12 consecutive games scoring a goal or less

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To be fair it was an absurd and laughable suggestion at the time, let alone in hindsight after it made no difference, or perhaps we are even attacking worse.

Having said that the people who suggested it are still maintaining that its a thing :lol:
Yeh. It's like thinking that Liverpool score more because they have Van Dijk instead of Salah, Mane, or Firmino.

Hawks2008

Disgraceful to expect us to score more than a goal a game, seems some of our 'supporters' should be off at City if all they want quality football.. the United way is not about having shots on target vs Europa league fodder..

Son

Today was a perfect opportunity to remedy that. Cowardly tactics in the second half put an end to that chance. We actually created chances in the first half, why go full Mourinho then?
Mourinho is actually a good manager. There’s a massive difference. We had a plan and won with his plan more times than not. It’s just the fans didn’t like his style but his sides scored more goals than the current one.

You’d bet on a manager like Mourinho to win us the Europa league even with this squad imo. Our defence is class when they are all fit. We don’t concede much at least so Ole has that going for him.

RG 11

To be fair it was an absurd and laughable suggestion at the time, let alone in hindsight after it made no difference, or perhaps we are even attacking worse.

Having said that the people who suggested it are still maintaining that its a thing :lol:
Ole: "I want to play attacking free flowing football"

Hires 2 defenders and sells the striker.

Renegade

It's bad yes but we were never going to achieve anything this season. Let's hope for a better one next year.
im sick of this writing off season’s mentality. What a waste of everyone’s time. Even next season won’t promise to be anything then we’ll hope again for the following.

pacifictheme

We probably had similar periods in LVG's time with us.
Just looked back and at the end of his second season we went 8 games scoring a goal or less. That run included games against liverpool twice, city, spurs and everton. Lvg lost his job.

Needham

At this rate Chelsea will be demanding that opening game be replayed.

Raw

Don't forget...Bruno doesn't misses too many passes, provides too many assists, scores too many goals
Pretty sure Ole mentioned wanting players to take more risks, yet there were rumours floating around about not wanting Fernandes because he takes too many risks. Probably bullshit but it made me laugh :lol:

Eric7C

Yes we did have periods like this under LvG (though not quite as long as half a season). And that's why he got sacked.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Martial and Rashford are supposed to be top forwards but they’re proving not to be - that’s my point. Not replacing Lukaku would’ve been down to the fact we’ve got those two.
Yeah I get that, I just think that neither has really shown they have the killer instinct needed to score twenty plus goals a season.
Martial maybe more so than Rashford.
Lukaku has, which is why I find it bizarre that the gamble was taken to not replace him.

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
I'm pro-Ole. I think he should stay until at least the end of this season. But that's probably an equally damning statistic as your overall league points total.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It doesnt. Even if we came right from Fergie to this, Ole would still need to go. The good thing is he will get time, so anyone thinking we will improve with time will have an eye opener at some point. Some will realise it in a few weeks, others in Januray, and others at the end of the season. Some never and will think like Moyesie, where 6 years are needed to have some success. Watching the games, the only thing left is hope.
Getting the right manager would automatically change things, whatever people say.
We haven't had a manager doing the classic "sum greater than the parts" maximising the team's level since Fergie now.

We need a manager who can bed in a style that is attacking, that over time we get the right players for. ie what Klopp has done.
Even when their squad was toilet near the start they still had goals and a certain style about them.
We have neither. a year in.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We are sorely lacking in quality but,above all else, a real enthusiasm in our play. There's no bounce. No enjoyment. No determination.
Our play is flat and our players look like they rather been somewhere else, illustrated by the majority of our players last night just ambling along.

I do believe alot of our players are mollycoddled too. Some of them dont realise who they're playing for. They seem to lack self motivation and determination to go out and show themselves to be capable of playing at this level. Some of them need a rocket up their butts to get them going and I dont think Ole,Mike,Carrick and McKenna are capable of doing it.

We're just slowly cruising with no direction and people seem quite content with that.

Drz

It's fecking shocking. Attack has to be the priority area to upgrade.
Now that some surgery has been done to the defensive department. Yes, the cohesion between midfield and attack can be addressed.

Drz

Don't get me wrong, Lukaku is average but we are obviously worse without him. It was crazy not to sign a replacement first before selling him.Why was there the need to risk it ?
Maybe Lukaku was let go regardless, because he was toxic in the dressing room? I'm not an expert in gardening but don't you pluck out the weeds before planting good seeds to grow?

Mickson

Where are all the people who said we didn't need Lukaku? I mean, sure he was utter shit but he was actually a striker. A pea shooter against a zombie is still better than trying to slap it in the face with your arse. I couldn't think of a decent metaphor so feck off
Jesus... We. Are. Not. Creating. Chances. It. Does. Not. Matter. If. We. Have. Lewandowski. If. We. Are. Not. Creating. Anything.

Withnail

Jesus... We. Are. Not. Creating. Chances. It. Does. Not. Matter. If. We. Have. Lewandowski. If. We. Are. Not. Creating. Anything.
There have been plenty of crosses when we had no one in the box. I'd wager Lukaku would have been in there causing problems and would have gotten on the end of some of them.

Although there was no way to keep him, given his behaviour I think he would have been a disruptive influence, he should have been replaced.

Mickson

There have been plenty of crosses when we had no one in the box. I'd wager Lukaku would have been in there causing problems and would have gotten on the end of some of them.

Although there was no way to keep him, given his behaviour I think he would have been a disruptive influence, he should have been replaced.
It is the right decision going with Rashford, Martial and giving Greenwood the opportunity. Although they will probably have some problems this season (expected) it will give us more in the long run, right there I'm with Ole. The bigger problem is 1) his tactics (should get more out of the team) and 2) the midfield which needed to be strengthened but was not. We have zero creativity and only Palace and Newcastle have created fewer chances. But maybe people here think we have worse players than Southampton, Sheffield United and Aston Villa, then it's probably normal.

Godfather

It is the right decision going with Rashford, Martial and giving Greenwood the opportunity. Although they will probably have some problems this season (expected) it will give us more in the long run, right there I'm with Ole. The bigger problem is 1) his tactics (should get more out of the team) and 2) the midfield which needed to be strengthened but was not. We have zero creativity and only Palace and Newcastle have created fewer chances. But maybe people here think we have worse players than Southampton, Sheffield United and Aston Villa, then it's probably normal.
It's not the right decision at all.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
We are sorely lacking in quality but,above all else, a real enthusiasm in our play. There's no bounce. No enjoyment. No determination.
Our play is flat and our players look like they rather been somewhere else, illustrated by the majority of our players last night just ambling along.

I do believe alot of our players are mollycoddled too. Some of them dont realise who they're playing for. They seem to lack self motivation and determination to go out and show themselves to be capable of playing at this level. Some of them need a rocket up their butts to get them going and I dont think Ole,Mike,Carrick and McKenna are capable of doing it.

We're just slowly cruising with no direction and people seem quite content with that.
I think you are being a little bit kind there, I wouldn't say mollycoddled, I'd say a bunch of spineless, gutless posers, more concerned with Schilling their latest line of branded shite and what colour to have next year's Bentley than winning football matches. We have gone from warriors like Bruce, Keane, Robson, Cantona and schmeichel to pussies like Shaw, lingard, Mata and rashford, we have no backbone or determination.

United Hobbit

I didn't watch the Leicester game and I know there are various circumstances that make it not exactly the same set up but when you see them continuing to score goal after goal especially in the Southampton game which fair enough they were against 10 men but still 9 goals, then you have us clinging to 1-0 leads and often leading to us conceding and ending up drawing. I think further questions need to be asked. That used to be the United way more often than not unless the game dictates a more conservative approach. Not sitting clinging to 1-0...

Mickson

It's not the right decision at all.
I will rather be eight with Rashford and Greenwood playing than sixth with some dinosaur Mandzukic playing who has no future with us or in the game. But that's just me. That's why I think it's the right decision, Greenwood will be a fantastic player but he can't be that if he won't be played. I can say the same for Rashford (who I think is better as a left-sided striker than a number 9). In that sense, our plan is good and sensible. I just hope that I would see some development regarding our playing style but that's up to our manager and not so much our players imo.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We've scored more than once in just three games since PSG. That's about 25 games.
Some will tell you its because we sold all our attackers in the summer... even though it was an issue before the summer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even if we have Lukaku, doesn’t change the fact that we are lacking quality & creativity in our team which is the reason why we struggle to have a shot. We have seen him enough that Lukaku isn’t a type of player who can create a chance for himself, he needs a provider who can supply him good service. So stop using non sense excuse about us selling him, it won’t change the fact that we are poor in creating chance.

If there is one man in our current squad to make us more open in creating chances is Pogba. Playing him in advanced role will give us a better chance to score more than one goal in a game. Really hope we are signing a midfield in January.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We’ve got Rashford and Martial (ok the latters been injured). You’d expect us to score more than we are.
And what else do we have? Who are there to create goal scoring chances? We've got Lingard as a starter with Mata, Pereira, Greenwood, Chong and Gomes as our backup whilst relying on Daniel James who has only played 1 season of championship football.

With the squad that we have we should be playing defensive football and relying on counter-attacks for goal. 1-0 wins is as good as we can hope for.

Godfather

I will rather be eight with Rashford and Greenwood playing than sixth with some dinosaur Mandzukic playing who has no future with us or in the game. But that's just me. That's why I think it's the right decision, Greenwood will be a fantastic player but he can't be that if he won't be played. I can say the same for Rashford (who I think is better as a left-sided striker than a number 9). In that sense, our plan is good and sensible. I just hope that I would see some development regarding our playing style but that's up to our manager and not so much our players imo.
At the end of the day it's about scoring goals and our attack was never ever going to score enough. It's bad bad planning.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Our goals in the last twenty-five, 25, matches:
0, 1, 2, 1, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1
L, L, W, L, L, W, L, L, L, D, D, L, W, D, L, D, W, W, L, D, D, D, L, D, W

The record to go with it. 13 times that we score once, only 3 wins. The 3 times that we did manage to score once we won.

Bestietom

F@ck, I passed a remark about Ole going grey watching this lot, now I'm going grey myself. Probably be white before the season ends.