Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Look at what Trump has accomplished that the Putin's Russia loves:

* Encouraged Brexit (now happening)
* Encouraged the further break-up of the EU
* Encouraged anti-democratic and authoritarian demagogues around the world ... in Europe, in the Philippines, in Brazil and elsewhere.
* Sown hatred and division within the USA
* Caused several tens of millions of Americans to seriously doubt the validity of electoral results.
* Attacked other pillars of democracy (e.g. the press and media as 'enemies of the people')
* Cast doubt over the future of NATO
* Encouraged the spread of lies and fake news
* Lavished praise on Putin

The list goes on. The guy is a recruited Russian agent IMO.

Foxbatt

What terrifies me about all this is the precedence its set for their democratic process. I'm fairly confident Biden will still be POTUS come January, but Trump has already done irreversible damage, encouraging despots to use similar tactics in the future to contest, deny and circumvent electoral setbacks using lies and deceit with zero repercussions. Its frightening tbh, they really need checks in place to severely punish these underhanded tactics, because the electorate sure won't.
Despots don't need elections like this. It is only in democratic countries that they have elections that is supposed to be fair and free. I think what is interesting for the rest of the world is the American hypocrisy. Maduro in Venezuela is almost dead from laughter. If Trump can claim the e,lection is rigged against him why cannot Maduro do the same? I mean it is mind boggling. It is a pure comedy if not for tragic consequences. This is going to last for a lot longer. No one is going to believe what the Americans say about democracy anymore. How can any American government now say with a straigh face to another country, respect the elections?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

* Encouraged anti-democratic and authoritarian demagogues around the world ... in Europe, in the Philippines, in Brazil and elsewhere.
* Caused several tens of millions of Americans to seriously doubt the validity of electoral results.
* Attacked other pillars of democracy (e.g. the press and media as 'enemies of the people')

After watching the Comey rule, there is no doubt they have leverage on him.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The proper response would be “if you were a lady I would give the proper respect”

Seriously though, it is impossible to argue with people like this. Just like with the ACB confirmation they completely ignore the hypocrisy of their position and have zero shame about it. Since their position is “technically” correct they can smirk, like she does, with some confidence. This is what happens when the norms of government are unwritten rules.

Withnail

Wow, that was so Trump. You don't even need an FBI savant to reverse engineer that video to unmask him. This has to be treason surely?

Hold up, that Fox News clip wasn't a parody? I genuinely thought it was an SNL skit.

Jesus, I don't what's worse - the clip itself, or the fact that millions of MAGA idiots will lap it up.
That fox news clip was doctored.

The real clip has been posted a few times now.

Foxbatt

Let me tell you something on this list. The Phillipines is not an anti democratic and authoritarian demagogue. Otherwise I ageee but you should look at context in what is happening in Europe, especially eastern Europe. It is not because of Russia that Eastern Europe is becoming right wing. It is entirely the way they way before and because of Trump being a right wing President.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thanks but the speech technique sounds very Donald like. The pauses, the way of describing a scene and then just losing the thread midway, etc.

The FBI should demand that person's identity from fox for national security reasons.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Let me tell you something on this list. The Phillipines is not an anti democratic and authoritarian demagogue. Otherwise I ageee but you should look at context in what is happening in Europe, especially eastern Europe. It is not because of Russia that Eastern Europe is becoming right wing. It is entirely the way they way before and because of Trump being a right wing President.
Under Duterte, who has openly boasted about having committed murder? You must be joking.

The Firestarter

Duterte is not anti democratic and authoritarian?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
The governor of Texas is now offering a minimum of 25,000 dollars to electoral fraud whistle-blowers if their information leads to an arrest and final conviction.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...cribed-as-big-win-by-donald-trump/ar-BB1aUpJd

Such bribes will of course bring a fair few fantasists and liars out of the wood-work. It doesn't matter to such Republicans that none of it will be proved - they only want to damage faith in democracy.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This will run and run. You'll get far right muppets lying , you'll get far left muppets making parody videos which do more harm than good. Then when the investigation is finally over and Trump doesn't like the outcome, he'll continue to yell fix and the far right cult will go along with him.

Honestly, not really sure how America recovers from this short term. It'll require Trump backing down and I don't think he'll ever do that.

Foxbatt

Under Duterte, who has openly boasted about having committed murder? You must be joking.
Yes. Under Duterte. Have you been to the Philippines? The Supreme Court in the Philippines is independent. In fact it is just like the US. The President has not say in the Supreme Court. The Press is against him. So is the Justice system. There has not been even one credible case filed against him for murder. Zilch. The elections are free and fair and they have put a lot of Presidents in jail or impeached them.
You should not accept what you read in English newspapers. Just go and live there outside of especially Manila to understand what is happening there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thanks but the speech technique sounds very Donald like. The pauses, the way of describing a scene and then just losing the thread midway, etc.

The FBI should demand that person's identity from fox for national security reasons.
I dont think they give a sh*t to be honest.

Foxbatt

Duterte is not anti democratic and authoritarian?
Not at all. He is less authoritarian that Aquino the third. Don't accept what you see in the newspapers. Just go and live there for a while, especially outside of Manila and talk to the ordinary people. Understand the Philippines constitution and it would help if you speak at least Tagalog.
yes he is a lot of bluster too but he never goes outside the laws. What did he actually do that is anti democratic and authoritarian that is against the Philippines law that would stand up in a court of law?

Foxbatt

The governor of Texas is now offering a minimum of 25,000 dollars to electoral fraud whistle-blowers if their information leads to an arrest and final conviction.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...cribed-as-big-win-by-donald-trump/ar-BB1aUpJd

Such bribes will of course bring a fair few fantasists and liars out of the wood-work. It doesn't matter to such Republicans that none of it will be proved - they only want to damage faith in democracy.
Isn't that bribery?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Yes. Under Duterte. Have you been to the Philippines? The Supreme Court in the Philippines is independent. In fact it is just like the US. The President has not say in the Supreme Court. The Press is against him. So is the Justice system. There has not been even one credible case filed against him for murder. Zilch. The elections are free and fair and they have put a lot of Presidents in jail or impeached them.
You should not accept what you read in English newspapers. Just go and live there outside of especially Manila to understand what is happening there.
Amnesty International:

"More than 7,000 people were killed in the brutal ‘war on drugs’ in the Philippines between July 2016 and January 2017, under instruction from the country’s president, Rodrigo Duterte. Duterte ordered Philippines’ police forces to kill anyone they believe to be connected to the drugs trade when he assumed office in June 2016. State forces and vigilante groups have followed through these orders ruthlessly.

... Duterte has bragged that he himself has killed people, seemingly as means to reduce crime while he was Mayor of the city of Davao, before he became president.
'In Davao I used to do it personally. Just to show to the guys [police officers] that if I can do it, why can’t you. I’d go around in Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around, and I would just patrol the streets, looking for trouble also.''"
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/philippines-president-duterte-war-on-drugs-thousands-killed

InfiniteBoredom

This is ‘right wing’ in Australia.

Take a look at this, and when you unironically use ‘far left’ in this forum when referring to the American progressives, just remember this and have a long hard think about your ideology

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

It's difficult to know where to start with the alleged incompetence by this Biden/Harris team:
- They used a van with their names on it.
- Parked about 150 feet away from the building.
- Had not even filled out the ballots before they got there.
- Were filling them in against the van despite having a table.
- Had 2 people taking the envelopes out of the van and 2 people filling the ballots in, but also had 5-6 somewhere (seemingly hiding).
- Only decided to activate these extra 5-6 in order to form a human wall to hide what they are doing from the person dressed in a ballot counter uniform on their 5th time passing.

Wife just pointed out that the witness seems to have just gone bacj inside and carried on as normal as well. :lol:

Last edited:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

If the Dems were going to cheat, do you not think they would maybe do it somewhere discrete and not... I don't know... next to a Biden/Harris campaign bus in view of the poll where their tampered ballots are going to be counted? :lol:

The saddest thing going on right now isn't the attack on Democracy, it's the death of political satire. Nothing is outside the realms of reality anymore.

Foxbatt

Amnesty International:

"More than 7,000 people were killed in the brutal ‘war on drugs’ in the Philippines between July 2016 and January 2017, under instruction from the country’s president, Rodrigo Duterte. Duterte ordered Philippines’ police forces to kill anyone they believe to be connected to the drugs trade when he assumed office in June 2016. State forces and vigilante groups have followed through these orders ruthlessly.

... Duterte has bragged that he himself has killed people, seemingly as means to reduce crime while he was Mayor of the city of Davao, before he became president.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/philippines-president-duterte-war-on-drugs-thousands-killed
yes he has bragged and this amnesty international is something they picked out of an online blog. I know the Philipines a lot better than most people here. There is no vigilante groups apart from private armies operated by drug lords. Which includes some politicians too. The places is as crime infested as any dump in south america. People get shot on the streets for small issues. Guns are plenty and at least for now most people can walk peacefully at night or day in Davao where he cleaned the place up. You do not know how bad it was there with drugs and crime. Did innocent people get killed? Of course they did when there is a shoot out. Ask majority of the filipinos if there life is better under Duterte or worse than before? Majority would say yes. By the way the term limit of a President is one term in the Philippines and he would go in 2023. He has the super majority in the Senate and he could have changed the constitution if he wanted to.
This is the Trump thread so I wont say anything more about the Philippines here.

tombombadil

Might want to add denying science and promoting psuedo science.
Trying to break the Paris climate agreement.

Well, they didn't exactly sponsored his "golden showers" for nothing.

At this point, the GOP are literally like comic book villains. Going out of their way to just commit whatever absurd evil deed they can think off.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Honestly, not really sure how America recovers from this short term. It'll require Trump backing down and I don't think he'll ever do that.
I suppose we have to hope that most of the "base" will be happy enough to just sulk, as it were: it was rigged, they're all corrupt, democracy is dead, Donnie's greater than Lincoln, etc. But they won't actually take to the streets with guns blazing.

And we can also hope that the posturing we're seeing now from Republicans is purely tactical: as in, they're not doing this because they genuinely support Donnie - but because they're afraid to alienate the "base" (who they need on their side come 2024).

Granted, not much to hope for - but the alternative is obviously far worse.

tombombadil

The proper response would be “if you were a lady I would give the proper respect”

Seriously though, it is impossible to argue with people like this. Just like with the ACB confirmation they completely ignore the hypocrisy of their position and have zero shame about it. Since their position is “technically” correct they can smirk, like she does, with some confidence. This is what happens when the norms of government are unwritten rules.
They're in denial. Those who genuinely believe they are doing god's will, believe they are doing god's will. Those who don't believe it, simply don't care. They're doing it for the money. Pay them enough money and they'd hang their own mothers and frame their fathers for it.

tombombadil

I suppose we have to hope that most of the "base" will be happy enough to just sulk, as it were: it was rigged, they're all corrupt, democracy is dead, Donnie's greater than Lincoln, etc. But they won't actually take to the streets with guns blazing.

And we can also hope that the posturing we're seeing now from Republicans is purely tactical: as in, they're not doing this because they genuinely support Donnie - but because they're afraid to alienate the "base" (who they need on their side come 2024).

Granted, not much to hope for - but the alternative is obviously far worse.
They still need his base for the 2 senate seats in Georgia run off

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
yes he has bragged and this amnesty international is something they picked out of an online blog. I know the Philipines a lot better than most people here. There is no vigilante groups apart from private armies operated by drug lords. Which includes some politicians too. The places is as crime infested as any dump in south america. People get shot on the streets for small issues. Guns are plenty and at least for now most people can walk peacefully at night or day in Davao where he cleaned the place up. You do not know how bad it was there with drugs and crime. Did innocent people get killed? Of course they did when there is a shoot out. Ask majority of the filipinos if there life is better under Duterte or worse than before? Majority would say yes. By the way the term limit of a President is one term in the Philippines and he would go in 2023. He has the super majority in the Senate and he could have changed the constitution if he wanted to.
This is the Trump thread so I wont say anything more about the Philippines here.
It's probably better yeah because there's no way you can spin a country where the president gave the police a licence to kill citizens without appearing before a court as "not authoritarian". The supreme court is independant, but it's been 4 years now that they've tried to look into these extra-judicial killings and it's basically going nowhere.

slyadams

I think you're simplifying things a little there mate. If it was that easy they'd be no dictators :lol:

Unless Trump is certain he's going to end up in prison if he concedes then he won't be stupid enough to try and stay in power. If he does though the secret service won't just be carrying him out like a squatter.
Not at all, how many countries have reverted from being democracies to dictatorships? I can't think of a good example. The US system with its checks and balances can, and would, withstand such an action. How he gets treated depends on how he behaves. If he leaves, he leaves, I was talking about the condition some have said where he actually refuses to leave. In such a case I am 100% sure he would end up being forcibly removed. As I've said before, these guys are paid and trained to take bullets, they will not tolerate an unauthorised trespasser who, let's be frank, is sufficiently unhinged they would view him as a threat.

slyadams

No Buffy, not you too. This is getting really serious now where I am being made to re-evaluate my first childhood love!

Status
Not open for further replies.