2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I find that fascinating in 2020 - surely there must be a safe and efficient way of digitalizing the voting process.
Airgapping every voting booth, making a copy of those results to an external drive, then sending the results via email? Maybe that works?

Cant see it going completely digital anytime soon.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Trump is favourites with the bookies - they are rarely wrong. Especially with only a few states left.
So were they wrong then or wrong now? Or they just always right in some post-modern definition of truth?

SirAF

Ageist
Airgapping every voting booth, making a copy of those results to an external drive, then sending the results via email? Maybe that works?

Cant see it going completely digital anytime soon.
Yeah, me neither.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not a given that they'd even get out of the States. Honestly, if I were an American citizen, there's various of stuff I'd like to see and experience in my own borders before I'd even consider going overseas.
A bit tongue in cheek regarding the amounts of tax relief / tax rebates. The majority of the inhabitants of this country would much rather travel internally than abroad for various reasons.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Christ almighty why are these last few states taking so much longer than the rest of the country.
I think they're still counting in other states as well to get the final numbers, it's just that these final states are extremely tight (and that some of them weren't allowed to count mail in ballots prior to election day because republicans).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So what about all the stories on Twitter that WI had an unrealistically high turnout (something like 89% even when Milwaukee was only at 71%), I guess they're fake too?

Biden should've hired a team of fact checkers to immediately refute any of the Trump claims on Twitter, would've made it a lot more clear :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
To the people confused, it's easier to think like this:

* There are 5 states left. Biden only needs 2 of them. It doesn't matter which 2, because even the 2 smallest(Nevada and Arizona) will give him enough points.
* To "rephrase" the point above: Trump needs to win minimum 4 out of the remaining 5 states.
* If Biden gets Pennsylvania, then that will be sufficient. In other words: he wont need any of the other 4.
Thank you

TheGame

Even if a Biden win is confirmed, Trump is going to string this out and I can imagine things are going to turn very nasty with protests, counter protests and the inevitable leading to violence, it's only a matter of time I feel. Major problems for America to come.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So what about all the stories on Twitter that WI had an unrealistically high turnout (something like 89% even when Milwaukee was only at 71%), I guess they're fake too?

Biden should've hired a team of fact checkers to immediately refute any of the Trump claims on Twitter, would've made it a lot more clear :lol:
Well Trump set up a commission to look into voting fraud. It was disbanded after a short while.

Guess what? They couldn’t find any:lol:

SirAF

Ageist

Of course. I just had a run in with an idiot in Norway spouting that stuff :lol:

Cloud7

How are these other states still taking so long to count these votes? Surely the US election is important enough for them to be able to hire enough staff to get it done in a timely manner?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Dont see wont see close eyes close ears. Lies. Fake news.

I recall hillary had a live fact checkers during live debate. Only so much you can do if the other parties are trumpets

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Even if a Biden win is confirmed, Trump is going to string this out and I can imagine things are going to turn very nasty with protests, counter protests and the inevitable leading to violence, it's only a matter of time I feel. Major problems for America to come.
Bush and Gore went to the Supreme Court, we didn’t end up having mass civil unrest.
Things may be different this time round though, and if there is unrest it’ll be orchestrated to create even more divisions

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How are these other states still taking so long to count these votes? Surely the US election is important enough for them to be able to hire enough staff to get it done in a timely manner?
In Pennsylvania specifically, they’re just going by current law right now. There’s nothing nefarious, this is how they were always going to do it & announced as such days before the election.

TheGame

Bush and Gore went to the Supreme Court, we didn’t end up having mass civil unrest.
Things may be different this time round though, and if there is unrest it’ll be orchestrated to create even more divisions
Agree but we are talking about Trump and his braindead followers here, we've already had armed people outside count centres and people trying to run others off the road. I think this is different to before.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm more inclined to think the trump militia are all talk and no bark. For all their tactical gears they never kinda actually starts anything serious physical conflict and actually clashing hard with authorities or the other party.

My bet is probably rallies and protest in full gear, occupy the town hall sort of stuff which will clear out within days.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Massively different overall tone in the country in 2000, no appreciable comparison to the vitriol that exists now. It’s not hyperbole to say we’ve never been at a state of being like this before.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
In Pennsylvania specifically, they’re just going by current law right now. There’s nothing nefarious, this is how they were always going to do it & announced as such days before the election.
It was nefarious. Republican state legislature blocked them starting to count the mail-ins before Election Day precisely for this reason.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Surely there’s some sort of law against a campaign member creating/posting a fake video to generate civil unrest and undermine/influence/interfere in an election?
Who cares? Getting it out there has a perceived benefit v. the pittance of a future punishment.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surely there’s some sort of law against a campaign member creating/posting a fake video to generate civil unrest and undermine/influence/interfere in an election?
There’s laws to stop most of the things they’ve been doing the last 4 years.

Cloud7

I'm not saying it's anything nefarious, it just seems a bit ridiculous that it's the most powerful nation in the world and we're sat here, three days later, still not knowing who won the election. Obviously it may be by design or something more, but there isn't any way around it being a bit ridiculous IMO.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It was nefarious. Republican state legislature blocked them starting to count the mail-ins before Election Day precisely for this reason.
Just stating that the count process isn’t ad hoc in any way. Current law prescribed this. It wasn’t left up to chance or the whims or passionate counties to get the result out immediately.

This is exactly what the republicans prescribed. Of course it was initially nefarious on their part to change the law, but it’s just happening as it was made to happen. It’s backfired a bit on them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Of course. I just had a run in with an idiot in Norway spouting that stuff :lol:
Belgian (extremist) right-wing politicians are tweeting non-stop about that kinda stuff right now, it's embarrassing. "Lying in front of our eyes", "cheating and they don't even hide it", "this whole thing stinks", ... The replies to those tweets aren't pretty either, I fear for our own elections next time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm not saying it's anything nefarious, it just seems a bit ridiculous that it's the most powerful nation in the world and we're sat here, three days later, still not knowing who won the election. Obviously it may be by design or something more, but there isn't any way around it being a bit ridiculous IMO.
In PA specifically, this was a gambit by republicans that isn’t paying off. It seems that the USPS issue wasn’t as detrimental as it could very easily have been. fecking more comprehensively with USPS had to have factored in more chaos in the right’s eyes if it was done properly.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There’s laws to stop most of the things they’ve been doing the last 4 years.
Absolutely. So maybe it’s time someone actually upheld those laws. Still no republican on record condemning what Trump is doing. The people who believe all this goes away with Trump are in for a big surprise. He’s a symptom not the disease and all this “conciliatory” talk Biden et al are inevitably going to do is bollocks. They need to be crushed. Hard.

muller

Will we get a winner today?
I think so, if it's Biden. PA, NV and GA sound hopeful they will get over the line in some way. PA, being so critical, if trajectories carry on towards Biden then he will overtake and be unwatchable before too long.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Absolutely. So maybe it’s time someone actually upheld those laws. Still no republican on record condemning what Trump is doing. The people who believe all this goes away with Trump are in for a big surprise. He’s a symptom not the disease and all this “conciliatory” talk Biden et al are inevitably going to do is bollocks. They need to be crushed. Hard.
Any key republicans out right now banging the ‘Trump won’ drum?

There might be a small percentage of non-Trump 2020 voting republicans out there worth bringing over to our side, even for a short period of time. Other than that, they all share the blame of the last four years. Should never be forgotten & used against them whenever & wherever possible to inflict whatever damage possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.