last 30 years.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It's not character assassination. It's perfectly justified criticism of a player who is evidently too hell bent to promote his own brand.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To all the guys who convinced themselves that Lingard is bad influence on Rashford, what if Rashford is just a kid who likes playing on social media and who likes to wear who he deems to be fancy clothes ?
By saying this you're making Lingard to be a master manipulator and Rashford a brainless sheep ? That's way too ridiculous of a criticism

Kag

Can’t help but consider how much criticism would be directed towards Pogba for this sort of post. It’s all rather pointless.

It’s an interesting paradox that our (seemingly) most hardworking players on the field are actually (seemingly) by far the most active in terms of social media. There’s something rather small about professional footballers sitting together looking for ways to wind up average football supporters on Instagram.

Ollie Derbyshire

Well that is ridiculous and exactly what we criticised Liverpool for with their defence of Suarez.

Can’t stand the idea that good players can be massive cnuts for us and we just accept it.

To me United means more than that.
Suarez was a very good player going on to become world class, and also accused of racism as well as a biter.

Lingard is a 27 yr old man acting like a teenager whilst serving up some of the worst stats I have seen for a Man United regular.

Not sure what point your making tbh.