g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think Trump will hang around even after his poll numbers inevitably plummet once the GOP nuts finally discover he's merely a self-promoting clown. If there's a god, he will launch an independent candidacy once GOPers boot him.
Any chance he ends up on the ticket as a vp to stop an independent run?
Surely an independent run is going to hurt the republicans a lot?

Charlie Foley

Right. He's operating from a totally different place that they just can't compete on. (Stewart, not Trump :lol: )

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Any chance he ends up on the ticket as a vp to stop an independent run?
Surely an independent run is going to hurt the republicans a lot?
Can't see anyone considering him as a VP since Trump isn't likely to play by anyone's rules but his own, which would quickly implode on whoever selects him. He's probably delusional and narcissistic enough to believe he can win as a 3rd candidate, which would more or less doom the GOP.

Crono

Latest poll, July 30 Quinnipiac:

Republican:

Trump - 20%
Walker - 13%
Bush - 10%
Carson - 6%
Huckabee - 6%
Paul - 6%
Rubio - 6%
Cruz - 5%
Kasich - 5%
Christie - 3%
Perry - 2%
Jindal - 2%
Fiorina - 1%
Graham - 1%
Pataki - 1%
Santorum - 1%
Gilmore ---
SMONE ELSE(VOL) ---
WLDN'T VOTE(VOL) - 1%
DK/NA - 12%

Democrat:

Clinton - 55%
Sanders - 17%
Biden - 13%
O'Malley - 1%
Webb - 1%
Chafee ---
SMONE ELSE(VOL) - 1%
WLDN'T VOTE(VOL) - 1%
DK/NA - 11%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us07302015_U645de.pdf

Crono

Sanders will turn out the Young and Non-white votes.

I'm begining to 'believe'...
I've been following his campaign since he announced. He definitely gets busy, attracting bigger crowds than anyone in the country and saying all the right things to the core constituencies of the Democratic vote who are still largely in the Clinton camp as of now. He's only been going for a month and he couldn't be doing much better.

In the Quinnipiac poll Clinton's even winning the 'Very Liberal' vote 46-31 against him at the moment. He can easily sweep those voters up given time, surely. I also think he could make substantial gains during the debates. It helps that the TV news media seem happy to give him a fair shake for now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I facepalm'd all the way through this video.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's trying to stand out in a muddled field of 20 candidates that's being led by Trump, who is sucking all the oxygen out of everyone else's narrative.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Trump will implde in the debate. I can't wait, it's gonna be epic. Every other candidate bar Cruz will attack him.

Guy

In what country, in what political party, in what culture, could a senator, a major presidential candidate, run an ad like this and think it´s even remotely acceptable??? It must be the best country in the world.

I thought it was a well edited parody video until you saw Cruz literally put the fork on the bacon and start eating at the end.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
They are saying that Biden may run. I think he's the only likely candidate to beat Hillary in a primary.

Crono

They are saying that Biden may run. I think he's the only likely candidate to beat Hillary in a primary.
Since they don't have preference voting I think Biden would split the centre vote between himself and Hillary pretty cleanly and create the only realistic chance for Bernie Sanders to take the nomination from the left.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
I've been following his campaign since he announced. He definitely gets busy, attracting bigger crowds than anyone in the country and saying all the right things to the core constituencies of the Democratic vote who are still largely in the Clinton camp as of now. He's only been going for a month and he couldn't be doing much better.

In the Quinnipiac poll Clinton's even winning the 'Very Liberal' vote 46-31 against him at the moment. He can easily sweep those voters up given time, surely. I also think he could make substantial gains during the debates. It helps that the TV news media seem happy to give him a fair shake for now.
There's this 'If you like Clinton, You'll love Sanders' thing going around. I hope it catches on. Excellent way to leverage your rival's popularity to your gain.

Crono

New polls out from FOX News and NBC/WSJ.

Fox:

Democratic: August 2 / July 15 / June 23

Hillary Clinton - 51% / 59 / 61
Bernie Sanders - 22% / 19 / 15
Joe Biden - 13% / 8 / 11
Jim Webb - 1% / 1 / 2
Lincoln Chafee - 1% / 1 / 0
Martin O'Malley - 1% / 1 / 1
Andrew Cuomo - N/A / N/A / 3
Other - 1% / 1 / 1
None of the Above - 3% / 4 / 2
Don't Know - 6% / 5 / 5

Republican: August 2 / July 15 / June 23

Donald Trump - 26% / 18 / 11
Jeb Bush - 15% / 14 / 15
Scott Walker - 9% / 15 / 9
Ben Carson - 7% / 6 / 10
Ted Cruz - 6% / 4 / 4
Mike Huckabee - 6% / 4 / 6
Marco Rubio - 5% / 7 / 8
Rand Paul - 5% / 8 / 9
Chris Christie - 3% / 3 / 2
John Kasich - 3% / 2 / 2

can't be arsed with the others

NBC News / Wall Street Journal:

Democratic: July / June

Hillary Clinton ............................................ 59 / 75
Bernie Sanders .......................................... 25 / 15
Jim Webb .................................................. 3 / 4
Martin O’Malley ......................................... 3 / 2
Lincoln Chafee .......................................... 1 / -
Other (VOL) ............................................1 / 1
None (VOL) ............................................4 / 2
Not sure ..................................................4 / 1

Republican: July / June

Donald Trump .................................... 19 / 1
Scott Walker ....................................... 15 / 17
Jeb Bush ............................................ 14 / 22
Ben Carson ........................................ 10 / 11
Ted Cruz ............................................ 9 / 4
Mike Huckabee .................................. 6 / 9
Rand Paul .......................................... 6 / 7
Marco Rubio ....................................... 5 / 14
Chris Christie ..................................... 3 / 4
Rick Perry .......................................... 3 / 5
John Kasich ....................................... 3 / 1
Bobby Jindal ...................................... 1 / -
Rick Santorum ................................... 1 / -
Carly Fiorina ....................................... - / 2
Lindsey Graham ................................. - / 1
George Pataki .................................... - / -
Jim Gilmore ........................................ - / NA
Other (VOL) .................................... - / -
None (VOL) ..................................... 1 / 1
Not sure .......................................... 4 / 1

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Big night for Trump. If he bottles it, he will be out in a NY minute. If he holds serve, it will be a nightmare for the rest of the field, especially Bush and Walker.

brad-dyrak

Anybody know the best way to catch Thursday's farce over here in the UK? I've got Sky.

Crono

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
In what country, in what political party, in what culture, could a senator, a major presidential candidate, run an ad like this and think it´s even remotely acceptable??? It must be the best country in the world.

It made me chuckle, not laugh mind you, but just a chuckle at it's silliness. I guess if you are always looking for things to be upset about this will do.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thought it was funny as well, much like Graham taking a sledgehammer to his phone after Trump published his number.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
oh no, we're going to be seeing more and more Reince Priebus on our telly. I hate his stupid face and creepy voice.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm tempted to watch... In the same way you cant help looking over at a car crash...
That's the only reason I ever watch Fox News. I used to watch Hannity and O'Reily and that cnut Beck (before he left) just to see how batshit they all are. The US election is always car crash viewing. The two parties and followers are always at such complete polar opposites of each other. It really is funny until you realise how important to the rest of the world it all really is. Bush and Cheney were a feckin nightmare and caused untold damage, Palin as VP would have been an absolute disaster.

You can discuss Obama's domestic failings, but for the most part his foreign policy has been extremely good. He has always appeared to be firm when needed and yet always held out an olive branch. His recent deal with Iran is proof of this. Ironically Fox News hate this deal and imbeciles like Huckabee are crucifying him for it, yet that moron said back in 2006 that the only way to deal with the Iranians was over a table and not with a war. They also conveniently forget their hero Regan sold arms to the Iranians. Palin and co were calling for a war against Syria, a war against Russia and Putin, saying it was wrong to leave Afghanistan and Iraq and to bomb the shit out of Iran and North Korea. I for one sleep safer at night knowing Obama is in power and not any of those dangerous cnuts. I just hope our American friends can help us all sleep a little safer after this election.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
It made me chuckle, not laugh mind you, but just a chuckle at it's silliness. I guess if you are always looking for things to be upset about this will do.
That really makes you chuckle? It seems like such a sophomoric, creepy attempt at humor. Immature, conservative humor. Far more idiotic than silly. But I suppose I could imagine you chuckling at it in all your doughy blandness.

I just can´t imagine it being humorous to anyone, in any form. Do you guys also find it silly and funny this presidential candidate is using the same AR 15 model to cook his bacon as the kid in Newtown used to slaughter all those kids?

Last edited:

brad-dyrak

All I see is a pandering attempt at wit from someone glaringly witless. Some dork cooked bacon on a gun barrel.

As for the model of the gun, I don't expect you'll find a gun that hasn't been used to perpetrate some sort of senseless murder.

If Cruz told the funniest joke in the world, would you have an ear for it coming from him? Honestly, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.