2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not complicated really. For most offices the popular vote decides the winner. This would be at the State level or within Congressional districts, governors, mayors, etc.

For the Presidency, you are actually voting for a representative who will vote for President. States are awarded electoral seats based on population. Except for Maine and Nebraska, win the state you get it's electoral votes. Get to 270 electoral votes you win.
So if I live in say, Philadelphia, and I go in to a polling booth, do I not have the option of Hilary or Trump? Or is it that I have to vote for a representative that votes on behalf of the entire state (in which case I'd vote for the democratic rep).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So if I live in say, Philadelphia, and I go in to a polling booth, do I not have the option of Hilary or Trump? Or is it that I have to vote for a representative that votes on behalf of the entire state (in which case I'd vote for the democratic rep).
You vote for Hillary or Trump. Reps pledge to cast electoral votes for winner of state.

Tarrou

If we don't know the amount of overall activity it can be difficult to judge also. If there are not large amounts being bet on an event, then it takes less money to move the odds. Plus the odds being such that the bookies are trying to make sure the make money no matter what the outcome, not trying to predict the actual outcome.
So far £118 million has been matched on Betfair for this market so it's fair to say it takes significant amounts to swing the price +/- 5%. The market dictates the price, not the bookies, so it gives a fairly good impression of where we're at. You can more or less use it as a summary of all the polling data available, but there's obviously other factors at play.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It will say the candidates names and political parties. To add move fun to it, candidates can be the nominee for more than one "party" So you might see something like

Democrat Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine
Republican Donald Trump/Mike Pence
Liberal Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine
Conservative Donald Trump/Mike Pence
Whig Donald Trump/Mike Pence
Legalize It Now Ben and Jerry's

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This has been the best thread in the history of best threads in the CE forum.

EDIT! Stop stalking me Goodman you fecking freak! I thought the Court Order sorted that shit out. Weirdo!

Charlie Foley

Feck me I was only at work 3 hours and came back to like 5 pages and I thought woohooooooo! Something's happened. BUT NO! It was just you random buttheads talking shite as usual. Thanks feckers :( Love you all really x

:lol: nice work, brother.

LULZ! :lol:

That's really not hard though, a drunk Austrian guy yodelling underwater through a Swiss horn is more articulate than The Donald!

:lol:
Complains at us talking shite, laughs at everything we say. Sort your shit @langster

langster

Scout
The guy on CNN really did just say "WE ARE FIRING DEMOCRACY ON ALL 8 CYLINDERS RIGHT HERE TODAY"

He did, honest, and with a straight face too.

Complains at us talking shite, laughs at everything we say. Sort your shit @langster
Aha! my hypocrisy was found out. Well done Columbo :) I'm just in a silly and good mood today. Buzzing with excitement of democracy winning the day and roaring off in to the sunset on the back of its eight cylinders.

Charlie Foley

The guy on CNN really did just say "WE ARE FIRING DEMOCRACY ON ALL 8 CYLINDERS RIGHT HERE TODAY"

He did, honest, and with a straight face too.

Aha! my hypocrisy was found out. Well done Columbo :) I'm just in a silly and good mood today. Buzzing with excitement of democracy winning the day and roaring off in to the sunset on the back of its eight cylinders.
Were they just doing 7 cylinders the last few days?

I'm giddy. This is like political-nerd CL Final for me, can't wait for tonight!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So I just looked at the Twitter timeline of a 'Joe Walsh's (WalshFreedom) and I think I can feel braincells dying from reading it.

Carolina Red

Staff
So I just looked at the Twitter timeline of a 'Joe Walsh's (WalshFreedom) and I think I can feel braincells dying from reading it.
1 term Tea Party representative with a radio show. He said on there a week or so ago that if Trump lost he would "grab his musket"

Nutter

langster

Scout
1 term Tea Party representative with a radio show. He said on there a week or so ago that if Trump lost he would "grab his musket"

Nutter
Yeah, I remember posting that. I didn't have a clue who he was though. He's absolutely batshit.

I wish people would stop giving credibility to the Drumpfs. Has anyone noticed how Ivanka has kept well out of the picture in the last few weeks, she has avoided being seen with her brothers or father and hasn't given any interviews or press articles or anything. I wonder if all is not well in the Drumpf household? It also must be very difficult with her husband working so closely with her dad too.

Drumpf just voted live on TV, he clearly voted for Hillary AND he then said the vote was definitely rigged. Melania voted for Jill Stein.

Abizzz

Trump looking disappointed at booing New Yorkers while entering the polling station is a nice sight to see.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I think the most important question is: Will this thread beat the Pogba one tonight?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If I never hear a comment about a pantsuit again it will be too soon. When did you ever hear a comment about Trump's suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.