2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonas

Scout
So he gave the unifying speech. I think Donald Trump is mad but obviously not as much as a lunatic he made himself out to be. My big worry is when he stops talking about walls and sending everybody back home...the real lunatics who voted for him are going to be VERY VERY angry.
I never thought he would actually be as horrible as he claims. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts backtracking now and you are right, his supporters will be VERY. The problem with this election is not 4 years with him, it's that it revealed a side of people we thought got rid of in the dark ages.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm pretty shocked and disappointed that Hillary didn't talk to her crowd. Its pretty unprecedented.

Abizzz

He nipped that in the bud by complimenting her service.
Yeah he gave that corner of the room a prolonged stare of death too. Seems he wants to shed the far right just as fast as he wants to win the middle. There might be more Regan in him than I thought.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I see the term marginalized I assume income would be a part of it.
No its not just about income, its about the fact that the left didn't appeal to a large group of people. Their views and issues didn't matter or (even worse were labelled as stupid and idiotic). Same happened here with Brexit, if you do that then you allow room for someone like Trump/Farage to exploit and take advantage.

I still don't understand why countries/politicians just can't have a sensible debate about immigration for instance, its just silly.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can't see tweets at work
Ah right. Basically it shows the age breakdown. Clinton wins 18-29 and 30-34 year olds, Trump wins all older groups. 18-29 year old group show the clearest win for any candidate among the age groups, 55%/37% in Clintons favour. Those younger two age groups also contain the highest number of other/3rd party candidates voters, who apparently also lean more towards Clinton than Trump.

Charlie Foley

They had a guy who would've destroyed trump and brought about real change but the stupid bastards went for 4 more years of lining their own pockets and cheated Sanders out of it. This is their own fault, no way could Clinton be allowed to run the country.
Now the country has to deal with the consequences.
Agree with you on that

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
The simpsons warned us 16 years ago to be honest. Can only blame ourselves to let that future happen.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ah right. Basically it shows the age breakdown. Clinton wins 18-29 and 30-34 year olds, Trump wins all older groups. 18-29 year old group show the clearest win for any candidate among the age groups, 55%/37% in Clintons favour. Those younger two age groups also contain the highest number of other/3rd party candidates voters, who apparently also lean more towards Clinton than Trump.
That I don't see as a surprise. But it should be broken down further. For instance young people who were not in college mainly voted Trump.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I went to sleep. He did win in the end. A winner. Feck this shit.

pjaya

Sorry one genuine question
Since GOP with president senate house control meaning whatever laws they pass will be much easier now?

Is there any check and balance?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Since GOP with president senate house control meaning whatever laws they pass will be much easier now?

The only real silver lining is that instead of them bitching, anything bad that happens now is solely on them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Even though the Congress and President will be Republican, there is no guarantee they will always agree on policy. And that's not to mention the Democrats who will surely consolidate to push back on certain Trump policies.

Theonas

Scout
Looking down on them probably doesnt help either! If the left dont bring these people with them but instead treat them as stupid idiots then its not suprising they'll vote for someone like Trump
I am not leftie. I think the entire idea of political parties lands itself to corruption and binary thinking by definition. I just despise corrupted double faced racists more than double faced overly sensitive liberals. One is disgusting, the other is merely irritating.

pjaya

The only real silver lining is that instead of them bitching, anything bad that happens now is solely on them.
Thanks
But don't you think it's dangerous for a single party control so much power?
All bribery and mis usage of power will not be check?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Thanks
But don't you think it's dangerous for a single party control so much power?
All bribery and mis usage of power will not be check?
Yep.

I prefer not to think about it to be honest :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That I don't see as a surprise. But it should be broken down further. For instance young people who were not in college mainly voted Trump.
Break it down all you like. The figures will still show the younger generation were largely against Trump.

littlepeasoup

You won't necessarily have every Republican voting on every issue put forward, it's obviously more ideal to have a Hose and Senate majority, but it's no guarantee you'll be able to pass just anything.

The affordable health care act will be straight out the window however.

pjaya

Even though the Congress and President will be Republican, there is no guarantee they will always agree on policy. And that's not to mention the Democrats who will surely consolidate to push back on certain Trump policies.
But once a party start whipping exercise, the senate have to follow isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.