2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

Whatever happened to that planned press conference by the woman that alleged she was raped by Trump when she was 13 yrs old?

Member 5225

Ok :nervous:

Allegedly raped as a child, doesn't mention for most of her life, he becomes a tycoon and public figure, still no mention, he runs for President, no mention, he gets close to it, no mention....then less than a week away she decides she 'needs' to go public - but suddenly cancels press conference for 'death threats' - ok. Makes sense.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Allegedly raped as a child, doesn't mention for most of her life, he becomes a tycoon and public figure, still no mention, he runs for President, no mention, he gets close to it, no mention....then less than a week away she decides she 'needs' to go public - but suddenly cancels press conference for 'death threats' - ok. Makes sense.
Wasn't the civil suit lined up ages ago? The media just never covered it.

Also she wouldn't be the first person raped as a child not to mention it for most of her life.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I think John Oliver is a bit of a wanker, so, no, haven't seen it. I'm not wound up by it, it just seems odd. As you say, plenty of people change their names, i.e. Jon Stewart, there are plenty of better things to pick on but perhaps it's the desire to ridicule him that's behind it. Like I said, I just don't get it.
The fact he is ridiculed for it started entirely because he himself has ridiculed others for it in the past saying why have they changed their names, they should be proud of their heritage and then lied about it later saying he'd never said it. Because of that, it was discovered that Drumpf was his families name and ergo he should be proud of his heritage and it took off from there.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You do realise that a whole bunch of people have started coming forward together because up until this moment they had literally no chance whatsoever of going up against one of the strongest legal teams in the world.

Could you imagine just one woman going up against him on their own (before all this election stuff), his team would have made her life not worth living, just like he has done to numerous others that dared try. It's a little different now with a huge backing of social media and crowd funding to cover legal costs.

Zarlak

He is a disgusting man, but Hillary is on another level. They cannot be compared for what they have said and done, it's different leagues.

Neo-fascist. Donald Trump. Yea ok.
:lol: You must be a troll. Clinton has said nothing as vile and disgusting about fellow human being as Donald Trump. You're right, they cannot be compared it's different leagues.

Zarlak

Trump might have the temperament of a 5 year old, might incite xenophobia on a daily basis, demean women, have a policy against allowing coloured people access to his properties, regularly refuse to pay contractors, might show complete contempt for the legal process, might want to curtail the freedom on press, might hold life long grudges against people, might have gone bankrupt half a dozen times, might be a trust fund kid who at no point in his life was surrounded by regular people, might surround himself with yes men because he can't handle being told he's wrong about anything, might want to turn NATO into a mafia-style organisation, might have zero grasp on the dangers of nuclear proliferation, or need an grasp on geopolitical realities, might even be an illiterate moron with zero attention spam. But hey, Clinton might be corrupt so, that's definitely much worse.
:lol: Anyone who thinks a sexist, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic man who fecks over everyone he works with, insults war heroes and makes fun of the handicapped, who brags about committing sexual assault and dodging taxes and who recently said someone isn't attractive enough for him to sexually assault in the first place is better than someone who is under investigation for being careless with some emails to hold the most important job in the world needs their head examined.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: Anyone who thinks a sexist, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic man who fecks over everyone he works with, insults war heroes and makes fun of the handicapped, who brags about committing sexual assault and dodging taxes and who recently said someone isn't attractive enough for him to sexually assault in the first place is better than someone who is under investigation for being careless with some emails to hold the most important job in the world needs their head examined.

"BENGAZHI"

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It's kind of reassuring when you read a piece like this that carefully details the painstaking research they did and you realise that there are still journalists out there working with this level of rigour, in contrast to the talking heads and plain liars on television.

Now, who was I arguing with a few days ago about Trump's rhetoric only being about illegal immigrants? :D

Trump, second-generation immigrant on one side and third-generation on the other side of his family, married to someone whose visa could now be revoked according to a strict reading of the laws relating to illegally working on the wrong visa.
Could her "visa" be revoked? she became a U.S. citizen in 2006 so wouldn't that mean she is no longer in the US on a visa?

Her citizenship could be revoked I suppose.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I think the others got there first :D There was a case of a conviction recently where the victim was someone I know who said nothing for 40 years. In fact, it's the second such case I've come across in my personal life, and in both cases I was utterly horrified and totally shocked that something like that had happened to them because they've carried on so well hiding it through their lives. I'm happy to PM you the story if you want to understand how it is possible for someone to be utterly crushed by something like this for most of their adult life and take literally decades to work up the courage to face their accuser.

I will also say that it is worth highlighting that the Trump campaign were very happy to agree with Hillary that every woman should be believed when it suits them.

Zarlak

It's judgement like this that stops people from coming forward in the first place. We really need to leave this archaic thinking behind, it means literally nothing.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yes her citizenship could be revoked as I said, I don't think she is in the US on a visa anymore since she would not need it.
Think we're saying the same thing here :D There is a law that would put her status in the US at risk due to earning on the wrong visa. Fairly substantial amount too, $20k. The likelihood of that law actually being applied is non-existent though. However, it's another in the long line of paradoxes of Trump's campaign.

Charlie Foley

The thing with Cosby, the Irish Catholic Church, I'm guessing Saville (I was living in France when that broke so don't remember it as clearly) would actually undermine your scepticism quite considerably. It's common for legitimate victims of assault-especially kids-to wait until others have stepped forward. The possibility of going up against a person in position of power, a person who did such an act to you, can be terrifying.

When one case does break through and gain traction and support in the public eye, other victims can feel a lot safer to step forward, a lot less isolated, a lot less likely to be shunned, automatically discredited and insulted.

Of course, all this is not to say every accuser is telling the truth-there are instances where people lie about these things, and that is terribly sad be it for the wrongfully accused, or genuine victims having their own situation undermined and discredited. So it's not like it can be stated with certainty 'he did it' (that's what the trial is for). What it does say is that the regularity of such situations which you're dismissing so flippantly is such that to dismiss it in that manner is both naive and ignorant. And to laugh at it...well all I'll say is whether true or false there is nothing funny about an assault allegation

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Why is the state of Maine broken into different electoral vote?

Know could google - but sure where is the fun

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
:lol: you are an utterly clueless and detached-from-reality individual.

InfiniteBoredom

Why is the state of Maine broken into different electoral vote?

Know could google - but sure where is the fun
States legislatures decided how to award their Electoral Vote. Maine award 2 of its electoral votes (representing the Senate seats) to the statewide winner, and one for each Congressional districts winner. Same with Nebraska.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
If Nevada is done and dusted then the only way Trump gets to 270 is by winning every swing state and also winning a solidly leaning blue state like VA, PA, MI, WI or MN.

I guess they'd argue that PA and VA are swing states, but Clinton's been ahead there for months.

cyberman

It's judgement like this that stops people from coming forward in the first place. We really need to leave this archaic thinking behind, it means literally nothing.
Have you read the investigative piece that the Guardian published on it? It all points to a scam.
I also remember reading an article on it ( I can't remember where atm) about mainstream media looking into it and not liking what they found, so are reluctant to go big on it without the alleged victim coming forward. If they can put a face to the story and it's bullshit then they write it off to the con artists, if they go with the story and the con artists keep their identity secret then the blame could be pointed at the journalists verifying the story of sorts.

Zarlak

Have you read the investigative piece that the Guardian published on it? It all points to a scam.
I also remember reading an article on it ( I can't remember where atm) about mainstream media looking into it and not liking what they found, so are reluctant to go big on it without the alleged victim coming forward. If they can put a face to the story and it's bullshit then they write it off to the con artists, if they go with the story and the con artists keep their identity secret then the blame could be pointed at the journalists verifying the story of sorts.
That doesn't have any bearing on what I wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.