g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2017 Pre Season | Sampdoria vs Manchester United

prtk0811

352 will not work against Real Madrid.

Darmian blind will be caught out in wide areas.

Anustart89

If Perisic is what Jose wants, Ed just needs to pay up and get him.
Jose always wins the league in his second season and he should get the personell he requires to make it possible.

Look at the difference Matic has made already
Well, if he always wins the league in his second season, we won't need to buy anyone. In fact, we could just release everyone and reduce the wage bill. The third season would be a bitch though :lol:

TsuWave

Look at the difference Matic has made already
he's been good, not like phenomenal, and its a preseason match against sampdoria that's not that deep into their preseason yet

R'hllor

Said already keep Matic in 4-3-3 with < and he might turn good for us,go 4-2-3-1 and JM will burn him really fast,which will lead to him dropping like a stone.

Jib

Matic is good but Pogba and Pereira are average at best in this first 45'

Blind and Lindelöf...shite

Kearnkoff69

Agree that Valencia has been the standout. Disappointing performance from Pereira after a good game v. Valerenga.

MrSingh2002

Lukakus hold up play has been non existant

Herrera for Pereira would be good

Would like to see Martial and Rashford as the two upfront 2nd half

We still could do with a real box to box midfielder not named Fellaini, and a left back unless Jose truly feels Shaw will comeback and be a starter for us when fit.

Paul_Scholes18

352 will not work against Real Madrid.

Darmian blind will be caught out in wide areas.
Real Madrid is very strong down the wings and it can be a problem if we don't give our wingbacks enough support. I can see Darmian struggle to stop Carvajal bombing forward. Valencia in beat mode can hopefully take down Marcelo if needed.

I guess the biggest fear is that Ronaldo coming up a lot against Lindelöf. He will likely struggle a lot, but Ronaldo may hopefully not be in a good form yet.

AdNani

Lukakus hold up play has been non existant

Herrera for Pereira would be good

Would like to see Martial and Rashford as the two upfront 2nd half

We still could do with a real box to box midfielder not named Fellaini, and a left back unless Jose truly feels Shaw will comeback and be a starter for us when fit.
:nono::nono:

Anustart89

Are you saying that backpass was a red card?
I've said that I'm not a hundred percent, but I think there's an argument to be made that deliberately making an infringement to stop a certain goal could be punished under the "denying a goalscoring opportunity" rule. Since you wouldn't get a penalty (because the infringement in itself is a technical one and warrants an indirect free kick), a red card could be possible.

Like I said earlier, I'm not a hundred percent, but surely it's not as insane as some people in the thread are suggesting? :lol:

Officially my last post on the topic, I bet everyone's sick of seeing my posts in this thread :lol: Bring on the hilarious jokes about Matic's age

el3mel

Periera seems pretty inconsistent but I think it's normal at this age. He's not ready for a starting role at all but will be good as a sub for 15-30 minutes.

Rajma

Doing ok but wish we didn't have to line up so bloody defensively. Obviously he's preparing for Real but it's just not great craic to watch.
Indeed. We could really do with at least one more attacking player by taking one of our many defenders off the field.

wiz4231

1st half

Lukaku - strong, physical beast and Excellent hold up play - PL proven
Matic - fantastic, just what we've been missing - PL proven
Lindelof - abysmal, awful - meh - we should have signed M Keane instead, at least he would have been PL proven

De Gea - solid as ever
Smalling - solid
Blind - abysmal, awful, waste

Valencia - excellent
Damian - playing very well

Pogba - fantastic but trying to hard
Pereira - trying to hard
Mkhitaryan - excellent

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
he's been good, not like phenomenal, and its a preseason match against sampdoria that's not that deep into their preseason yet
and it's Matic's first pre-season match too, so I'm not sure if Sampdoria not being deep into their preseason plays any part here.

Ban

1st half

Lindelof - abysmal, awful - meh - we should have signed M Keane instead

De Gea - solid as ever
Smalling - solid

Valencia - excellent

Pereira - trying to hard
Mkhitaryan - excellent
Lindelof adysmal, you sure?

Joseunited

Nice half. Matić, what a player. The best part is that he's PL proven!
He controls the midfield,It's let Pogba play in his favourite left of midfield position to.Mkhytarian has had a fantastic pre-season, surely it's him plus one other to support Lukaku at the start of the season.
Blind is an absolute nightmare,brain fart of a backpass aside his positional sense is shocking.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Lindelof has dissapointed me, he is like john stones right now, good on the ball but needs to be taught how to defend which i find strange as he comes from portugese champions and concede like 15 goals in the whole season. I think he will need time and we may not even see his best this season. I forget he is just 23 (turned on july 17) which is young for a defender. I think jose will need to work with him alot.

van Nistelrooy

Despite not being a big fan of Valencia, he has been great in this first half. Why can't he run past players and find a teammate in the box during the season?

prtk0811

First we're not playing 3 at the back regularly either.

Second formation changes, but how the team operates on the field is what distinguish its manager.
Still far from a typical Jose mourinho style. It's not exactly defensive block and direct counter attacking.

It's something hybrid.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
1st half

Lindelof - abysmal, awful - meh - we should have signed M Keane instead, at least he would have been PL proven

De Gea - solid as ever
Smalling - solid

Valencia - excellent

Pereira - trying to hard
Mkhitaryan - excellent
:lol: