12 consecutive games scoring a goal or less

Mickson

At the end of the day it's about scoring goals and our attack was never ever going to score enough. It's bad bad planning.
And I think they would score more if our midfield was better and we created more chances. Aguero wouldn't score many more at United than Martial or Rashford. I still think its because of our dire football and our lack of an actual game plan.

ryansgirl

Well, if the latest rumour on espn is to be believed, Real Madrid are prepared to pay us 90 million pounds plus throw in Gareth Bale for Paul Pogba. That would most likely be the end of our goal drought right there although I don't want to see Paul go.

I've swung from a Bale is disinterested and losing his powers position to any goal in the present circumstances is a great goal and he's a proven goalscorer. However, is Gareth Bale still the kind of 'Don't want to come to Manchester' player whose heart would not be in coming to Old Trafford? That does seem likely given the lifestyle he enjoys in Madrid.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Well, if the latest rumour on espn is to be believed, Real Madrid are prepared to pay us 90 million pounds plus throw in Gareth Bale for Paul Pogba. That would most likely be the end of our goal drought right there although I don't want to see Paul go.

I've swung from a Bale is disinterested and losing his powers position to any goal in the present circumstances is a great goal and he's a proven goalscorer. However, is Gareth Bale still the kind of 'Don't want to come to Manchester' player whose heart would not be in coming to Old Trafford? That does seem likely given the lifestyle he enjoys in Madrid.
Yeah I understand the thinking but I can’t help but feel he’s the wrong player at the wrong end of an injury ridden career with the wrong attitude to come and ‘dig’ is out of the deep hole we’re currently in. It could go terribly wrong.

Red_Aaron

It's just Madrid papers trying to stir up some drama around Paul, possibly to appease their fans into thinking that they're trying to get him.

We don't want bale, I doubt he wants to come here and Pogba won't be sold until the summer and even then they'll have to find a far better deal than that to land him

redIndianDevil

We were never going to be able to solve the 3 departments last summer. Defence is looking better - midfield needs work as well as does obviously up front.

Never expected the solution to happen this season it's fix one thing at a time. Hopefully two by next season.
Defence is looking better because all we do is concede possession and defend, the moment we try to go all out attacking, our defence would get shredded to bits.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Defence is looking better because all we do is concede possession and defend, the moment we try to go all out attacking, our defence would get shredded to bits.
Ah come on AWB plus Maguire is a foundation which will be a long term gain. The work now needs to be midfield and upfront and if Ole can't do it at least we have a foundation

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ah come on AWB plus Maguire is a foundation which will be a long term gain. The work now needs to be midfield and upfront and if Ole can't do it at least we have a foundation
The Cat, I am convinced now that you are wumming us.
First you say that 14th place is fine and that we weren't going to win anything this season.
Then you say that Ole needs more time, to come up with a way to score more than 1 goal in a game.
Now you are talking about foundations (which LVG zealots used to harp on about).

At first I thought you were serious, but my friend, consider yourself busted!

:p

Untd55

Since his permanent appointment, we have scored 0.84 goals per game. I think that says it all.

Godfather

And I think they would score more if our midfield was better and we created more chances. Aguero wouldn't score many more at United than Martial or Rashford. I still think its because of our dire football and our lack of an actual game plan.
Well it's a mixture of everything of course but our personell up front is shit.

The Cat

First you say that 14th place is fine and that we weren't going to win anything this season.
Then you say that Ole needs more time, to come up with a way to score more than 1 goal in a game.
Now you are talking about foundations (which LVG zealots used to harp on about).

Can you quote me on 14th is fine? :D

The Cat

Can you quote me on 14th is fine? :D
Hello?

Ballist1x

3 centre backs and a total of 5 defenders against a team with 1 striker ...

And you wonder why we don't score goals!?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he's scored more than both still, but generally you're right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sounds an even worse deal than when it was supposed to happen in the summer!

Bale has never given even the slightest indication he'd want to come to us, and I don't even remember him ever having a positive word on us.

To get him now really would be desperation, after strongly avoiding it beforehand.

Unless - it's a loan on reduced wages without a permanent obligation, as he'd still be better than Lingard/Mata/Pereira./our left wingers who don't like playing there