2017 Pre Season | Real Madrid vs Manchester United

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Ramos is still on holiday, won't play. Same with Ronaldo, Asensio and Llorente. The rest will be there, I believe.

Edit: It seems Ramos has joined recently, as well. He might play.
Is this a new Llorente? Surely not the one who came from Bilbao and spent some time in the PL and at Juve or whatever.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Is this a new Llorente? Surely not the one who came from Bilbao and spent some time in the PL and at Juve or whatever.
Brand new one, don't worry. Marcos Llorente - 22 year old CDM from their academy. Played on loan at Alaves last season and was their best player apparently. Unless Real sign another midfielder, I'd wager he'll be Casemiro's backup this season.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Brand new one, don't worry. Marcos Llorente - 22 year old CDM from their academy. Played on loan at Alaves last season and was their best player apparently. Unless Real sign another midfielder, I'd wager he'll be Casemiro's backup this season.
I see. Do they have anyone else coming through from their academy? :)

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I see. Do they have anyone else coming through from their academy? :)
I don't know about their academy but Vallejo (CB) and Asensio are the other two youngsters that will probably be part of their first team next year. Maybe Borja Mayoral as well, if they don't sign a replacement for Morata.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
They've just sign cabellos(sp?) Haven't they who is extremely highly rated. I expect him to be Casemiro back up this season.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Curious to see how we will feature a midfield of Fellaini, Carrick and A.Pereira, considering Pogba can't/shouldn't start nor Herrera. In 4-3-3 seems easy enough, with Carrick as #6. But in 4-2-3-1, will Fellaini or A.Pereira be #10?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
They've just sign cabellos(sp?) Haven't they who is extremely highly rated. I expect him to be Casemiro back up this season.
He'll be in the rotation, yes, but he's a CM more similar to Modric and Kroos. Llorente is much more defensively oriented, as far as I know.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He'll be in the rotation, yes, but he's a CM more similar to Modric and Kroos. Llorente is much more defensively oriented, as far as I know.
Ah ok I thought he was a similar player to Carrick which as I write it makes sense that he'd rotate with Kroos

Brightonian

Playing most of the time of 7 friendlies separated just 3 days from each other is “driving up fitness levels”? Lukaku just had 90' and people are starting him against Real Madrid…
Yes, exactly. It's not like the actual season, resting people to keep them fresh. It's meant to be very intense, to rapidly bring match fitness back up to scratch.

Android1974

Yes, exactly. It's not like the actual season, resting people to keep them fresh. It's meant to be very intense, to rapidly bring match fitness back up to scratch.
I would call it madness and later in the season everybody will call it running players to the ground.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Darmian Bailly Tuanzebe Mitchell
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Mata Pereira
Martial

Romero
Valencia Lindelof Smalling Blind
Mkhitaryan Fellaini Carrick
Rashford Lukaku Lingard
Something like this I'd guess. Probably a mostly rotated team compared to the one vs City, and then probably what our starting 11 will be to start the season against Barca on Wednesday.

Kidders

I don't think Mourinho will pick his strongest XI, he said after the City game it's all about players getting game time, I think the players will already know who's playing which match and for how long etc, it is all about getting a huge squad ready for the first competitive game of the season, Real Madrid on
in July ? Really?
the super cup is on 8th August

Kidders

De Gea
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Mata Pereira
Martial

Romero
Rashford Lukaku Lingard
Something like this I'd guess. Probably a mostly rotated team compared to the one vs City, and then probably what our starting 11 will be to start the season against Barca on Wednesday.
So Jones miss's out, Mata is fit to play and Jese (f....g) Lingard plays 90 minutes ?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Jones miss's out, Mata is fit to play and Jese (f....g) Lingard plays 90 minutes ?
Mata probably will be fine to play, didn't realize I put Lingard in both teams though. Maybe Martial to get a full game? As for Jones... somebody has to miss out, and tuanzebe didn't play against City so he'll probably get minutes here.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mata probably will be fine to play, didn't realize I put Lingard in both teams though. Maybe Martial to get a full game? As for Jones... somebody has to miss out, and tuanzebe didn't play against City so he'll probably get minutes here.
He hasn't been training with the other players so not sure about Mata.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I expect Martial to start this one thankfully. That said, my guess is he starts alongside the 'B' team with Carrick, Fellaini, McTominay and co, and given the quality of the opposition - will struggle to make a huge impact and the detractors will be out in force.

Mcking

Llorente is an out and out DM, Cabellos is more like a B2B playmaker. So Llorente will defo be Casemiro's backup, while Cabellos will be Modric's and Kroos'.

Web of Bissaka

^ Wow so if we concede early we have good excuse of losing :D.

TFM or Darmian play CB? weird.

Probably we'll play with 5 defenders (3 CBs with 2 WBs).

Good tryout preparations for the Super Cup.

Dazzmondo

Revised Predicted Lineup:

de Gea

Bailly Tuanzebe Darmian

Fosu-Mensah Pereira Carrick Fellaini Mitchell

Rashford Martial

(45 mins)

Romero

Fosu-Mensah Smalling Lindelof Darmian

Pereira Carrick Fellaini

Mkhitaryan Martial Mitchell

(60 mins)

Romero

Valencia Smalling Lindelof Blind

McTominay Herrera Pogba

Mkhitaryan Lukaku Lingard

barmyarmy

I will be in flight and won't be able to watch the match :(. Might miss the barca game too, as i will be back on Saturday. Hopefully we don't get any injury as i am afraid of Casemeiro he is pepe version 2, I hope we save our best for Super cup game and beat them in that but won't mind beating them in this game too.

khoazany

Excited about this match. Chance for some of our young guns to stake their claims.

Would expect this line-up:
DDG
TFM - Bailly - Tuanzebe
Darmian - Carrick - Pereira - Mitchell
Mkhi - Rashford - Martial​

Last edited:

Oldham

I'll be (stoned) in Amsterdam. Any Dutch on here who knows where I can see the game tonight?

carlosp

De Gea
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Mata Pereira
Martial

Romero
Rashford Lukaku Lingard
Mourinho said Romero will start the first 45min and De Gea will play the second.

carlosp

Excited about this match. Chance for some of our young guns to stake their claims.

Would expect this line-up:
DDG
TFM - Bailly - Tuanzebe
Darmian - Carrick - Pereira - Mitchell
Mkhi - Rashford - Martial​
Mourinho said Romero will start the first 45min and De Gea will play the second.

5:30 onwards.

Last edited:

Wayne ahead of you

I'll be (stoned) in Amsterdam. Any Dutch on here who knows where I can see the game tonight?
Cafe Corso probably. They even had Jamaica vs Canada on last night (then again I have no idea which channels broadcast the friendlies and if these are available here in Holland).

Oldham

Cafe Corso probably. They even had Jamaica vs Canada on last night (then again I have no idea which channels broadcast the friendlies and if these are available here in Holland).
Thanks mate. Will check it out. To bad it's in the xxx district....
Well what's you gonna do ;)

Android1974

"Tomorrow is a test, that is probably the right word, but I prefer to say an experience for us as a team and for players that didn't play much in the last match. I am going to play Tim Fosu-Mensah, Axel, Darmian, Mitchell, I am going to play other players and give rest to some players. Pre-season is not for accumulation. Some of them played 90 minutes or 75 minutes against City, so now is a time for others."