2017 Pre Season | Real Madrid vs Manchester United

el3mel

Yes, exactly. It's not like the actual season, resting people to keep them fresh. It's meant to be very intense, to rapidly bring match fitness back up to scratch.
Err.. It's a preseason but we shouldn't be exhausting players early on before the season even starting. The matches are supposed to raise their fitness only, not to bring them to the ground playing as many minutes as possible in about 6 matches within a period of a month before the actual season starts, hence dividing the play minutes among players so that each one gets enough.

Wayne ahead of you

Thanks mate. Will check it out. To bad it's in the xxx district....
Well what's you gonna do ;)
Yeah since you mentioned getting stoned I figured you'd be in the neighbourhood anyway :) It's just a small pub where they hung up a couple of tellies on which they broadcast any football that happens to be on, but again I'm not sure they're able to show any friendlies. Btw even though they're right in the middle of the red light district, they do expect you to act decent (drunk guys are kicked out). Don't know what your plans are, just a heads-up ;)

Oldham

Yeah since you mentioned getting stoned I figured you'd be in the neighbourhood anyway :) It's just a small pub where they hung up a couple of tellies on which they broadcast any football that happens to be on, but again I'm not sure they're able to show any friendlies. Btw even though they're right in the middle of the red light district, they do expect you to act decent (drunk guys are kicked out). Don't know what your plans are, just a heads-up ;)
Always home in one piece... doubt I'll be starting riots... cheers

nemanja15

Romero, Darmian, Tuanzebe, Mitchell, Carrick, Fosu-Mensah, Fellaini, A Pereira and Martial are all nailed-on starters it would seem given Jose's comments. Going to be an interesting formation...

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
According to AS Madrid will play with Keylor,Carvajal,Nacho,Varane,Theo/Marcelo,Modric,Case,Kroos,Isco,Bale,Benzema.
The under 21 only completed a training so probably won't play many minutes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
According to AS Madrid will play with Keylor,Carvajal,Nacho,Varane,Theo/Marcelo,Modric,Case,Kroos,Isco,Bale,Benzema.
This will be a big test for United especially if they are going to rest a lot of players.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This will be a big test for United especially if they are going to rest a lot of players.
This is just a test for the Supercup,look at Bayern the other day.I don't know if they rested players but lost 4-0.
Anyway that's my excuse if we lose.If we beat you easily of course I'll come to laugh :p

PoTMS

PSA: this match is on tonight at 10pm in the UK only on MUTV (and a few thousand rivers).

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I hope we get to see Ceballos.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Thats an excellent team, might get awkward.
Actually I think that will be difficult for Madrid,now and in the Supercup.Maybe United are not the most exciting team right now but Mourinho is creating a solid and strong team.

khoazany

I'm actually glad that they will play a relatively strong team. Imagine the likes of TFM Tuanzebe and Mitchell having good performances against those players, surely will give Jose some food for thought.

GM K

I know it's just a mere pre-season game but can the boys please smash Madrid for me for all the Morata headaches Perez served? Please boys, just for me.

AshRK

I wouldn't want us to lose big or lose for that matter. Let us continue the winning run, it is always good to win. Losing 3-0 or 4-0 will do no good. Although jose keeps on saying how results don't matter but deep inside he himself would want to win every game.

Big game for martial and A. Pereira

Donut

I hope we field a strong team since it seems that Real will too. If we don't I guess that gives us an excuse if we get beat. I know it's a friendly but still.

Nik70

I find it funny that we get every United game (even the friendlies) on TV here in the USA. Between NBC, ESPN and Fox Sports, we are ridiculously spoiled (each game used to cost $20 on pay-per-view just 13 years ago).
The 90's (when I arrived in the USA) were rough. Listening to the BBC on short wave radio was as good as it got for United games. Totally spoiled now! :D

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Same as if we smashed them. Pre-season is all it is.
No, thats just not true. If they best us or we beat them, that means nothing. However all the players and managers involved are winners, and even though winning isnt the main priority, they're competitive and would like to compete. If you get spanked 10-0 it would either mean that the players arent well prepared and set-up at all or the players cant give a feck about competing (even though they're still ten thousands of fans who have payed a ticket) and millions watching. That'd surely mean something. If Real or United just win, that means nothing indeed.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
If we play a second team and beat a less prepared first Real Madrid team, it doesn't mean nothing in itself, but will be a small confidence boost ahead of the trophy game. Details count.

AbstruseAlan

I'm quite disappointed we've played out our games in a way to leave us in a position where key players won't start this. If predicted line ups are true (and obviously what Mourinho says about ours is) then we're not going to gain anything from this apart from fitness for most squad players. Why at 2-0 up vs City at HT did we not put on most of these players and save Pogba/Lukaku/Herrera etc for a decent run against these lot?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm quite disappointed we've played out our games in a way to leave us in a position where key players won't start this. If predicted line ups are true (and obviously what Mourinho says about ours is) then we're not going to gain anything from this apart from fitness for most squad players. Why at 2-0 up vs City at HT did we not put on most of these players and save Pogba/Lukaku/Herrera etc for a decent run against these lot?
It doesn't matter it's pre season

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's a preseason. Nothing matters except building fitness and some tactical experiments.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Because he wanted to give more minutes to first team players, to start preparing them for a match's duration. Besides, much better to create doubts on our Premier League opponents and eventually fool of our real value our in a few games adversary.

AbstruseAlan

It doesn't matter it's pre season
It's a preseason. Nothing matters except building fitness and some tactical experiments.
The lack of 'tactical experiments' is what I'm slightly annoyed by tbh. People like Martial will be judged harshly on performances when he's supported by a sub par squad team. It's easier to look better surrounded by stronger players.

roseguy64

Because the manager doesn't care about the results but about the fitness and how his instructions are carried out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The lack of 'tactical experiments' is what I'm slightly annoyed by tbh. People like Martial will be judged harshly on performances when he's supported by a sub par squad team. It's easier to look better surrounded by stronger players.
We played with 3 at the back, 4-3-3 )(IIRC) and 4-2-3-1.
we play three matches in three different systems, three at the back, with the last match with the number 10, we are getting our form step by step and tomorrow is obviously, you say a test, is the right word but I prefer to say the experiences

Pablo76

Are MUTV showing our friendlies foc again?

If not, where can I watch this please?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Because the manager doesn't care about the results but about the fitness and how his instructions are carried out.
The Super Cup's the one that matters but it's always nice to win. Might have to take a hit on this one...so long as we're not mullered!