2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Square

...Trump is safe then.
Yeah in my view Trump best shot of winning is against Biden(Not to forget that Biden will be basically republican light if he wins). Truth is large parts of the Dem base have just awful politics.
Long way to go but at the moment Gore Vidal comes to mind - ''There is no left in the United States, there is only reactionaries and conservatives''

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Yeah in my view Trump best shot of winning is against Biden(Not to forget that Biden will be basically republican light if he wins). Truth is large parts of the Dem base have just awful politics.
Long way to go but at the moment Gore Vidal comes to mind - ''There is no left in the United States, there is only reactionaries and conservatives''
Biden is much further right than Obama.
And yes. he will simply bend over to the Republicans.

Medicare for All is huge for the Democratic base.
Most other candidates want to claim some form of attachment to M4A.
Biden is dead against it.

Its the leading issue with Democrats. Though Climate Change should be. New Green Deal.

The Rally Saturday should be pretty interesting.

Sweet Square

Biden is much further right than Obama.
And yes. he will simply bend over to the Republicans.

Medicare for All is huge for the Democratic base.
Most other candidates want to claim some form of attachment to M4A.
Biden is dead against it.

Its the leading issue with Democrats. Though Climate Change should be. New Green Deal.

The Rally Saturday should be pretty interesting.
Is it ? Its been a while since I checked the polling but I remember posting some polls showing that republican voters understand more about Medicare for All than democrats. Plus national polling is somewhat similar in that it depends completely on how you frame Medicare for All. Certain framings have americans loving it others have them against it.

And if Medicare for All is huge for the Democratic base why is Biden still 10 points a head ?

These two come across like a bad SNL sketch
There are good ones ?

Sweet Square

Better get yourself used to 4 terms PM BoJo.
Luckily I'm Irish so I can always jump off. Although there's a certain comfort and charm about living in quickly decaying society like Britain, which I'm sure I would miss if I left. Yes the life boats on the titanic were all dry and secure but boy did that sinking ship have one hell of a violin band.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
this guy is a chameleon who has planned and executed his adult life into a speed-run for high office. biden and his dementia are far more endearing; i hope beto destroys him in the battle of awful one-liners; i hope tom steyer uses all his cash to specifically attack pete.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

truly one of the worst people on the planet
It does seem like there’s something going on with her, she’s getting a lot of positive attention from right wing bots on social media.

I just don’t think it’s the Russians though as it’s not a great tactic to keep Trump in as it’s the right wing echo chamber that’s getting full visibility and it’s more likely if she ran as an independent that it will be the moderate Republicans that she steals from Trump rather than the independents that she steals from a Democrat.

It’s much more likely it’s Israel backing her IMO.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
On the surface it doesn't seem smart for the Dems to yet again play the holier than thou with Gabbard. I know it shouldn't be a factor but I think she would be a massive force for the Republicans if they ever convince her to switch sides.

sport2793

Can't stand Clinton but she may not be entirely wrong. If I was Putin I would encourage it. A win-win scenario imo for them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't stand Clinton but she may not be entirely wrong. If I was Putin I would encourage it. A win-win scenario imo for them.
She’s likely not wrong but it may not have anything to do with Tulsi’s intent and everything to do with her strange positions, which gives Russian troll campaigns a perfect staging point for their usual divide and conquer tactics. Stein and Gabbard are just useful idiots in this regard.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Gabbard is not doing herself many favors with that tweet. I dislike Hillary with a passion but with the tweet Gabbard made she seems to add to the suspicion, not dispel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.