2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Foley

Indeed. And by observing one's choices one can get a feeling whether a person has a lot of money or simply claims to have a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong, Trump does have a lot of money compared to (probably) all of us and most of the world. He has nowhere near the amounts of money that he claims to have though.
He claims he has 10 billion. Forbes say he has 3.7 billion. It's a lot, but a big difference.

InfiniteBoredom

I've got a fridge full of Heineken, hard stuff would have me falling asleep.
I got a Johnny Black, a Bailey, a Dom Perignon and 2 packs of Corona.

Lubing up with the Coronas watching the coverage. Gonna pop the Don Perignon once Clinton wins. If the unthinkable happens then Johnny no ice should be enough to get me unconscious.

Abizzz

He claims he has 10 billion. Forbes say he has 3.7 billion. It's a lot, but a big difference.
He's definitely far far under 1bn in cash. Whether you value him at 3.7 or 1.5 depends on your valuation of hard to sell high value real estate... And it isn't even really clear whether that real estate is his or the bank's (my guess is the second). He's basically a marketing puppet for those he is rallying against (the big banks who decided to keep him alive when he inevitably fecked up). He knows what those who watch reality TV want and can market to them, which is admirable and rare skill.

Charlie Foley

It's all due to his body shape. Small shoulders and a big gut is difficult to fit properly.
Didn't you hear Pence? This is a broad shouldered man :lol:

Difficult, yeah, but I don't think it's impossible. Certainly for a man of his wealth he should be able to get the finest tailor in New York!

His suits are often quite shapeless, and with that body type he really needs to be adding shape to his shoulders which the poor fit doesn't do. He often buttons his jacket when he sits, and has it open when he stands. So why button it when you sit down? :lol: the length of the tie and the open jacket when he stands draw focus to his gut too.

The trousers often don't fit either which makes it look less a body shape issue and more a shabbiness issue. I think it's simply a case of him not knowing how to dress for his body type-and for a man so judgmental of others' appearance he really should.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I am desperately trying to know how he got that conclusion.

So if you take 18% plus 20% that gives you 38%. Now they are both percentages of a whole figure which shall we say is 100% So 18%+20%+100% = 138%. Now Trump gets 18% of that so 18%*138 = 24.84 which is almost 25%.

What do they teach you in that school of yours?

:D

Dante

Average bang
I am desperately trying to know how he got that conclusion.
He's trying to say:

If Trump holds on to 18% of the black voters that came out in 2012, but the overall black voter turnout is 20% down from last time, Trump would have 25% of black voters on his side in 2016.

To illustrate: let's say 100 black people voted last time. If Trump can persuade 18 of them to vote for him this time, but overall black tunout drops to 80, then Trump will have 18 out 80 black voters voting for him at this election.

Even if that were to happen, it would still only amount to 22.5%. The maths is wrong whichever way you look at it.

Charlie Foley

He's definitely far far under 1bn in cash. Whether you value him at 3.7 or 1.5 depends on your valuation of hard to sell high value real estate... And it isn't even really clear whether that real estate is his or the bank's (my guess is the second). He's basically a marketing puppet for those he is rallying against (the big banks who decided to keep him alive when he inevitably fecked up). He knows what those who watch reality TV want and can market to them, which is admirable and rare skill.
I don't follow his finances enough to debate this, I'm afraid. I would put certain stock in what Forbes say but I'm sure they aren't infallible themselves. I know a lot of his 'self evaluation' comes from what he views the Trump brand as being worth-I don't know if others are doing that too.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Didn't you hear Pence? This is a broad shouldered man :lol:

Difficult, yeah, but I don't think it's impossible. Certainly for a man of his wealth he should be able to get the finest tailor in New York!

His suits are often quite shapeless, and with that body type he really needs to be adding shape to his shoulders which the poor fit doesn't do. He often buttons his jacket when he sits, and has it open when he stands. So why button it when you sit down? :lol: the length of the tie and the open jacket when he stands draw focus to his gut too.

The trousers often don't fit either which makes it look less a body shape issue and more a shabbiness issue. I think it's simply a case of him not knowing how to dress for his body type-and for a man so judgmental of others' appearance he really should.
That'll be the shoulder pads.

Trump's not likely buying suits off the rack, getting the pants hemmed and that's it. We can't all be so fortunate (:cool:). Like I said, it's mainly down to the cut. Classic fit can look shabby if you're not husky throughout. Trump looks to have wimpy shoulders, a big gut and skinny legs. His gut determines the cut of his suit.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
When can we know exit polls and stuff?

The media outlets will start calling the states as soon as they close. If Clinton gets Florida, PA, Ohio first out they'll call election for her. Could be all done & dusted by 2am. But ifor Florida goes to Trump we are in for a long one

InfiniteBoredom

The media outlets will start calling the states as soon as they close. If Clinton gets Florida, PA, Ohio first out they'll call election for her. Could be all done & dusted by 2am. But ifor Florida goes to Trump we are in for a long one
They won't call it until CA is closed.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
So.. I know it's said that Hilary is pretty bad, but what has she done make make her so disliked in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.