200m budget for this summer

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Do you think the club will simply bomb him out? Or work with him over a porlonged period of rehab and counselling?
I would like to think they would just bomb him out, irrespective of his talent. The backlash would be too strong (one would hope).

SirAnderson

This. I hate how gullible some folk are. The word WAR CHEST and Man United are constantly put together whenever a new manager or new season rolls on. Proper thumb sucking. Media have NO clue how much funds will be given to ETH.

But yeah, let's discuss it as an opinion, doesn't hurt, just not a fact.

Blood Mage

It's not about how much we spend but who we spend it on. We have to be smart about our business this summer, and by that I mean not blowing most of the budget on Declan Rice.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Erik Ten Hag, won’t know what to do with himself with £200m after being Ajax coach.
Why is that? Ajax is a rich club, being able to buy any player they want(for their level).
But usually Ajax will go for a player from the academy and if they buy, it's still gonna be a good deal, so not 40 million for a player, even though they can.

davidmichael

There’s plenty of value in the market this summer and free transfers in positions we need to fill like Mazraoui, Rudiger, Kamara, Dembele and Januzaj who are all better than anything we have in those positions then there’s Timber and Antony at Ajax who have worked with Ten Hag and could maybe be got for a combined £70 million.

We have Laird, Mengi, Garner, Mejbri and Shoretire all ready to step up properly into the first team squad. We can move on Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Williams, Matic, Pereira, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Chong, Martial and Cavani and it wouldn’t affect us at all yet would free up a lot of money and bring some in too.

Deery

Dreary
Why is that? Ajax is a rich club, being able to buy any player they want(for their level).
But usually Ajax will go for a player from the academy and if they buy, it's still gonna be a good deal, so not 40 million for a player, even though they can.
Not £40m no, because their record transfer is £20m. No point trying to pretend Ajax is some sort of powerhouse simply for arguments sake when their whole squad cost £80m.

laughtersassassin

It's not about how much we spend but who we spend it on. We have to be smart about our business this summer, and by that I mean not blowing most of the budget on Declan Rice.
This Summer it's about both. We need a minimum 6 signings as Rangick has said.

Realisticly we need even more than that.

Devil81

Signing Christian Eriksen for free would be brilliant piece of business.

It would certainly add depth and experience to the squad.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Not £40m no, because their record transfer is £20m. No point trying to pretend Ajax is some sort of powerhouse simply for arguments sake when their whole squad cost £80m.
Because 40m isn't a good deal from Ajax' perspective, because there's gonna be no profit to make from that deal. But they could pay the 40 million. No point in trying to pretend Ajax is some sort of very poor club that can't buy anything.

jackal&hyde

It's a good budget if we spend it on the right players. 3 or 4 players in and a couple of youngsters should put us on the right track. We still have some very talented players that can and should show a lot more then what we've seen this season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
£200m looks a huge amount but if that's SPEND and net is lower, then maybe.

What I would say is if we're going to get a manager that seems to tick the boxes, his Asst, sort the scouting out, etc BUT not back him... that puts a lot of onus on him being able to coach players like Maguire into top defenders.

Aarons. £25m
Tchouameni. £60m
Anthony. £60m
Timber. £45m

£190m but hopefully sell Maguire (£20m+), AWB (£15m+), Martial OR Rashford ... offset spend to nearer £120m-£130m but sorts four key positions with young players who TH knows or appear to fit his type of player.

Plus we're slashing our wage bill from those above being sold as well as the ones leaving at end of contract (5, 6?)

@Terranova as an Ajax fan, what's acceptable price for above two players?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hoping rather than squander that money he fills the team with academy players and buys only a few players. More importantly is the outgoings of which I hope there are many.

Deery

Dreary
I’ve no idea what the manager is going to do but I just hope he has a great eye for a player because if we are honest that’s all we really lack and something tells me Ten Hag is a lot more clued in than Ole or Mourinho when it comes to transfers..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd say given all the names I've read with the slightest connection, I'd rank them for each position like:
DM:
  1. Tchouameni
  2. Rice
  3. Kamara
  4. Phillips
Wing:
  1. Antony
  2. Raphinha
  3. Nkunku
ST:
  1. Darwin
  2. Kane
  3. Richarlison
Kane's not even realistic, but couldn't think of anyone else we've been linked with. Nothing wrong with Nkunku really, just don't think we need another right footed winger/attacker who isn't a striker.

Deery

Dreary
Because 40m isn't a good deal from Ajax' perspective, because there's gonna be no profit to make from that deal. But they could pay the 40 million. No point in trying to pretend Ajax is some sort of very poor club that can't buy anything.
Was he ever promised £200m at Ajax?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why would a club announce to every man and his dog the amount they're allocating to spend in a window?

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Was he ever promised £200m at Ajax?
Not, but you fail to realize that Ajax has less revenue overall. So relative to the revenue of Ajax(around 100 million), the 200m seems about the bit less that he could spend at Ajax.

That said, i'm not sure you want Ten Hag buying players. You'll end up with players like Haller :lol:

Deery

Dreary
Not, but you fail to realize that Ajax has less revenue overall. So relative to the revenue of Ajax(around 100 million), the 200m seems about the bit less that he could spend at Ajax.

That said, i'm not sure you want Ten Hag buying players. You'll end up with players like Haller :lol:
I’d snap your hand of for Haller right now :lol:

eire-red

This. I hate how gullible some folk are. The word WAR CHEST and Man United are constantly put together whenever a new manager or new season rolls on. Proper thumb sucking. Media have NO clue how much funds will be given to ETH.

But yeah, let's discuss it as an opinion, doesn't hurt, just not a fact.
Didn't we spend like £150m on Maguire, AWB and Dan James in Ole's first summer? A pretty significant chunk of £200m.

I don't like the Glazers, but every manager here since SAF has been backed financially. The problem has been who has been spending it (both managers and Woodward).

I think ETH will have plenty of funds between investment and outgoings to build a squad. The focus now lies with ETH, Rangnick and Murtough on how they will construct a winning team.

Fridge chutney

Declan Rice - 35M
Anthony - 15M
Kounde - 20M

And we would still have 130M left to round out the squad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So the new signings don’t get wages? They play for free?
Duh, 200m is also part of the wages structure which up to the manager and director to organise it.

So if 200m is to spend for striker and 2 midfielders then we could get this:
Striker = 60m
DM = 60m
CM/AM = 60m
That’s 180m

20m for 3 players wages (if we need more then we could use Dean's wages since Dean is leaving anyway). And also I forgot to add Grant's salary 1.5m. Another to add there.

And then winger plus centre back (depending on departures as per report)
Dean + Martial + Rashford + Bailly + Jones = 25m + 22.5m + 40m + 12.5m + 0m = 100m

Selling Martial and Rashford also open more space for wages space since they both are on high wages.

Not saying it is fact but it's very realistic considered how many players we have are leaving.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Duh, 200m is also part of the wages structure which up to the manager and director to organise it.

So if 200m is to spend for striker and 2 midfielders then we could get this:
Striker = 60m
DM = 60m
CM/AM = 60m
That’s 180m

20m for 3 players wages (if we need more then we could use Dean's wages since Dean is leaving anyway). And also I forgot to add Grant's salary 1.5m. Another to add there.

And then winger plus centre back (depending on departures as per report)
Dean + Martial + Rashford + Bailly + Jones = 25m + 22.5m + 40m + 12.5m + 0m = 100m

Selling Martial and Rashford also open more space for wages space since they both are on high wages.

Not saying it is fact but it's very realistic considered how many players we have are leaving.
players will be amortised, I wouldn't be surprised if you spent more than £200m on transfers if the likes of Pogba, Rashford etc leave along with all those players like Martial

SirAnderson

Didn't we spend like £150m on Maguire, AWB and Dan James in Ole's first summer? A pretty significant chunk of £200m.

I don't like the Glazers, but every manager here since SAF has been backed financially. The problem has been who has been spending it (both managers and Woodward).

I think ETH will have plenty of funds between investment and outgoings to build a squad. The focus now lies with ETH, Rangnick and Murtough on how they will construct a winning team.
But not 200Mil as was probably report at the time. Point I was making is that the media are thumb sucking out of nothing and are doing what is a guestimate, not hard to do, but not because they got it from a credible source.

So no fullbacks?

Well, 200m for striker and 2 midfielders is possible.
Striker = 62.5m
DM = 60m
CM/AM = 62.5m
That’s 185m

And then winger plus centre back (depending on departures)
Dean + Martial + Rashford + Bailly = 25m + 22.5m + 40m + 12.5m = 100m plus 10m from the 200m budget.

Winger = 55m
CB = 55m

That’s enough money to get those 5 positions.
We definitely need at least one FB, I hope we can go for Tagliafico as i think ETH will get a tune out of Dalot.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It will have to be a smart spending else we won't be getting back to top very soon.

One of Tchouameni, Rice and Philips - Rice is out of budget and Tchouameni won't join us. Means Philips for 50m .

Kamara is a must - free and can play the role as needed. Given how Philips can be injury prone, we need a backup.

Neves or Tielemans- both would be available for 40m.

Antony - 60m

Striker : Nkunku- 50m

Would also sign a cheap back up like weghorst or Dembele for 15-20m.

Young Defender with high Potential (Timber, Braithwaite) 15- 20m

250m total .

Hopefully we can achieve this with some sales.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I’d snap your hand of for Haller right now :lol:
As an Ajax fan, i'd take it.
As an United fan, i'd rather not.

He's not quite good enough for Ten Hags style, but he does score a lot(atleast this season)

Kag

Because last summer was so hideous in the market, which most people with a brain cell or two could see despite the Ronaldo nonsense, we need about six players.

In no way, shape or form is this club capable of managing that sort of business within a single summer window. Useless bastards.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Of course they would, one of England's top international performers if the last several years, included in Euro 2022 team of the tournament. Yes he has been awful shit this season but I don't think that's his level.

If Tammy Abraham can go for 40m and Dan James for 26m then Maguire would easily fetch 40. We are usually shit at selling players but that needs to change.
No they wouldn't.

Tammy Abraham and Dan James weren't on £200k+ a week either.

Wallez

I never play football manager.

Pau Torres - my thinking is Bailey came from Villareal so they may take him back in a swap/part ex for torres.
Martial - Obviously riddled with mental health and confidence issues, ETH can give him a fresh start, we cant simply burn him - hes here for 2 years so we have to try and get him to work or pay his contract up £27mil and feck him off.
Out of contract players -

James Tarkowski (Burnley)

Christian Eriksen (Brentford)

Sean Longstaff (Newcastle)

Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal)

Jeffrey Schlupp (Crystal Palace)

Teemu Pukki (Norwich City)

Pukki - 20 goals a season for us? Erikson - I'd take him, Longstaff - we were quoted £50mill for him a few years ago. Tarkowski - loves a tackle.

Why not take a punt on some solid pros? Or do we just spunk another £98mill on a primadonna? Di Maria, Pogba etc?

You cant have it both ways.
While Tarkowski has been solid in a low defensive line, I think he would struggle in a higher line. The others are simply not good enough, but Eriksen may be a good shout.He would suit Ten Hag perfectly in terms of pressing high and keeping possesion. Nketiah may be an interesting alternative as backup striker if we let go of Cavani, Ronaldo and maybe even Martial.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We definitely need at least one FB, I hope we can go for Tagliafico as i think ETH will get a tune out of Dalot.
Tagliafico is not even ETH regular left back. Majority that Ajax team is average players, they look good due to the manager.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
200m! wow.

Go for free option first. There are lots of quality players for free to increase the quality of the squad and provide depth in bench.

goptun

200m with no Champions League football, the Glazers are spending, cant deny that.
*the club's own money. The club generates huge sums of money which the Glazer's allow to be reinvested, after they take their dividends and service the debt they leveraged on the club following their buyout.