g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2017 Confederations Cup

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Germany never cared about Confed-Cup but now that it will get cancelled they win the last one and hold the title for all eternity. :D

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Germany never cared about Confed-Cup but now that it will get cancelled they win the last one and hold the title for all eternity. :D
They could've fielded a bunch of random Germans off the street and still probably waltzed to the semis at a minimum, as is their consistency.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ginter, Rudy and Werner probably will be next year in Russia imo.

leontas

Rudy's not too shabby. Bayern will have some midfield with him and Tolisso.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Damn, since when are our counters so good?
Not being the huge favourites gives us more space. Also I think there is a bit of a World Champion bias, and therefore some players get underrated. Especially the front four has been mediocre recently with the retirement of Klose and the drop in form by Ozil and Mueller. Saw it at the Euros.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Werner yes, the other two I hope not.
You are watching with the eyes of a Germany fan, but I think if Rudy plays for Bayern and Ginter for Dortmund why not a place in the 23?

Like more Ginter than Mustafi tbh.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Feck sakes, should have scored!

lopiop

Chile keep on crossing high balls but they have midgets upfront

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
This is what happens when you have a team of manlets. Sometimes, you just need that stud up front to power those crosses in. Chile needs a tall striker.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Enjoyable match so far

RoyH1

They could've fielded a bunch of random Germans off the street and still probably waltzed to the semis at a minimum, as is their consistency.

You write it as a joke, but I get the feeling that if you picked up 22 random, reasonably fit German's in their twenties, and gave them a decent manager, after 12 months they would probably win every continental tournament bar the Euro's and Copa America.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is what happens when you have a team of manlets. Sometimes, you just need that stud up front to power those crosses in. Chile needs a tall striker.
What tall striker, who told you they play that type of football, South American players are not properly known for being very tall.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
First it was Chile's, now our conversion could be better. But at least we accpeted their gift.

fellaini's barber

How did we miss out on Vidal again, his determination and doggedness is great to watch. But then the whole Chilean players are just dogged fighters, I think it's their strongest attribute

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
You are watching with the eyes of a Germany fan, but I think if Rudy plays for Bayern and Ginter for Dortmund why not a place in the 23?

Like more Ginter than Mustafi tbh.
I feel like Bayern wants to utilize Rudy more as a wingback, if at all. There's no way he can nail down a starting place in midfield with that competition. Ginter is way too error-prone in my opinion. He hasn't developed at all in his years at Dortmund, so they are happy to ship him off to Gladbach. Süle is a much better defender already.

Draxler seems to have been a young prospect for about 26 years.
He's still got 6 years on the young and talented Adam Lallana. Not all hope is lost.