2017 Pre Season | Sampdoria vs Manchester United

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Was I the only one who noticed that we didn't create a single big chance other than the backpass counter in 45 minutes against Sampdoria? :confused:

wiz4231

The near own goal resulted because he was blocked off by Smalling and their striker so he didn't see the ball until the last second. He's made a handful of great tackles, and is passing the ball well.

What game are you watching and/or how badly do you want Lindelof to fail?
Sorry my apologies, it's so obvious that Smalling and the striker was in his way not that he was slow to react at all

foolsgold

Agreed. Not really sure why we need a practice run anyway - surely pre-season should be about preparing for how we're going to play throughout the season, not as a dry run for a forthcoming exhibition match.
Maybe this is how we're going to play. I think we're going to go with a much more defensive setup this season than many think.

Jose has never been known for swashbucking attacking football. If it gets the results people will be accepting.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Am I the only one that perceive Blind playing well?

Other than that one funny mistake, he played around at the back (integral in the first half system we're using), good long passes, defended well, delivered a good cross, and intercepted passes. Combined well with Darmian bossing the left side.
It has been his best game of the pre-season so far. He's only been 'poor' as opposed to 'absolutely terrible' like he had been in every previous match.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Wish he would let Pereira play 90 mins for once
Like he did Martial when he was on fire? Except A.Pereira wasn't on fire, far from it. And this is a preparation game for Real Madrid's.

spwd

Blind has been about as good as Buyern Munich this preseason.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
'De Gea, 75 shutouts in 200 PL games'

witchtrials

Maybe this is how we're going to play. I think we're going to go with a much more defensive setup this season than many think.

Jose has never been known for swashbucking attacking football. If it gets the results people will be accepting.
Possibly, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Any United manager regularly playing five defenders, a destoyer and a big man up front would need to be moved on.

beergod

Am I the only one that perceive Blind playing well?

Other than that one funny mistake, he played around at the back (integral in the first half system we're using), good long passes, defended well, delivered a good cross, and intercepted passes. Combined well with Darmian bossing the left side.
I think other than the backpass he has been average. His and Lindelof's ability in possession has been a big part of how good we've looked in this system.