12 consecutive games scoring a goal or less

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're lucky if we get more than one shot on target in a game. I can't ever remember a Utd side being so terribly poor at attacking.
Oh Van Gaal's time was dreadful. Almost every home game was 0-0, many home games finished 0-0

I think people just forget the very rare games like 4-2 v City, and forget how utterly tedious it was most of the time, as fans love to say the current is always the best or worst.

Enigma_87

You know who
No excuses. It's mismanagement for years that's done this. No short term fix possible.
yes, we need to do the full cycle and go back to the Championship so that Ole might finally go on another winning streak. :wenger:

Infra-red

Don't get me wrong, Lukaku is average but we are obviously worse without him. It was crazy not to sign a replacement first before selling him.Why was there the need to risk it ?
It was an absolutely ludicrous decision to sell him without securing a replacement, as many said on here at the time.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine selling your top scorer, not replacing him, and then the goals drying up. Imagine that!

Madness, I just can't believe it!

And for the inevitable smart arse who brings up Ruud, we still had Rooney, Ronaldo, Saha, Ole & Smith.

fergiesarmy1

it would be helpful if the most expensive midfielder in the world played once or twice.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Oh Van Gaal's time was dreadful. Almost every home game was 0-0, many home games finished 0-0

I think people just forget the very rare games like 4-2 v City, and forget how utterly tedious it was most of the time, as fans love to say the current is always the best or worst.
15/16 we had 25 league games scoring 1 or fewer, and then 10 remaining games in all competitions of 1 or fewer goals.
So 35 games of 1 or less goals in 59 games that year. This season is 12 out of 13...not pretty.

Josep Dowling

Standards have dropped so much it’s beyond a joke. This club at a minimum should be expected to make the top 6, bare minimum.

With the budget we have top 4 should be easy, and given we have an £80m CB and a £90m CM there is simply no excuse for how bad this team has become.

Why are fans just saying ‘next year’, ‘give it time’. There is no time in football anymore. If you have a bad season at Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea - out the door you go. And a bad season for them is not winning a trophy ffs.

Mcking

Our goals in the last twenty-five, 25, matches:
0, 1, 2, 1, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1
Last 12 games' in binary.

fergiesarmy1

The one you consider pointless ? Is he gaining importance to your eyes now ?
I’d rather he was playing than not, would I sell him first chance I get? Absolutely.

I guess more people are on board with my opinion than we last discussed this given his recent contribution while picking up £1m a month.

Josep Dowling

They clearly tried, Woodward clearly failed. Again
The manager has one target and if we didn’t get them said ‘we will wait’. It’s such a stupid concept.

I can tell we haven’t bought a RW because we want Sancho, even though he will never join us without Champions League football. So we have decided to start the season with no RW on the hope we get him next season. He’s never going to join!

Similarly with CM, we want Longstaff for some ridiculous reason. There are better, cheaper options out there. Tielemans and Van Der Beek would have been better options but no, let’s wait 12 months without numbers in midfield then spend £50m on an average English player.

Icardi has 5 goals in 6 games for PSG. Inter wanted him gone. Hardly the most difficult transfer to get done when Inter wanted Lukaku and then got Sanchez as well!

Haaland and his ties to Solskjaer. Nope we can’t compete with the mighty Salzburg.

fergiesarmy1

The manager has one target and if we didn’t them said ‘we will wait’. It’s such a stupid concept.

I can tell we haven’t bought a RW because we want Sancho, even though he will never join us without Champions League football. So we have decided to start the season with no RW on the hope we get him next season.

Similarly with CM, we want Longstaff for some ridiculous reason. There are better, cheaper options out there. Tielemans and Van Der Beek would have been better options but no, let’s wait 12 months without a numbers in midfield then spend £50m on average English player.
Agree with you on most points there apart from one, a rookie manager does not refuse every target knowing his career lives or dies on these decisions.

There were missed targets, trust me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
15/16 we had 25 league games scoring 1 or fewer, and then 10 remaining games in all competitions of 1 or fewer goals.
So 35 games of 1 or less goals in 59 games that year. This season is 12 out of 13...not pretty.
I'd fear what the stat is back into last season as well...i'm not sure we were scoring many in the last 2 months of last year!

It's almost like going into a season with an injury prone on/off guy, and a 21 year old who is better on the wing wasn't enough!!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’d rather he was playing than not, would I sell him first chance I get? Absolutely.

I guess more people are on board with my opinion than we last discussed this given his recent contribution while picking up £1m a month.
Believe it or not, I agree with you. If the fee is high enough and we can strengthen the team, we should do it.

SteveCoppellFan

Attacking wise, hopefully we will be much better with Martial and Pogba back playing well.

They make such a difference to us going forward.

Skills

Snitch
...i'm not sure we were scoring many in the last 2 months of last year!

It's almost like going into a season with an injury prone on/off guy, and a 21 year old who is better on the wing wasn't enough!!

kouroux

:eek: - I’ll convince you on Ole next :lol:
You haven't convinced me on anything. I just don't like unfair and crazy criticism on any player, having said that the club will always be the priority and if like Coutinho with Liverpool, we can get a nice fee and reinvest on the team, I'd be all for it. I simply think he's the least of our problems

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow we do have two 2s in there though!!

I might have to go to OT again soon...I saw the 4-0 and that's my lot so far.

Whereas last year I was a right old jinx, think I saw about 2 wins in 10 games! Almost saw as many goals v Chelsea as in the whole prevo season!!!

fergiesarmy1

You haven't convinced me on anything. I just don't like unfair and crazy criticism on any player, having said that the club will always be the priority and if like Coutinho with Liverpool, we can get a nice fee and reinvest on the team, I'd be all for it. I simply think he's the least of our problems
That’s why I haven’t been in the pogba thread much recently apart from the fact he’s a lazy bum who can’t be arsed, he is a sideshow at this point. Hopefully we can get a few quid but I think Liverpool got great value for coutinho we are going to be lucky to get our money back at the rate pogba is going sadly.

kouroux

That’s why I haven’t been in the pogba thread much recently apart from the fact he’s a lazy bum who can’t be arsed, he is a sideshow at this point. Hopefully we can get a few quid but I think Liverpool got great value for coutinho we are going to be lucky to get our money back at the rate pogba is going sadly.
Now I recognize you, with the insults out of nowhere. A guy cannot catch a break even when he is injured

edgar allan

Standards have dropped so much it’s beyond a joke. This club at a minimum should be expected to make the top 6, bare minimum.

With the budget we have top 4 should be easy, and given we have an £80m CB and a £90m CM there is simply no excuse for how bad this team has become.

Why are fans just saying ‘next year’, ‘give it time’. There is no time in football anymore. If you have a bad season at Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea - out the door you go. And a bad season for them is not winning a trophy ffs.
No forwards or goal scorers though and our 90 million CM isn't that good so top 4 would be a stretch tbf.

RUCK4444

Don't get me wrong, Lukaku is average but we are obviously worse without him. It was crazy not to sign a replacement first before selling him.Why was there the need to risk it ?
I agree it was crazy to let him go without a replacement, but I place the blame with Ed.
There’s no way Ole would have let him go without fully expecting a replacement.

If Ole were more outspoken and egotistical like Mourinho I’m sure we would hear his actual side of things on it.

We are desperate for another option up front, you could argue we don’t have a true number 9.

Rashford blows hot and cold and Martial needs a personality transplant.

izec

The first season not one home game finished 0-0 in all competitions. The second season only 5 home games finished 0-0 in all competitions.

Ole is the worst of them all, van Gaal was champagne football compared to the utter dreadful state we are now in. If he wasnt a legend here, people would tear him apart. As soon as someone starts with swearing, threads appear with respect and all that shit that wont help us. Fact is, Ole needs to be sacked ASAP

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The first season not one home game finished 0-0 in all competitions. The second season only 5 home games finished 0-0 in all competitions.

Ole is the worst of them all, van Gaal was champagne football compared to the utter dreadful state we are now in. If he wasnt a legend here, people would tear him apart. As soon as someone starts with swearing, threads appear with respect and all that shit that wont help us. Fact is, Ole needs to be sacked ASAP
5 home games 0-0 is pretty dreadful.
Us being poor now doesn't make van gaals spell any sort of utopia.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It’s awful to watch, I’m relieved the Norwich game isn’t on tv.

One day I hope we appoint a manager who actually has some kind of attacking game plan. This is the 4th one in a row who basically just wants individuals to so it all for them.
I doubt that was the case for Van Gaal.

izec

5 home games 0-0 is pretty dreadful.
Us being poor now doesn't make van gaals spell any sort of utopia.
It doesnt. Even if we came right from Fergie to this, Ole would still need to go. The good thing is he will get time, so anyone thinking we will improve with time will have an eye opener at some point. Some will realise it in a few weeks, others in Januray, and others at the end of the season. Some never and will think like Moyesie, where 6 years are needed to have some success. Watching the games, the only thing left is hope.

Ekeke

We just need another ball playing CB to create for us. Then we can go 3 at the back with our CBs being our playmakers

And if that doesnt work we could try playing 4 ball playing CBs

Skills

Snitch
We just need another ball playing CB to create for us. Then we can go 3 at the back with our CBs being our playmakers

And if that doesnt work we could try playing 4 ball playing CBs
:lol:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Our last 12 games in binary is the letter û. I hope this information serves you well.