g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Square

The article comes off as quite flattering towards Warren, in fact any normal person reading it may be more inclined to think she is actually interested in fixing the system instead of destroying it.
There are no normal people in United States.

No one is putting forward destroying the system but to get actual change does require some sort of class conflict(Pretty standard idea if your on the left). Being pals with well meaning people in wall street won't work, if it did Bill Gates would have rid the planet of poverty, years back.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How does Gabbard have 3% support, but less than 1% would consider voting for her?
Probably has to do with the latest drama she is involved in (or else the previous drama before this one). People get weird polling bumps due to silly stuff (just look at Harris and her debate zinger v Biden that pushed her up 10 points virtually overnight).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There are no normal people in United States.

No one is putting forward destroying the system but to get actual change does require some sort of class conflict(Pretty standard idea if your on the left). Being pals with well meaning people in wall street won't work, if it did Bill Gates would have rid the planet of poverty, years back.
I didn't deduce that from the article. If there are a few liberals at hedge funds who think more regulations are warranted and the wealthy should pay more, and as such, wouldn't mind Warren getting elected, then fine. That certainly won't hurt her among the broader Dem electorate.

Sweet Square

I didn't deduce that from the article. If there are a few liberals at hedge funds who think more regulations are warranted and the wealthy should pay more, and as such, wouldn't mind Warren getting elected, then fine. That certainly won't hurt her among the broader Dem electorate.
Yeah its pretty depressing.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
@Florida Man

I knew that about him already. He’s not wrong about it being really disruptive and it aligns with his pragmatic approach. I’d be interested to see his vision on limiting their influence to drive prices up. And don’t European nations who have universal healthcare also have private options?

All that being said, I prefer that we rip the band aid that is private insurance anyway. It’s disruptive but it can’t be anymore disruptive than the shit Trump does on a daily basis and at least M4A will do something positive as a result.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I knew that about him already. He’s not wrong about it being really disruptive and it aligns with his pragmatic approach. I’d be interested to see his vision on limiting their influence to drive prices up. And don’t European nations who have universal healthcare also have private options?

All that being said, I prefer that we rip the band aid that is private insurance anyway. It’s disruptive but it can’t be anymore disruptive than the shit Trump does on a daily basis and at least M4A will do something positive as a result.
Even Canada allows private insurance as a supplement for anyone who wants to use it. Dentistry and the like also apparently use private insurance.

InfiniteBoredom

His approval actually went up (!) since August. Scott Parker really did a number on that state.

If WI is this close then MI and PA is probably safe, but also means IA/OH unquestionably out of reach. If Dem pick up nothing else they are at 268, flip NE-3 or ME-2 then 269 all, and it’s down to the House.

It’s gonna be a long ride.

Dante

Average bang
It's the sympathy vote for all the Trump/Hunter wranglings. When it gets to the primaries, most of that support will melt away.

It's the polling equivalent of 'likes' on Facebook: an ostensible show of support, but not one that's going to persist after the rubber hits the road.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's the sympathy vote for all the Trump/Hunter wranglings. When it gets to the primaries, most of that support will melt away. It's the polling equivalent of 'likes' on Facebook.
He's murdering the field on non-white voters. Until that changes, he will be in good shape.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Thread
This is turning full on into propaganda against Warren by some Bernie folks. That article is actually good for her unless you think Bernie is going to shut down Wall street all together, in which case you are delusional. I am sure there are some folks on wall street who are Bernie fans too. Some progressive bankers support Warren's policy for more regulation and high wealth taxes... shock..horror.

InfiniteBoredom

The CNN poll looks suspiciously like herding. Their September poll had Biden at 24, in line with YouGov/Monmouth, and now they are similar to Fox/Morning Consult who have consistently had Biden 30+.

All of those listed above are good pollsters, so there’s no shame even if some of them inevitably turned out to be wrong, but a 10 pts increase with the month he had, using the same methodology, is baffling.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The CNN poll looks suspiciously like herding. Their September poll had Biden at 24, in line with YouGov/Monmouth, and now they are similar to Fox/Morning Consult who have consistently had Biden 30+.

All of those listed above are good pollsters, so there’s no shame even if some of them inevitably turned out to be wrong, but a 10 pts increase with the month he had, using the same methodology, is baffling.
check the age crosstabs

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is turning full on into propaganda against Warren by some Bernie folks. That article is actually good for her unless you think Bernie is going to shut down Wall street all together, in which case you are delusional. I am sure there are some folks on wall street who are Bernie fans too. Some progressive bankers support Warren's policy for more regulation and high wealth taxes... shock..horror.
Warren seems to be making the same pitch to business that Trudeau successfully did - chaos is headed your way, <show polling>, I stand between you and the spectre.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Warren seems to be making the same pitch to business that Trudeau successfully did - chaos is headed your way, <show polling>, I stand between you and the spectre.
Look, few people have concerns that she will be Obama v2. Fine that can be a legitimate concern but that will remain one for practically any progressive candidate bar Bernie. Folks turned on AOC so quickly as well when she delayed endorsing Bernie as per their purity metrics. Warren has a good track as far as wall street is concerned and she is not courting wall street money like Obama did. If she takes any direct funds from wall street then one can spread hysteria over the same but few individuals in financial industry supporting is not a cause of concern in anyway. Any president will face huge opposition over any move to reform or regulate the financial system in US irrespective of their campaign having being backed by wall street or not.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Think if any candidate addresses Health Care and Student Debt/Tuition is a realistic way. Coming pretty close to Bernie I mean.
No cosmetics. Then people are going to turn a blind eye to some of the 'corruption'.
People have woken up.
Their real needs are forcing them to wake up.

But the DNC is a little concerned about Warren I feel. That's why Hillary is being talked about.
They don't think Biden will win the election. But they are not 100% certain Warren can be controlled.

Just my guess.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Look, few people have concerns that she will be Obama v2. Fine that can be a legitimate concern but that will remain one for practically any progressive candidate bar Bernie. Folks turned on AOC so quickly as well when she delayed endorsing Bernie as per their purity metrics. Warren has a good track as far as wall street is concerned and she is not courting wall street money like Obama did. If she takes any direct funds from wall street then one can spread hysteria over the same but few individuals in financial industry supporting is not a cause of concern in anyway. Any president will face huge opposition over any move to reform or regulate the financial system in US irrespective of their campaign having being backed by wall street or not.
She promised to take PAC support for the general, so not sure about the bolded part, unless you are fixating on the "directly" part. But if you think PACs are indirect, then Citizens United is a harmless judgement, so...

I don't think she'll be like Obama when it comes to corruption, and she won't bend over for Wall St if there is a crisis. I think in the context of a divided congress, she can probably pass some anti-corruption legislation which might irritate a few donors.
But that's it. She has been vacillating on M4A for months. She has shifted her stand on campaign donations. She has reversed her stand on foreign policy within the past 5 years (when she supported Israel's bombing of Gaza). She has increasingly been getting positive press from Wall St, Democratic insiders, and big Democratic donors, who all say that she has been softening her rhetoric. Her campaign staff includes the same type of insider.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
the times i feel sympathy for warren are when i read people like the grade-a hack who was the woke feminist bashing bernie-bros in 2016:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
the times i feel sympathy for warren are when i read people like the grade-a hack who was the woke feminist bashing bernie-bros in 2016:
Sally Albright
@SallyAlbright
"Comms Strategist, Organizer, Voter Advocate, Rock & Roll Girl. Unprofessional Writer. Alabama Expat. Don't be alarmed if I mistake you for a hat. (I don't DM)."

So, no one then?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Kanye West on his support for Trump, and his future in politics:
Guardian said:
“For the greatest artist in human existence to put a red hat on was God’s practical joke to all liberals. Like, ‘No! Not Kanye!’” he said.

The 42-year-old also revealed plans for a future presidential run.

He said: “There will be a time when I will be the president of the US and I will remember…any founder that didn’t have the capacity to understand culturally what we were doing.”

In the same interview, West also referred to himself as “unquestionably, undoubtedly the greatest human artist of all time”.

Status
Not open for further replies.