2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Probably. But that doesn't change the fact that Trump will still try.

I don't get why the idea is controversial. He'll do whatever it takes, and he'll draw out the process for ages. It's been obvious for ages that this was his strategy.
It's not controversial at all. It's inevitable because they've set it up for months. But the conditions they needed for it to succeed just aren't going to happen. And that's a very good thing, because it would have meant the US going full chaos dictator without a clue.

SirAF

Ageist
So you're 100% there won't be any further twists in the story after his speech? That Trump won't continue his strategy of taking extraneous legal action to draw out the result?
Trump can do whatever he wants, but it’s going to be futile. Not even a conservative SCOTUS is going to conduct a direct coup d’etat. Biden will be the 46th President 100% yes.

Giggs86

I don’t really follow American politics and I dont know much about Biden but damn he just doesn’t look like a president. He’ll be in his 80’s during his tenure? Seems absurd to me.
The dems were always pulling a bait and switch. Put the candidate with the best chances to get elected due his name being associated with Obama, that's the whole plan. He is in no form or shape to act as a president. I actually feel bad for him, in his age and condition he should be spending time with his grandkids, instead he's gonna be involved in a long and tiresome slugfest with Cocaine Mitch.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Trump can do whatever he wants, but it’s going to be futile. Not even a conservative SCOTUS is going to conduct a direct coup d’etat. Biden will be the 46th President 100% yes.
Yeah, it's surpassed the critical limit. They did their best packing the court, but they needed a knife edge for it to come into play.

owlo

How?

I'm only talking about Trump's tactics. You seem to be getting upset that he has tactics and want to ignore them because it's easier to assume that everything is already done-and-dusted. Nothing about the last 4 years of Trump should give you that confidence.
I'm not upset, simply annoyed at your misinformation. He can bring lawsuits, anybody can. He's not able to affect the result of the election though. And president elect is just an honoric as I said earlier.

You motherfeckers. Im still at work. Bragging about your proud drinking stats...
Looking for pictures instead of stats?

InfiniteBoredom

Recount costs money, court cases cost money, in the millions. Republicans are unlikely to foot the bill for these frivolous pursuit just to keep Trump in the spotlight a bit longer, it will depend on how much money he can milk out of the Trumpettes to sustain it, since we know despite the blusters, he won’t pay shit.

Dante

Average bang
It's not controversial at all. It's inevitable because they've set it up for months. But they conditions they needed for it to succeed just aren't going to happen. And that's a very good thing, because it would have meant the US going full chaos dictator without a clue.
Yeah, but saying anything other than 'Trump is a cnut' in this thread is like calling everybody's mum fat. It's a shame, because it makes it really difficult to discuss the Trump phenomenon in any kind of sober way.

He got to the Presidency for a reason, and he's going to play dirty to stay there. That's a topic that should be open for discussion beyond responding 'nuh-uh, Biden is the bestest'.
Okay. Good. Finally.

But he's still going to do it, and that's been obvious for a while. So strap in for the ride.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's one thing being 78/79 like our (Ireland) president, it's basically a ceremonial position.

But 78 is so old for a US president. The stress of that job must be insane. I'll be very surprised if he lasts the full term. Kamala 2023, I reckon.

Charlie Foley

Yeah, but saying anything other than 'Trump is a cnut' in this thread is like calling everybody's mum fat. It's a shame, because it makes it really difficult to discuss the Trump phenomenon in any kind of sober way.

He got to the Presidency for a reason, and he's going to play dirty to stay there. That's a topic that should be open for discussion beyond responding 'nuh-uh, Biden is the bestest'.

Okay. Good. Finally.

But he's still going to do it, and that's been obvious for a while. So strap in for the ride.
The feck did you just say about my mum

Charlie Foley

It's one thing being 78/79 like our (Ireland) president, it's basically a ceremonial position.

But 78 is so old for a US president. The stress of that job must be insane. I'll be very surprised if he lasts the full term. Kamala 2023, I reckon.
Also Michael D can read

Dante

Average bang
I'm not upset, simply annoyed at your misinformation. He can bring lawsuits, anybody can. He's not able to affect the result of the election though. And president elect is just an honoric as I said earlier.

Looking for pictures instead of stats?
Okay. But you agree that he's going to do it? And that that's his playbook? And that it's been obvious for ages that he was planning to take things this way?

I apologise for upsetting you earlier. I'm glad you've got over it.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Nothing is certain until the people manning the institutions do there duty. Human history is littered with coups, when the public gets complacent and divided then the ground is fertile for coups. The constitution is just ink on paper at the end of the day.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah, it's surpassed the critical limit. They did their best packing the court, but they needed a knife edge for it to come into play.
Yup. Of course Trump will *try* but it’s not even exciting at this moment in time. All we can do is to lean back and watch with a grin.

owlo

Okay. But you agree that he's going to do it? And that that's his playbook? And that it's been obvious for ages that he was planing to take things this way?

I apologise for upsetting you earlier. I'm glad you've got over it.
I'm so confused rn. Your argument seems to be "litigious dude will litigate." Duh.

Dudu

:houllier:

People straight up armed too. Imagine being a poll worker inside..

ChaddyP

CNN should just call PA and others will follow.
I'm here wondering wtf are they doing. Surely the math must show there's not a snowballs chance in hell Biden can lose PA when even Ruby red counties are showing him winning 60 percent of the mail in ballots left

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm here wondering wtf are they doing. Surely the math must show there's not a snowballs chance in hell Biden can lose PA when even Ruby red counties are showing him winning 60 percent of the mail in ballots left
They're scared after what happened in 2000. At some point it will become unavoidable though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

:houllier:

People straight up armed too. Imagine being a poll worker inside..
It's a big country which unfortunately means there are a higher number of crackpots. For a country that is supposed to be the leader of the western world there are some really naive, backwards people there.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some trumpy twitter people are now saying they should abolish the electoral college. I'd say go for it. See how many republican presidents that will get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.