2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It has been decided. If it was ONE state, then maybe Trump could have had a MINISCULE chance of getting something from SCOTUS - but with a likely 306 electoral win for Biden as well as a huge popular vote? No chance. Just no chance.
Yeah, this is what I'm hoping, and a lot of people too I'm sure. It's comprehensive enough to block the secondary legal avenues that he was bound to explore.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Yeh i was listening to it real time and laughed then i thought to my self...what the feck is he talking about:lol:..all dems drive hippy subies?
I think its a Pennsylvania thing. I almost never see Suburu here in California. But I had a relative live in Pennsylvania and they drove a Suburu and a bunch of their neighbors and associates drove Subus as well.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Biden and Trump are both older than every US President going back to Bill Clinton.
Comparing that to germany where only one of Angela Merkel's predecessors is still alive.

Dante

Average bang
It has been decided. If it was ONE state, then maybe Trump could have had a MINISCULE chance of getting something from SCOTUS - but with a likely 306 electoral win for Biden as well as a huge popular vote? No chance. Just no chance.
It hasn't been decided. Literally, legally or otherwise.

As outside observers, we can judge in good faith who should be the given the Presidency by rights. But that isn't what's happening and it's not the way this Election is going to play out. Even if the result turns out to match what we think it should be, the path to the Whitehouse is going to be the one that Trump decides it to be.

owlo

I'm starting my celebrations tonight @WI_Red - Ordered a takeaway for myself and the dog, opened up the bottle, and bidding on a beautiful medal at auction!

I have Talisker because my Lagavulin didn’t arrive on time :(
I prefer Talisker. Nice and peaty.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Person who changed the name of the thread & included imminent in it was clearly having a laugh. This is going to end next week

SirAF

Ageist

As outside observers, we can judge in good faith who should be the given the Presidency by rights. But that isn't what's happening and it's not the way this Election is going to play out. Even if the result turns out to match what we think it should be, the path to the Whitehouse is going to be the one that Trump decides it to be.
Biden will be sworn in January 20th 2021 - there is no doubt.

owlo

You're playing semantics. It's over. If it was Armenia, Russia, or Zimbabwe it might not be, but in the USA it's done. Even the secret service thinks so.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports

Well not exactly. It's ultimately up to the individual states and the electors at this point not Trump. And now finally, the self-interest of other Republicans will kick in and they won't want to be associated with such a bold attempt at power-grabbing.

Dante

Average bang
Well not exactly. It's ultimately up to the individual states and the electors at this point not Trump. And now finally, the self-interest of other Republicans will kick in and they won't want to be associated with such a bold claim at power-grabbing.
Right.

So you've just detailed a number of upcoming steps which will need to be followed, in contrast to the way elections are usually conducted. Trump's playing by a different playbook.

You're arguing the sanctity of the result. I'm discussing the inevitability of the process.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

This is fascinating/scary and well worth a watch.

Also. Can someone please tell me who’s on the cover of the book on the top left of his bookcase. Been bugging the shit out of me.
What a shambolic procedure the yanks have in place. Trump and his antics might actually force them to streamline the system.

Castia

I don’t really follow American politics and I dont know much about Biden but damn he just doesn’t look like a president. He’ll be in his 80’s during his tenure? Seems absurd to me.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Right.

So you've just detailed a number of upcoming steps which will need to be followed, in contrast to the way elections are usually conducted. Trump's playing by a different playbook.

You're arguing the sanctity of the result. I'm discussing the inevitability of the process.
No, I am talking about the law. You mentioned the law in your other reply. Trump has no control over the law or the "inevitability of the processs". He can throw any tantrum he wants but your original statement that its "up to Trump" is just wrong. It's up each individual state and the electors now. The road does not run through Mar-a-Lago.

The military, secret service, etc all swear their oath to the Constitution NOT the President.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Ok, I'm surprised it was this close.
Pity as it'd all be over now, at least wrt to who's getting sworn in come January.
With that said, if I'm trump I'd be using whatever legal challenges I could, but to say that it's been rigged and its cheating doesn't serve the country well. His adviser should tell him to stfu until the votes are counted.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I don’t really follow American politics and I dont know much about Biden but damn he just doesn’t look like a president. He’ll be in his 80’s during his tenure? Seems absurd to me.
just think Kamala Harris. she'll be the one should Joe become unable to serve.

WPMUFC

This is a pantomime show. News networks asking when will trump will grasp reality, yet they are all sitting there like frightened children refusing to call the obvious.

Dudu

Next AZ update supposedly at 9PM ET ( 900P ET)

C3Pique

Ultimately the courts aren't going to move against american democracy and certainly haven't been drinking the Trump Kool-Aid. He has 0 chance of overthrowing the american constitution in the courtroom, he might have been able to bully his contractors with expensive lawyers but he won't be able to do it against the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.