2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Same. I'm on about the Julia Chatterly thing or that guy that tells you billionaires have doubled in the past few years.
? I've never seen or heard any of that. When it's not the election stuff, it's a screen telling me that there's a commercial break and they'll be back soon.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Rural WI is basically Alabama with more snow. I've lived in both states now and in the spring/summer the only difference once you leave Madison/Milwaukee is that there are WAAAAAY more white people and the accents.
Yeah Michigan is kind of the same way. Though we dont seem to have the same kinda poverty in our rural areas like they do. In fact, id say a lot of our small towns are actually pretty nice.

Siorac

Yes.

I think his vote share amongst black men increased from 8 to 13%. Heck, he even managed to increase his vote share amongst Muslims :houllier:
You can't be serious. I refuse to believe that.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
She has some privilege due to her upbringing, no doubt, but she's still subject to the by-products of hundreds of years of hate, distrust and oppression simply because of the colour of her skin. It's a completely different situation in American than anywhere else.
Well yes, America is very racist and generally hates non-white people at a frightening rate

But I imagine she grew up more privileged than almost all folks posting on this site.

I wouldn’t try to downplay any racism or adversity she’s faced. But attending Berkeley as a child of two parents with PHD’s speaks more to the intellect and endeavour of her Caribbean-Indian parents than a long lost genetic tie to Africa.

I suspect I’m being a prick. I don’t much like her and often suggest she’s as false as Trumps tan. I’ll quit.

Lj82

I think these things are usually handled in private phone calls, that then get reported by the respective countries' govts to their national media. And no one pays much attention anyway. But I also sense the announcements that these called happened might be a touch more attention-seeking this time.
Maybe in the US such things don't get much press. But in most other places the news definitely reports it, for the larger countries that congratulated. In fact for the US, countries have to take queue numbers to call in to congratulate the president. IIRC Japan was one of the first Asian countries to get to call Trump.

Boris will likely come back full circle insisting he never liked the racist Wotsit and is glad to see the back of him...after singing his praises endlessly the last couple of years.....and before that berating him while he was London's mayor.
To be fair, most leaders in the world have to pretend to like Trump. I'm not familiar with how BoJo interacted with Trump though.

Boycott

Jimmy Carter and Donald Trump.

Couldn't find two more polar opposite characters but the only thing they have in common is being one-term presidents.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I really wonder what he will do after it dawns on him that it's over. Will he throw a tantrum and just resign? I can't imagine him still acting presidential (would be weird if he started that now anyway) after this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I really wonder what he will do after it dawns on him that it's over. Will he throw a tantrum and just resign? I can't imagine him still acting presidential (would be weird if he started that now anyway) after this.
Someone needs to keep him away from those red buttons.

I'm only partly joking.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well yes, America is very racist and generally hates non-white people at a frightening rate

But I imagine she grew up more privileged than almost all folks posting on this site.

I wouldn’t try to downplay any racism or adversity she’s faced. But attending Berkeley as a child of two parents with PHD’s speaks more to the intellect and endeavour of her Caribbean-Indian parents than a long lost genetic tie to Africa.

I suspect I’m being a prick. I don’t much like her and often suggest she’s as false as Trumps tan. I’ll quit.
Her parents divorced when she was 7 and she and her sister lived with their now single mom. Read her Bio, I would not say she grew up privileged.

Status
Not open for further replies.