100m budget for 2019 Summer window

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And? We haven’t bought AWB yet and I doubt we will spend more than £100m, or thereabouts, unless we sell first. I hope I’m wrong because we need to upgrade at least 4 positions but Ole has already stated 2-3 players before the end of the season.
We'll buy wan b.
I bet my redcafe legend status on it.

And if we don't buy one more player worth more than 28m, even without selling someone itd be remarkable

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
United are probably sick of being held to ransom over every transfer going and have released this info in an attempt to try and repair the damage done by woodward years ago.

Fer

1. Transfer budget = Sancho
2. Sell De Gea, buy Meunier and Alderweireld
3. Sell Pogba, buy N'Dombele and Fernandes/Maddison.
4. Sell the deadwood (Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Jones, etc), buy one of Tielemans/Barella/Neves/Ndidi/...
5. Sell Lukaku and buy a another CB or a ST.

USREDEVIL

1. Transfer budget = Sancho
2. Sell De Gea, buy Meunier and Alderweireld
3. Sell Pogba, buy N'Dombele and Fernandes/Maddison.
4. Sell the deadwood (Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Jones, etc), buy one of Tielemans/Barella/Neves/Ndidi/...
5. Sell Lukaku and buy a another CB or a ST.
Let me Ed Woodward that list for ya
1. Transfer budget = Bale
2. Re-sign De Gea
3. Sell Pogba, buy Rolls Royce
4. Re-sign the deadwood (Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Jones, etc), do not buy one of Tielemans/Barella/Neves/Ndidi/...
5. Sell Lukaku and Promote Greenwood (i like him as he already has "wood" in his name).

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
United are probably sick of being held to ransom over every transfer going and have released this info in an attempt to try and repair the damage done by woodward years ago.
Here is a transscript of out negotiations.

Ed: Good morning, my name is Ed and i represent Manchester United

Other club (OC): that Will be 10 mil pounds

Ed.. Ok, we are intrested

OC: that Will be 20 mil pound Sir

Ed: in that young

OC: 30 milion

Ed:... Promising...

OC.... 40 milion Sir

Ed... English....

OC... 50 milion

Ed.... Player

OC. Which one exactly Sir?

Sterling Archer

Whoever decided to leak this as if it's going to keep other clubs from asking for large transfer fees is an idiot.

United: we'd like to sign your player
Club: we want to keep him so it'll have to be a big sum
United: Sorry, we have a very strict budget this summer.
Club: no you don't. You're Manchester feckin United.
United: ah but we just dropped from richest club in the world to third
Club: ok so pay the Glazers less. Fixed price for our star. Feck off.
United: ok we'll extend our existing contracts.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Well realistically it was never going to be a great deal more then this, our operating profit last year was about 44 million and we spent around 70 million in transfers, once you factor in the loss of champions league football, then we can't spend much more then 100 million without making a loss, which we don't want to do!

starman

Sell Pogba for minimum 150m
Sell Lukaku for minimum 60m
Get whatever we can for Darmian, Sanchez & Rojo or Jones or Bailey

310m available
Diop 50m
Maddison 60m
Teleimens 45m
Partey 43m
Haller 45m
AWB 50m
=293m

I would spend the 17m left over to take Bale on loan provided Real continued to paid all his wages.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

310m available
Diop 50m
Maddison 60m
Teleimens 45m
Partey 43m
Haller 45m
AWB 50m
=293m

I would spend the 17m left over to take Bale on loan provided Real continued to paid all his wages.
turn fm off fella

Ballist1x

Thing is we blew £50m on Fred, and I have no clue why.

We definitely cant sell him for what we bought him for. He's neither decisive offensively or defensively.

But with signings like that it's no wonder we don't have much to spend this year.

We're just in a huge mess and it is entirely our own doing. Throwing silly money at mediocre players isn't the answer either:(

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How did they get the information? Although, it makes sense since we have been trying to bargain so much on players.

£150m will be more reasonable. The board should know that in this market, getting 2 top players with just £100m is almost impossible. Can’t see us getting a new centre back.

£100m plus £80m Lukaku’s money.

£15m - James
£70m - Bruno
£50m - Bissaka
£40m - Tielemans

—————- DDG —————
AWB Tuanzebe Lindelof Shaw
Tielemans - McTomm - Pogba
——--—— Bruno —————
- Greenwood — Rashford -

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Raf Honigstein is at it again, this time on ESPN (previously on Sky). On the question of United's budget being 100m, he is speculating that it could then be "200m, even 250m" if we sell Lukaku and Pogba. So let's say Lukaku goes for 60m (lower than he's rumoured to cost), he's again assuming Pogba being worth 90m. How can he be so incredibly adamant about those figures? fecking annoying.

If Lukaku and Pogba were sold this summer, I'd expect us to fetch at least 180-200m for the pair.

Strange that pundits have no problem taking seriously numbers like 80m for Maguire, 60m for AWB, 75m for Diop. But Pogba, who the club have clearly briefed won't got for less than 150m, is 90m...

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Well realistically it was never going to be a great deal more then this, our operating profit last year was about 44 million and we spent around 70 million in transfers, once you factor in the loss of champions league football, then we can't spend much more then 100 million without making a loss, which we don't want to do!
So it's actually true then most likely.

£44m sounds terrible really, quite terrifying considering the state of the team. I don't really follow the finance side of things but all you hear is that we're a cash cow and Woodward is doing an amazing job, so you just assume things are fine.

If that's the sort of budget we have each year then it's safe to say we're done as a top team for the foreseeable future.

Jezpeza

Raf Honigstein is at it again, this time on ESPN (previously on Sky). On the question of United's budget being 100m, he is speculating that it could then be "200m, even 250m" if we sell Lukaku and Pogba. So let's say Lukaku goes for 60m (lower than he's rumoured to cost), he's again assuming Pogba being worth 90m. How can he be so incredibly adamant about those figures? fecking annoying.

If Lukaku and Pogba were sold this summer, I'd expect us to fetch at least 180-200m for the pair.

Strange that pundits have no problem taking seriously numbers like 80m for Maguire, 60m for AWB, 75m for Diop. But Pogba, who the club have clearly briefed won't got for less than 150m, is 90m...
I think the issue is that other PL teams aren't under the pressure to sell to us. They can hold out for a big fee - if we dont pay, no worries they keep their good player. If we do, they get an enormous amount of cash and spend it on several well scouted upgrades for their team.

On the flip side, it would seem common knowledge that we are open to Lukaku leaving - which means we cant hold out for big money. And anyway, the only teams being linked to him are the likes of Inter who will want a 2 year loan deal with the option to buy over 7 years of instalments and a 30% off voucher code. We are mugs to have renewed the contracts of Rojo or to try and get a fee for Darmian - they both would only be let go on frees. No one will come and offer money for them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think the issue is that other PL teams aren't under the pressure to sell to us. They can hold out for a big fee - if we dont pay, no worries they keep their good player. If we do, they get an enormous amount of cash and spend it on several well scouted upgrades for their team.

On the flip side, it would seem common knowledge that we are open to Lukaku leaving - which means we cant hold out for big money. And anyway, the only teams being linked to him are the likes of Inter who will want a 2 year loan deal with the option to buy over 7 years of instalments and a 30% off voucher code. We are mugs to have renewed the contracts of Rojo or to try and get a fee for Darmian - they both would only be let go on frees. No one will come and offer money for them.
My gripe was mainly with the undervaluing the market value of United players who clearly should fetch much more money. The club doesn't need to sell and I don't see the club selling either player on the cheap. They've both got much bigger global appeal than any of the players we're (realistically) linked with.

Jezpeza

My gripe was mainly with the undervaluing the market value of United players who clearly should fetch much more money. The club doesn't need to sell and I don't see the club selling either player on the cheap. They've both got much bigger global appeal than any of the players we're (realistically) linked with.
Yeah i agree. I do feel though that how do little journalists know what out board and management value players at? So much of it is made up.

That aubemayang link the other day was comedy. The most ridiculous and improbable link since arnautovic

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Yeah i agree. I do feel though that how do little journalists know what out board and management value players at? So much of it is made up.

That aubemayang link the other day was comedy. The most ridiculous and improbable link since arnautovic
Pogba cost 90m. The market has since just gone crazier. His profile has increased dramatically since we signed him. He's got 3 years left of his deal. Along with de Ligt, it's been the biggest transfer story so far. You'd have to have been living under a rock not to have seen the 150m figure bandied about. Or doing Real Madrid's bidding.

With Lukaku, given that he's not a massive diva like Pogba, the club can hang onto him for another seasons as an attacking option if no satisfactory bid is made. He doesn't suit us, but his age and goal scoring record should ensure a decent fee.

Whilst I agree that the smaller clubs in the league can put up more of a fight, I still think that with a more competent structure, we would not be taken to the cleaners for every single player we buy. Even James was rumoured to go to Leeds for what, under 10m was it?

The only player I could see us take a massive hit on would be Sanchez because he's the worst deal we've made in our history. I could see him go on loan or transferred with no fee and subsidised wages.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
So it's actually true then most likely.

£44m sounds terrible really, quite terrifying considering the state of the team. I don't really follow the finance side of things but all you hear is that we're a cash cow and Woodward is doing an amazing job, so you just assume things are fine.

If that's the sort of budget we have each year then it's safe to say we're done as a top team for the foreseeable future.
well you look at the finances and Woodward is bringing in a ridiculous amount of money considering our fall down the league over recent years.

The problem is how badly the football side of the buiessness is been ran, how high our wages are how badly we have recruited, the shear size of our squad, the amount of money we have spent since Fergie left for such a little amount

Its not all woodwards fault, you have to blame the different managers who have all been involved, the coaching staff which kets face it have hardly improved a first team player since De Gea, and the whole playing staff environment obviously has issues.

Plus you have to look at fan pressure as well, look at how many fans were desperate for us to sign Sanchez, who have ago at Woodward when he doesn't spent 200+ million in a summer, you go by what most fans want us to spend in summer and we would be bankcrupt with 3 years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Shouldn't Fellaini's money be added to the mix? Also if money is an issue then why didn't we give Herrera what he wanted? We can't expect Ole to lose 2 CMs without getting any money to strengthen CM whatsoever

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
How's signing those players going then?

It's just the one player actually

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
well you look at the finances and Woodward is bringing in a ridiculous amount of money considering our fall down the league over recent years.

The problem is how badly the football side of the buiessness is been ran, how high our wages are how badly we have recruited, the shear size of our squad, the amount of money we have spent since Fergie left for such a little amount

Its not all woodwards fault, you have to blame the different managers who have all been involved, the coaching staff which kets face it have hardly improved a first team player since De Gea, and the whole playing staff environment obviously has issues.

Plus you have to look at fan pressure as well, look at how many fans were desperate for us to sign Sanchez, who have ago at Woodward when he doesn't spent 200+ million in a summer, you go by what most fans want us to spend in summer and we would be bankcrupt with 3 years.
Woodward is responsible of bringing in managers and of negotiating transfers both ins and outs. He's the Glazersain man therefore the buck stops with them. we shouldn't be that surprised of why we're in shambles considering how they are managing the buccaneers

Hughes35

If this is true it reminds me of when the Venkys bought Blackburn and said they would heavily back the club with a "Massive" transfer budget of 10 million pounds a year..... Look how that turned out for them

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Isn't that the whole point of a "budget"?
Yeah, but it will be a" budget" - that's the point.

Good ol' Moyesie was astonished that there was no budget at United - and what he meant was that unlike at smaller clubs, with less resources, there wasn't a fixed transfer budget, a "war chest" of exactly X mill.

It doesn't mean funds are limitless, obviously not, but it would surprise me very much if Ole has been told that he can spend 100m on incoming players - and not a penny more. How much can be spent will depend on an overall picture, which includes wages, not least.

Joseunited

I don't quite get how everyone actually believes one idiot saying we have x amount of money to spend!!!There are only a few who know and they are called Glazers and Woodward. not some idiot working at ESPN:lol:.
Negativity and pessimism rules on these forums.

Bestietom

If true that we only have 100milion to spend in this transfer window, then this club has pulled the wool over our eyes once more.
We have an immense job of rebuilding, and from what have been shoved down our throats, that we start this season is rubbish.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well we have already spent over 600m in past 5 season for the rebuild, so another 100m this summer seems reasonable.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well we have already spent over 600m in past 5 season for the rebuild, so another 100m this summer seems reasonable.
While I agree somewhat during the last couple of seasons prices have become insane. If you want one of those world class players nowadays you need to start your bidding at about 70-80 mil. Fortunately it looks like none of those players have any interest in joining us.

The last five seasons have truly been a massive feck up. We were on the decline but our name still meant a lot. The problem with that though was it seemed we only attracted the players that wanted a big pay day and didn't really give two fecks about the badge. If our budget is only £100M then I'm fine with that because it might result in us buying young talent that want to be here and prove themselves. I'd take some 20 year old who will give every ounce of their strength for 90 minutes than some like Pogba, who has all the talent in the world, who flips a coin before the match to decide if he gives a feck. Not that I blame him, the team is filled with players who think that they have nothing to prove.

Jezpeza

Pogba cost 90m. The market has since just gone crazier. His profile has increased dramatically since we signed him. He's got 3 years left of his deal. Along with de Ligt, it's been the biggest transfer story so far. You'd have to have been living under a rock not to have seen the 150m figure bandied about. Or doing Real Madrid's bidding.

With Lukaku, given that he's not a massive diva like Pogba, the club can hang onto him for another seasons as an attacking option if no satisfactory bid is made. He doesn't suit us, but his age and goal scoring record should ensure a decent fee.

Whilst I agree that the smaller clubs in the league can put up more of a fight, I still think that with a more competent structure, we would not be taken to the cleaners for every single player we buy. Even James was rumoured to go to Leeds for what, under 10m was it?

The only player I could see us take a massive hit on would be Sanchez because he's the worst deal we've made in our history. I could see him go on loan or transferred with no fee and subsidised wages.
I agree that Pogba is worth that. I think the main problem is our scouting - we could have had maguire off Hull for about a 3rd of his quoted price. People complain about the likes of James - but our big shiny ‘proven’ signings have been delivering nothing for years now. Id expect a mid rebuild team to have similar finishes to what weve done, and at least thered be a chance of an upturn.

Sanchez is a crocked has been with a cry baby bottle it attitude, who has ruined the wage structure of the club. Id love them to just pay up his contract and f*** him off for good tbh. That would be a good deal this summer, get him off the treatment table and out of here.

RedDevil-85

What a truly disappointing summer its been so far when it comes to transfers,both incoming and outgoing.
Ole wanted the new signings ready for pre season..that looks like a pipe dream now and there is no solution on Pogba,De Gea and Lukaku.
The deadwood is still here and they dont seem to be going anywhere soon,no rumors around them complete silence.
All the problems we had before the season ended is still here and pre season starts next weekend?

Dont know why Woodward doesnt get his finger out.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I just read that Kieron Tierney is available for £25m. I’d happily spend that on him.
I've been saying the same. Great value. We're breaking the world record for a full back in acquiring another young right back, so I don't see why we can't buy a super promising left back on the relative cheap.

Nigel Refalo

310m available
Diop 50m
Maddison 60m
Teleimens 45m
Partey 43m
Haller 45m
AWB 50m
=293m

Cuckoo Land