2017 Pre Season | Sampdoria vs Manchester United

witchtrials

Doing ok but wish we didn't have to line up so bloody defensively. Obviously he's preparing for Real but it's just not great craic to watch.
Agreed. Not really sure why we need a practice run anyway - surely pre-season should be about preparing for how we're going to play throughout the season, not as a dry run for a forthcoming exhibition match.

el3mel

Lindelof is good, but the opponent isn't trying to attack much anyway.

Ban

He controls the midfield,It's let Pogba play in his favourite left of midfield position to.Mkhytarian has had a fantastic pre-season, surely it's him plus one other to support Lukaku at the start of the season.
Blind is an absolute nightmare,brain fart of a backpass aside his positional sense is shocking.
Not sure what's happening with Blind. Too much sun?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pogba and Andreas have been bloody rubbish and yet we've still somehow dominated the midfield.

Paul_Scholes18

Nearly scored an own goal, passing no better than Smalling and slow to react, abysmal? yes
Really abysmal? I think Lindelöf and Smalling both been fine, but not had very much to do. Don't think this game show that Lindelöf will be great, but he has not done much wrong in my view. Can't see how anyone can see it as abysmal. Too much black and white view I guess. Since he hasn't been amazing he must be abysmal in your view? When in reality he has been like a 5-6/10

Reactions: KM

el3mel

Still far from a typical Jose mourinho style. It's not exactly defensive block and direct counter attacking.

It's something hybrid.
That if you considered he was parking the bus in every game with his previous teams which isn't true. Mourinho is pragmatic rather than a defensive and pragmatism doesn't equal defense. He'll just do whatever the feck needed to get the result by either attack or defense. He's never sticking to certain play style and when it's outsmarted stood here waiting for his team to get crushed. He'll always take any step to make his team win or at least not lose whatever that means.

pseudo_canadian

Nearly scored an own goal, passing no better than Smalling and slow to react, abysmal? yes
The near own goal resulted because he was blocked off by Smalling and their striker so he didn't see the ball until the last second. He's made a handful of great tackles, and is passing the ball well.

What game are you watching and/or how badly do you want Lindelof to fail?

ravi2

he's been good, not like phenomenal, and its a preseason match against sampdoria that's not that deep into their preseason yet

True, but you can see the qualities he brings to our midfield.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How many changes? My streams is still on ads.

Web of Bissaka

Am I the only one that perceive Blind playing well?

Other than that one funny mistake, he played around at the back (integral in the first half system we're using), good long passes, defended well, delivered a good cross, and intercepted passes. Combined well with Darmian bossing the left side.