2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Never underestimate a democrats ability to lose an election. Sam Seder goes OFF in this video. I love it.

Pelosi's fridge cost $20,000 :lol:

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Based on historical patterns going back to 1948, Biden should beat Trump by almost 20 points in the popular vote.
https://lbo-news.com/2020/04/22/bid...EdwXhYdbcdq1LMW0DqyoQl7K4SqF3OBMT58QwrAmqo5uc

I developed my own version of such a model—and, given my statistical skills, it had to be a very simple model. It had just two inputs: the president’s approval rating and the yearly growth in real after-tax income per capita (aka disposable personal income, or DPI), both measured in the second quarter of the year before the election. It all worked surprisingly well.

I have some doubts because what this model is based on is income and a massive loss in income due to the virus, so I' not sure how much Trump will be blamed for it. Anyway, I like the guy who made it, and that prediction record is pretty good, so I'm sharing.

SharpshooterTom

I can't see the GOP winning this election so their best bet is to make it as close as possible so they can keep hold of the senate which they still have a decent shot of doing.

Watch for special elections as early as 2021, I think the democratic party will come unpopular fairly quickly under Biden. Remember within Obama's first year the democrats lost the Massachusetts special election (a state Obama won by 26 points just a year earlier). 'Normalcy' which democrats have gotten nostalgic for included losing 1000 seats at state level. So I expect the GOP to do well in the 2022 mid terms especially when their opposition is going to be an 80 year old president and an 82 year old speaker of the house with sagging approval numbers and little to inspire democratic voters. No Trump this time remember on the ballot.

The best the GOP can hope for is to get rid of Trump now to get a quick rebound for 2024.

Last edited:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Based on historical patterns going back to 1948, Biden should beat Trump by almost 20 points in the popular vote.
https://lbo-news.com/2020/04/22/bid...EdwXhYdbcdq1LMW0DqyoQl7K4SqF3OBMT58QwrAmqo5uc

I have some doubts because what this model is based on is income and a massive loss in income due to the virus, so I' not sure how much Trump will be blamed for it. Anyway, I like the guy who made it, and that prediction record is pretty good, so I'm sharing.
You need to uncuck the polls, idiot. :rolleyes:

Drifter

American
McConnell is not very popular in Kentucky ,but the weasel always manages to get a win. This time i feel McGrath could have a good chance of ousting him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Red Dreams' favorite channel featuring these two who shilled it up for Bernie during the campaign, speaking favorably of Tucker Carlson

SharpshooterTom

McConnell is not very popular in Kentucky ,but the weasel always manages to get a win. This time i feel McGrath could have a good chance of ousting him.
Given straight ticket voting accounted for over 90% of votes in the 2016 election, if the trend continues which is likely, its going to be hard for McConnell to lose the seat unless Trump himself loses or gets close to losing Kentucky.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Given straight ticket voting accounted for over 90% of votes in the 2016 election, if the trend continues which is likely, its going to be hard for McConnell to lose the seat unless Trump himself loses or gets close to losing Kentucky.
True although there are a couple of points that may give the Dems a glimmer of hope. KY now has a Dem Governor and the Dems are up by quite a bit in the 2020 generic congressional ballot. I doubt McConnell loses his seat but wouldn't be shocked if its very close.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
@Eboue

I was thread banned for 10 days is all.

This pandemic proved what many of us Progressives have been saying. Neither party cares anything for the ordinary person. The Democratic Party proved once and for all that it does not believe in its own message that Trump is far worse than any candidate the Democrats can run. Otherwise they would not have actively sabotaged Sanders campaign. And for what? A man clearly losing his mental faculties. They are willing to have Trump than Bernie. Simple.

Proof?

Other than what Biden himself has said. He would veto a Medicare For All Bill should it land on his table. The Democrats response to the needs of ordinary Americans in the stimulus bill was non existent. Even if working people got 80% of their paycheck when they got laid off it still places enormous hardships on so many living paycheck to paycheck. Their Health Care coverage is gone. Now they have COBRA. “People like their health plans” Remember that? When they do get a job, their premiums are set to rise by 40%. And the next bailout proposed includes bailing out Insurance Industries. You could not make it up. But Medicare For All is taboo.

Any relief like Rent/Mortgage/Student loan payments delay does not waive anything. You still have to pay them. Just at a later date. That IRS payment is merely an advance against next years taxes btw. Cool.

So what do all these huge business bailouts do for ordinary people. A big zero.

The mantra is “We must vote for a Democrat to get rid of Trump”.

But remember. The DNC does not believe that as they are prepared to push a guy who has no business running for any office much less the highest office in the land.

Why many people like me will be either voting Third Party or just sitting it out now and going forward.

One important point. A Third Party vote is not a protest vote. It is the only realistic option of having representation for ordinary people rather than corporations. And importantly a Peoples Party/Green Party candidate can win by appealing to all segments of the population. Being all inclusive.

If there is a silver lining to this Pandemic, it is that all of us have been made to face the truth.

We cannot depend on the current two party government system.

The second silver lining is watching the pain of the Scousers. But that is another story. ;)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Biden has appointed Larry Summers as his economic advisor.
1. He was the economoc advisor to Clinton and was behind the end of the banking regulation Glass-Steagal act.
2. (I needed wiki for this one) He heped push California for the energy deregulation Enron wanted.
3. He was one of the main advisors in Russia's privatisation, the biggest collapse in life-expactancy in peacetime ever.
4. He was Obama's chief economic advisor and designed the bank bailouts.

Even if Biden literally has Bernie as VP there is no reason to trust him, he has shown what he wants, and that is the most right-wing person possible within the Democratic party. (It is also the usual story of how nobody ever suffers for, or is even made aware of, their total and utter failure).

MTF

Biden has appointed Larry Summers as his economic advisor.
1. He was the economoc advisor to Clinton and was behind the end of the banking regulation Glass-Steagal act.
2. (I needed wiki for this one) He heped push California for the energy deregulation Enron wanted.
3. He was one of the main advisors in Russia's privatisation, the biggest collapse in life-expactancy in peacetime ever.
4. He was Obama's chief economic advisor and designed the bank bailouts.

Even if Biden literally has Bernie as VP there is no reason to trust him, he has shown what he wants, and that is the most right-wing person possible within the Democratic party. (It is also the usual story of how nobody ever suffers for, or is even made aware of, their total and utter failure).
The TARP act was done by 2008, so it was mainly the work of Hank Paulson, Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke. Other than that, yes Summers was a deregulator all through the 90s and 00s.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The TARP act was done by 2008, so it was mainly the work of Hank Paulson, Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke. Other than that, yes Summers was a deregulator all through the 90s and 00s.
Oh yes, I mixed him up with Geithner for Obama.
I didn't mention his comments abuot women in science as Harvard president. Many reasons including that at ~14 I agreed and was wondering why the PC police are out to get him :lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-will-rule-release-donald-trumps-tax-records/

The US Supreme Court will hear three cases next year over the release of President Trump's tax records, meaning the court will be making high-profile decisions on some of Mr Trump's closely-held secrets in the middle of the 2020 presidential campaign.

Mr Trump has been seeking to block access to his tax returns and other financial records in lawsuits involving New York prosecutors and the House of Representatives.
US courts have ruled that Mr Trump must turn over the records but lawyers for the president have appealed to the nation’s highest court, arguing that as president he has blanket immunity.
The Supreme Court – where conservative judges are in the majority – said it will hear arguments during the March session with a ruling to be issued before the session closes at the end of June.
Did this happen in March?

Or will this be kicked into the long grass (aka past November 2020)

Sweet Square

Btw the Mehdi Hasan piece was written after Trump dropped the 'Mother Of All Bombs'' on Afghanistan in 2017 and that last year was a record number of bombs on Afghanistan.

But yes the real issue is some Bernie or Bust guy on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.