2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The problem is that Medicare for All is not that popular. It's popular among likely Democratic voters, but only as a vague catch-all which covers almost all of the candidates.
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-ame...mericans-support-medicare-for-all-health-care

Over 70% of Americans support it.

Bernie did call his plan Medicare for All Single Payer last Saturday to distinguish his plan from the others who also call theirs Medicare For All when in fact it is some form of the ACA.
He has been direct about the tax increase but also that overall costs will go down dramatically.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Sure. A policy wonk who until now does not have details to the Medicare For All Plan.
That's not true at all. She knows exactly how it works. But she would have to say the words 'raise taxes' and despite the reduction in costs more than offsetting those, American politics is too simple, and if she says those words, that quote will be run ad nauseam, out of context.

nimic

something nice
Scout
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-ame...mericans-support-medicare-for-all-health-care

Over 70% of Americans support it.

Bernie did call his plan Medicare for All Single Payer last Saturday to distinguish his plan from the others who also call theirs Medicare For All when in fact it is some form of the ACA.
He has been direct about the tax increase but also that overall costs will go down dramatically.
Yes, 70% support it when it's vague. But if you go into specifics, Bernie's plan is not very popular among the general population. I'm not saying his idea isn't the best, I'm saying most Americans don't understand why it's the best.

You're not popular.
No but I have universal healthcare and a strong labour union, so suck it.

Red Dreams

That's not true at all. She knows exactly how it works. But she would have to say the words 'raise taxes' and despite the reduction in costs more than offsetting those, American politics is too simple, and if she says those words, that quote will be run ad nauseam, out of context.
Yes. Taxes is a dirty word.

But politicians try and dumb down things too much and end up looking dumber.

But in Warren's case I believe it is not just the taxes issue.
I'm sure insurance companies have some role.
I hope I am wrong.

Red Dreams

Yes, 70% support it when it's vague. But if you go into specifics, Bernie's plan is not very popular among the general population. I'm not saying his idea isn't the best, I'm saying most Americans don't understand why it's the best.
Single payer needs to be explained. So I agree not all will fully understand.
But he got very enthusiastic responses when he had a town hall on Fox.
That may be the way to go rather than a debate with several candidates and the details get lost.

InfiniteBoredom

Saager is a smug Republican ,that seems proud of his picture with Trump .
He’s Dinesh minus the nutty religious part.

I have a beach property to sell anyone who believe both these Rising hosts have any sympathy with normal people or genuine with their professed populist politics.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Tulsi interview with Fortune Magazine (video) - it's ironic that she s trying to portray Hillary as a war hawk as if it's someone who is center right yet being unwilling to clearly condemn Trump re his Syria policy and sort of blaming the Dems for holding closed door sessions for the impeachment hearings to basically say it could be partisan politics. A bit disturbing considering this is a democratic nominee. I get some of the points she s probably trying to make but she s feeding directly into the Trump playbook. If Hillary s allegations are completely untrue she's not doing a very good job dispelling the feeling that you don't know who s side she s really playing for.

If she does move on in the primaries or even if she doesn't it will be very interesting to see if her positions become more clear.

InfiniteBoredom

25% of Democrats polled said Hillary Clinton would add something to the race (which does not equal favours voting for her).

Unless that number changes, everything written in these ‘scoop’ and ‘op-ed’ is pure hot air.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
25% of Democrats polled said Hillary Clinton would add something to the race (which does not equal favours voting for her).

Unless that number changes, everything written in these ‘scoop’ and ‘op-ed’ is pure hot air.
The only possible way it could, just maybe could make sense is if Hillary is willing to play the sacrificial lamb for the Dems - only for the DNC to this time around "do the right thing". But nothing suggests Hillary would even be capable of playing a submissive role like that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'I'll show those people who don't like me by being even more unlikeable...'

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Her entering the race would be the clearest path for Bernie. She peels off a good chunk of Warren and Biden voters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine the kind of complex she must have? To lose to Trump and continue to think you're the messiah.

Drifter

American
Establishment Dems are desperate .They see Biden slipping and the real possibility of a progressive getting the nomination. Pelosi summed it up
“Hold the Center” and it looks like they will do anything to do that ,even bringing back Hillary ,which would be a disaster.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Tulsi interview with Fortune Magazine (video) - it's ironic that she s trying to portray Hillary as a war hawk as if it's someone who is center right yet being unwilling to clearly condemn Trump re his Syria policy and sort of blaming the Dems for holding closed door sessions for the impeachment hearings to basically say it could be partisan politics. A bit disturbing considering this is a democratic nominee. I get some of the points she s probably trying to make but she s feeding directly into the Trump playbook. If Hillary s allegations are completely untrue she's not doing a very good job dispelling the feeling that you don't know who s side she s really playing for.

If she does move on in the primaries or even if she doesn't it will be very interesting to see if her positions become more clear.
This is why she is so adored over at Fox and by Russian bot accounts - she unwittingly does a lot of their work for them to where all they have to do is wait for her to say something then amplify it as much as possible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Her entering the race would be the clearest path for Bernie. She peels off a good chunk of Warren and Biden voters.
She would simply deflate Biden, Buttigieg, and Harris our of the race, which would probably not be a bad thing for Warren.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Imagine the kind of complex she must have? To lose to Trump and continue to think you're the messiah.
Most of her supporters see it the opposite way. They ignore the rust belt states issue and focus on Russian interference and the Comey letter as the primary reasons. The truth is of course somewhere between both extremes.

freeurmind

weak willed
Most of her supporters see it the opposite way. They ignore the rust belt states issue and focus on Russian interference and the Comey letter as the primary reasons. The truth is of course somewhere between both extremes.
:lol:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I had a vision of Amy Klobuchar doing her inaugural address. She got to the podium and there was a bunch of clapping and then she looked around and grinned and exhaled. The she said "what a long strange trip its been" and there was thunderous laughter. She moved onto talking about her plan for bipartisan entitlement reform.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Nate Silver agrees.

natesilver (Nate Silver, editor in chief): I think the narrative is mostly bullshit. Just want to get that on the record nice and early.

sarahf: So why is it b.s.?

natesilver: Like, it’s possible he’ll surge, and I certainly think he had a good debate, and he’s probably gained a point or so, which isn’t nothing! But to say there’s been a big Buttigieg surge is so far from reality that, if you simply glance at a table of polls, it almost feels like gaslighting. He’s maybe gained a point or so in national polls.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/so-about-that-buttigieg-surge/

Status
Not open for further replies.