2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
So the people in Trump's reddit were right and the people in here were wrong. I feel like a fool. I was reading them with such an air of superiority thinking "how can these idiots still believe they'll win".

I think we all need to take a look at ourselves from time to time.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
From what I saw he run very heavily on "crooked Hillary" and he actually claimed he'd have her prosecuted, even today people at the event were chanting "lock her up", so I'm wondering if something dawned on the people who truly believe in everything he said when the first words of his speech were praise for Clinton.

Utdstar01

Guys...what the feck? I went to bed last night with everyone seemingly sure of a Clinton win at the point Florida had 85% votes in and I've just woke up to this!!

pjaya

No one has to follow it. Each member of Congress can vote as they please, although they usually galvanize around party policies.
Ok thanks
Keep the faith hope next time he will be out

podurban2

Might deactivate Facebook for a while, it's just riddled with people who are triggered. It's a democracy, ffs.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I'm pretty shocked and disappointed that Hillary didn't talk to her crowd. Its pretty unprecedented.
it's that kind of thing that let this happen, tbh. she's not a good person and is/was just as unfit to lead as trump.

pjaya

You won't necessarily have every Republican voting on every issue put forward, it's obviously more ideal to have a Hose and Senate majority, but it's no guarantee you'll be able to pass just anything.

The affordable health care act will be straight out the window however.
Thanks

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So the people in Trump's reddit were right and the people in here were wrong. I feel like a fool. I was reading them with such an air of superiority thinking "how can these idiots still believe they'll win".

Bill Mitchell is suddenly Nostradamus.

x42bn6

Even though the Congress and President will be Republican, there is no guarantee they will always agree on policy. And that's not to mention the Democrats who will surely consolidate to push back on certain Trump policies.
2018 is going to be an absolute bloodbath for the Democrats, who never do well in mid-terms to begin with anyway. By that point, it's going to be closer to the UK Parliament after the next election - token opposition by Labour (Democrats in the US). And 2020 looks awful for the Democrats too - if Hillary is the best "standard" candidate, how is an inferior one going to win? Kanye West is probably the best choice for 2020 if Trump is anything to go by.

Even if they don't agree, look at how the Tea Party Caucus made life difficult for moderate Republicans and Paul Ryan - they will be emboldened by this. Republicans will largely fall-in line, offering maybe minor amendments or demands at most. Some, like Rand Paul, may stick to their principles, but quite frankly there are not many of those in the GOP. Look at what happened to John McCain!

Miscemayl

Sorry one genuine question
Since GOP with president senate house control meaning whatever laws they pass will be much easier now?

Is there any check and balance?
No, pretty much green light for all Republican agendas...

McUnited

It's not opinion hombre, it's the sense of decency, mutual respect and understanding and actually knowing shit. Piss off to Breitbart.com, you are ruining the child killing grandmothers election win for us.
Comiserations on this historic day. I hope your anger will subside soon.
May Trump be a great president!

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Guys...what the feck? I went to bed last night with everyone seemingly sure of a Clinton win at the point Florida had 85% votes in and I've just woke up to this!!
I don't fecking know mate. I went to bed in tears with my disabled lawyer cousin in years as well. I'm back up and just drinking again. This is such shit. America you're a bunch of morons (not you guys on this site)

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

It was the same for Brexit actually.

Thr Caf thought it would never happen, yet it did. I think the majority views on here are actually the minority views today in global politics

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Largely left leaning Assange will probably be thrilled about David Duke's support...

McUnited

Just realised it was you who said this.

The fecking irony :lol: "I don't like you disagreeing with me so you're an echo chamber and I'm leaving". Come on...

McUnited

Yes, when you're argument revolves around a set of extremely stupid points, nobody is going to take you seriously.

Having an opposing view is fine, but back it up with something more solid than whatever it is you came up with.

McUnited

That's a shame, I'd genuinely like to hear what kind of policies he has on protecting christian values. When you're finished wiping give it another go

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Why do so many people think Sanders would have won? Surely there's no way someone that far left would have a hope of winning an election in America?

McUnited

I like @McUnited. He just wants Trump because he'll grab Christian values from their pussy (in a secular state), nominate justices like Scalia, and prefers crazy yanks being able to get whatever guns they want in order to kill each other. Hey what is wrong with that, at least he doesn't lie like the crazy grandma...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It was the same for Brexit actually.

Thr Caf thought it would never happen, yet it did. I think the majority views on here are actually the minority views today in global politics
To be fair the RNC and Trump's campaign did not think they would win either.

Status
Not open for further replies.