2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I get that but is it more a case of they’re rarely wrong so it’s safe to claim it? Because surely they don’t actually have any power? It’s the one bit I don’t fully understand
I think it's more a case of the networks not wanting to be wrong so won't call anything until they're certain.

RedDevil@84

24 hours ago, Trump's advantage in Georgia was over a 100k votes. Now it's 9k and we're still expecting results from Democratic-leaning counties, meaning there's a good chance it'll flip.
GA will be like "5 PM. See you tomorrow then"

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Trump campaign in full meltdown in Philadelphia. Corey Lewandowski with a megaphone in the street ranting like a mad man.

Red Stone

Fecking hell, Fox News is a trip. Corey Lewandowski just brought out the crazy eyes in full force while riling up a bunch of covidiots protesting in PA.

Amarsdd

This is probably a really silly question but why do news networks have so much discrepancy of opinions here? Surely the numbers are the numbers, so they must all come to the same conclusions? And why are we looking to them to make decisions anyway?!
They have the same numbers but they need to do projections to reach a conclusion. Some are conservative in that process (i.e. CNN) and some not so much (i.e. Fox news).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Apparently he wants to come out and give a press conference but his team can't see how it would help. His position now is much worse than 2am EST on Wednesday morning when he declared himself as winner.

Oldyella

I get that but is it more a case of they’re rarely wrong so it’s safe to claim it? Because surely they don’t actually have any power? It’s the one bit I don’t fully understand
Nor me. Like why are the Trump lot getting pissy with Fox for calling stuff? Surely it's just a case of the numbers are the numbers?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think it's more a case of the networks not wanting to be wrong so won't call anything until they're certain.
This is probably a really silly question but why do news networks have so much discrepancy of opinions here? Surely the numbers are the numbers, so they must all come to the same conclusions? And why are we looking to them to make decisions anyway?!
There’s also the prestige of calling it. Being the first out there. Thus Fox doubling down on Az. More liberal media like CNN, burned in 2016 have been super conservative. Anyone see the freak out/instant apology by Al Jazeera Anchor(ess) when a contributor referred to “asshole countries” - not because of the misquote but because of the obscenity.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
For Brexit and 2016 Trump win I heavily considered putting sizeable bets on them both happening individually, giving myself a consolation if both horrendous scenarios happened. Actually put a bet on Trump this time round and he loses. I’m a good omen I suppose

Precaution

Where is the Coke Cola factory in Atlanta? (The Border agent once recommended me it) might have to go despite never drinking the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.