2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abizzz

I don't follow his finances enough to debate this, I'm afraid. I would put certain stock in what Forbes say but I'm sure they aren't infallible themselves. I know a lot of his 'self evaluation' comes from what he views the Trump brand as being worth-I don't know if others are doing that too.
I tried to find out pretty much since he declared for the republicans... but there's nothing defintive out there. Which in itself once again points to it being a lot less than he says. One does not accumulate bn's without either selling a company/real estate worth bn's, or owning a company that delivers bn's of profits. Both of which would have left traces if it had happened for him. (Again i'm not saying he's a fraud, i'm just saying he's overstating his wealth vastly).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So.. I know it's said that Hilary is pretty bad, but what has she done make make her so disliked in the US?
She has been the target of right wing media for 25 years - ever since the stay home and bake cookies comment and Bill naming her as the lead on health care in the 90s.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Surely the realisation that more people voting is bad news for you should be an "Are we the bad guys?" moment.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
But they intersect right? :confused:
I don't understand this. How can they only go in opposite directions?
Alright alright chill out folks!

Yes they intersect but if you look at the street sign on the corner, it shows the two going in different directions... make sense?

Apparently quite a tourist hot spot right now!

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
If it's a very competitive race then the scoop takes priority, but generally after the Carter debacle they refrain from doing so since it affects downballot races.
They took a bit of heat with the Reagan - Mondale call also I think. It's been a while but I think they called that one very, very early.

Charlie Foley

I tried to find out pretty much since he declared for the republicans... but there's nothing defintive out there. Which in itself once again points to it being a lot less than he says. One does not accumulate bn's without either selling a company/real estate worth bn's, or owning a company that delivers bn's of profits. Both of which would have left traces if it had happened for him. (Again i'm not saying he's a fraud, i'm just saying he's overstating his wealth vastly).
I think everyone agrees he's exaggerating!

Here's what I had based my belief on, for the record.

JustAFan

Alright alright chill out folks!

Yes they intersect but if you look at the street sign on the corner, it shows the two going in different directions... make sense?

Apparently quite a tourist hot spot right now!
So they are just the same street, but the name changes after the intersection. Happens a lot in the US. Have one main stretch that has 3 different names. Goes from Lake Avenue to State Street to Exchange Street.

RoadTrip

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
If it's a very competitive race then the scoop takes priority, but generally after the Carter debacle they refrain from doing so since it affects downballot races.
Gotcha
I thought about 1.30 am UK time they called Florida for Gore and everyone had it that gore had won.

RoadTrip

So it's just a normal intersection then. :lol:

They don't even go in the opposite directions. Different directions yes. Opposite no.

This is as bad as GOP math concerning the percentage of Black vote Trump will get.
:lol: different directions is all it takes if you're GOP mate!

JustAFan

Remind me what they try to lynch Clinton for for the last 18 months?
I'd love to give him credit for being ironic with that vote. Republicans love to point out how Petraeus was punished for being careless with emails, well actually intentionally sending classified info to his girlfriend, but Hillary does not get punished. They of course ignore the most obvious differences in the two cases, but oh well.

More likely he isn't being ironic

EDIT: Nope he is just being dumb

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mark-kirk-voting-david-petraeus/2016/07/07/id/737645/

Abizzz

I think everyone agrees he's exaggerating!

Here's what I had based my belief on, for the record.

Yeah they seemed to put in a lot of work to come to that 3.7bn and it seems he's certain Trumps in the black in the majority of his ventures, seems credible too.

My problem with that is that I don't believe anybody will pay ~800m for 40th Wall Street or ~1bn for Trump Tower, but that's up for debate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Career Hillary hater David Bossie (who happens to be Drumpf's deputy campaign manager) talks about more lawsuits.

Charlie Foley

Gotcha
I thought about 1.30 am UK time they called Florida for Gore and everyone had it that gore had won.
That was before all his votes w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶r̶e̶d̶d̶e̶r̶ were fairly and accurately recounted

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I've got some ale in (Hobgoblin I think), might pop out for something lighter for the long haul.

Also have a bottle of Becherovka, which last time I drank after a stack of Newky Brown and white wine, then had a PM conversation with @langster where I started talking to myself :D

Also seemed to have posted reasonably coherent posts in this thread that I didn't remember the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.