2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fener1907

On the plus side, gives me hope that Corbyn could win. Also, if he has a ridiculously bad four years, the Dems will destroy the GOP in 2020.
I don't think Corbyn's nearly hateful enough. People prefer an option that allows them to express their ugly feelings. They'd predict a Labour win, but UKIP would probably become the second party instead.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not American and even I really find this pissing off. To see that absolute shitbag of a man win an election that makes him the world's nost powerful man is just wrong. Well done, America.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Because polls are absolutely crap -- I know in a parliamentary system it's different with a majority needed to become PM, but the gist of what I'm saying is that polls are never to be trusted.
Fecking polls. Told me Netanjahu would lose, no Brexit, no Trump. Why can't they be wrong when projecting bad events ffs?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Again, BBC still using a huge picture of Clinton smiling and an awful picture of Trump. Embarrassing coverage. Also, they seem to be avoiding saying any sentence with Trump and president in it.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I don't think Corbyn's nearly hateful enough. People prefer an option that allows them to express their ugly feelings. They'd predict a Labour win, but UKIP would probably become the second party instead.
I don't think it's just hatred (Sanders had a similar movement). It's disgust with the status quo and establishment politics.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Some mentions that the Wayne results in MI may not include any of Detroit itself. Not overly hopeful but one last straw to clutch.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
feck it, I hope the talks of increased racial attacks also turns out to be wrong. Thats all I care about now.

DM07

Surely Clinton can't win without New Hampshire. Trumps in the lead there.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't understand the concern about PA at 538 and here. Looking at NYT it seems that the remaining votes are spread across the state.
WI and MI are following the OH trend in terms of him outperforming his polls, and will sink her.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Because polls are absolutely crap -- I know in a parliamentary system it's different with a majority needed to become PM, but the gist of what I'm saying is that polls are never to be trusted.
But the way in which they're failing is all going one way - towards right wing populism, xenophobia and anti-enlightenment politics. I don't see there being enough potential Jeremy voters in the country even if the stories fall apart. Left wing politics may have to wait for the next economic depression.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I hope Trump is actually a liberal who used discontent within the GOP to get into office. In other words, I hope he doesn't believe a word of the stuff he's said in the last two years.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
But the way in which they're failing is all going one way - towards right wing populism, xenophobia and anti-enlightenment politics. I don't see there being enough potential Jeremy voters in the country even if the stories fall apart. Left wing politics may have to wait for the next economic depression.
Maybe, but I think it's more the Sanders' effect I'm referring to. There's also an overlap between far right and far left with dissatisfaction for the establishment -- both hate it at the moment.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I hope Trump is actually a liberal who used discontent within the GOP to get into office. In other words, I hope he doesn't believe a word of the stuff he's said in the last two years.
Honestly, he would probably be murdered by one of those nutters out there currently believing he is God's chosen one to save America and bring it back to glory (i.e. in favor of white males).

Status
Not open for further replies.