2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He's barely alive.

2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination - ABC News/Wash Post Poll (July 20th)

Clinton 63, Sanders 14, Biden 12, Webb 2, O'Malley 1, Chafee 0

Clinton +49
VP profile boost I'd imagine.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think Webb and O'Malley may well be in the VP pic, along with Evan Bayh and a few others.

Ubik

I think Webb and O'Malley may well be in the VP pic, along with Evan Bayh and a few others.
If it's Webb, and not to be morbid or anything, but who's next in line for the Presidency if the POTUS and VP both die? If I can remember my West Wing correctly it's the Speaker? President Boehner, lording it over all of us.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Sigh... I'm really hoping Bernie gets the nomination this year... Might be the only time I ever vote.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If trump does not get the nomination (because even most Americans are not that crazy)
Could he run as an independent... Ross perot style?
He certainly has the cash and would probably get a lot of media attention (which I think it's fair to say he seems to like)
If he did are there enough Americans who are crazy enough to vote for him that he actually hurts the Republican vote?

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
If trump does not get the nomination (because even most Americans are not that crazy)
Could he run as an independent... Ross perot style?
He certainly has the cash and would probably get a lot of media attention (which I think it's fair to say he seems to like)
If he did are there enough Americans who are crazy enough to vote for him that he actually hurts the Republican vote?
If he stays in the race as the nominee or 3rd party then the Democratic party wins easily. I think if he runs as a 3rd party they'll win by even more.

Kaos

Sigh... I'm really hoping Bernie gets the nomination this year... Might be the only time I ever vote.
He won't.

Best he can do is shift the discussion more to the left. His higher than expected popularity might just force the discussion a little. The same thing is happening in the UK with a similar candidate for the Labour party called Jeremy Corbyn.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's pretty much what it will do - force Hillary to take on a few progressive issues to make sure the base stays happy.

Ubik

From what I've seen of her campaign so far she's been going progressive from the start, lots of talk on inequality and the minimum wage. Sanders isn't really anywhere close to her still so I'm not sure his influence will be all too great. That said, still a while to the primaries.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's early, Hillary was starting from a position of strength. Sanders has done very well, and a more accurate gauge of where each candidate stands will be obtained close to the primaries. But it would be foolish to discount Sanders that early.

Neutral

BTV
Jesus H Christ....

Saying the Iranian nuclear deal will have an impact similar to the Holocaust, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee continued his criticism of President Barack Obama over the weekend.

“It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven,” the 2016 Republican presidential candidate said, during an interview with Breitbart Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/mike-huckabee-iranian-nuclear-deal-120636.html#ixzz3gpsWnGG6

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I just hope that if Bernie's push for free public colleges goes through, by whoever enacts it, will allow my debts to be wiped after the fact. Knowing our government, probably not though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I just hope that if Bernie's push for free public colleges goes through, by whoever enacts it, will allow my debts to be wiped after the fact. Knowing our government, probably not though.
It would be hard to do with a Republican Congress. Probably something Obama should've looked at in his first two years when he had a majority.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
It would be hard to do with a Republican Congress. Probably something Obama should've looked at in his first two years when he had a majority.
Yea I'm not holding my breath, but would be nice to not be in debt $150,000 just for my undergrad.

Charlie Foley

If it's Webb, and not to be morbid or anything, but who's next in line for the Presidency if the POTUS and VP both die? If I can remember my West Wing correctly it's the Speaker? President Boehner, lording it over all of us.
Yeah Speaker is after the VP. I was stuck on the subway today next to a guy practicing for his citizen test so I was reading over his shoulder, all this stuff is fresh in my head :lol:

Kaos

Is Huckabee still around? You would have thought that after being largely ignored in a GOP primary for the 15th time or so, he'd have the dignity to call it quits. He's the epitome of the political turd that won't flush and is only kept remotely relevant by Chuck Norris reminding us of his existence every 4 years.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The love-in for Israel becomes sickening at times. I'm all for having strong relationships with allies, but this is fecking ridiculous.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is Huckabee still around? You would have thought that after being largely ignored in a GOP primary for the 15th time or so, he'd have the dignity to call it quits. He's the epitome of the political turd that won't flush and is only kept remotely relevant by Chuck Norris reminding us of his existence every 4 years.
He kept himself relevant among the right wingers by having a show on Fox, which kept his name and profile alive during the intervening years. It won't matter in the end though, as he'll crash and burn with the rest of the out of touch nutters.

Kaos

He kept himself relevant among the right wingers by having a show on Fox, which kept his name and profile alive during the intervening years. It won't matter in the end though, as he'll crash and burn with the rest of the out of touch nutters.
Oh I'd forgotten about his informative insights on Fox :p

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think Trump will hang around even after his poll numbers inevitably plummet once the GOP nuts finally discover he's merely a self-promoting clown. If there's a god, he will launch an independent candidacy once GOPers boot him.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think Trump will hang around even after his poll numbers inevitably plummet once the GOP nuts finally discover he's merely a self-promoting clown. If there's a god, he will launch an independent candidacy once GOPers boot him.

I don't think he can resist.

Charlie Foley

The love-in for Israel becomes sickening at times. I'm all for having strong relationships with allies, but this is fecking ridiculous.
"At times"? :lol: I agree with you though, it's totally over the top.
Fox are going after Jon Stewart now. This will be good when they lose....again.
The sad thing is, I know plenty of GOP voters who will view it as Fox 'putting Stewart in his place' or something. They really just embarrass themselves by trying to go after him, he is too smart and too quick witted for them. He's also so good at incorporating humour into his destruction of them that they look even worse, he literally makes them look like a joke.

I think America is really going to miss him, I wonder if Noah will be able to handle Fox quite as well.

On a slightly related topic, Shep Smith is one of the few on Fox I can stand.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He's also a comedian, not a journalist. They can't ever win against that because he can just call them cnuts and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.